Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good Job Turbine

I must admit I did not expect much, maybe therefore I was pleasantly surprised with the new content and the enhancement pass.

My main a hybrid druid got a huge buff in every aspect and the word in channels was that everyone was getting buffed and people were generally happy about the update so good job Turbine and thank you.

But pls take some time to fix the bugs
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Thanks!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Default Been Playing 7+ years...

I don't throw my two cents in much, but I will now. I think the quests and Storm Horns area is well done. I think for the most part the enhancements give a bit more variety to characters. Here it comes, BUT... Wizards are back to be OP, Monk splashes are the way of the future even more, my Sorc isn't close to what she was. Seems you took the Sorc and switched the Wizard in a major rise in Wizards power. Archmage Necro? Then wielding Shiradi? Holy... well you know what I was gonna add in. Overall, I like the new update, and for the most part they will fix most bugs. Give the Development team a hand for they tried to change things up to revamp a dying game. Don't think they killed it, or added to its demise. Change comes, change happens, it up to us all how we adapt. I like and dislike some things, but change is inevitable. It is up to us, how we adapt. Good job overall. One major complaint though. Fix the pay to win aspect. I run a business and I understand the economics of it all, but I feel being so in your face with it, you lose more revenue than you gain.
    Krylor----Lauralinn----Thorriin----Hunii----Ciinder----Holdiin----Leader of Templar on Cannith

" You are not only yourself but everyone and everything around you!"

Community Member WilliamBraveheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sokól View Post
    I must admit I did not expect much, maybe therefore I was pleasantly surprised with the new content and the enhancement pass.

My main a hybrid druid got a huge buff in every aspect and the word in channels was that everyone was getting buffed and people were generally happy about the update so good job Turbine and thank you.

Not so good my pure fighter loses 100 hp, my pure FVS loses 80 spell power to positive energy and 300 sp

My pure Pally dos Tank is limited to S&B for buffs from DOS and loses approx. half his already low DPS and loses 300 hp.
    This does not look like a buff to the players looks like a nerf to me.

Lookin for sumthin to kill!!

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBraveheart View Post
    Not so good my pure fighter loses 100 hp, my pure FVS loses 80 spell power to positive energy and 300 sp

My pure Pally dos Tank is limited to S&B for buffs from DOS and loses approx. half his already low DPS and loses 300 hp.
    I am sorry to hear that, I think you can gain some spell power from the heal skill, but I must admit that I like to multiclass. It is a shame that they are rewarding multiclassing now. capstones need to be buffed big time.

I expect a sweeping effort to launch straight away into some additional new content, with no look back to bugs just introduced, or with older known issues.

Overall, I like the enhancement changes as well. Within 15 minutes I was up and running with my newly designed sorcerer, blasting away as powerful as ever, actually even more so than before.

Now for the other 6 alts I have... I don't know yet, but so far, so good!

(Oh, and grats on getting an update out that didn't break the launcher or crash multiple servers or screw up everyone's logins. Things are starting to look up a little! Nice job guys!)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Not so good my pure fighter loses 100 hp,
    Can you tell us how? I have a pure fighter Kensai and didn't lose any HP that I can see.

Thumbs up

Thumbs up!

loving the new content, enhancements and gear!

The changes from the ep aren't as DooOOOOoooMMM as they were at first I'll give you that, I'm not happy with every part of them but for the most part they're not bad.

However they're still very buggy from wierd resets when spending points, to dark monks neg leveling their parties. It very much feels like the ep should still be beta. Now there seem to be less bugs than in some previous releases and that is a positive step but this release still feels mediocre in it's QA, and a mediocre release should never get someone saying "Good Job", praising mediocrity just means that someone will never chase higher standards.

But what did you gain? There are enhancements that you did NOT have before.

Are those worth 100 hp to your fighter?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

I am sorry to hear that, I think you can gain some spell power from the heal skill, but I must admit that I like to multiclass. It is a shame that they are rewarding multiclassing now. capstones need to be buffed big time.
    I agree with this... Pures seem to be hit harder than others...

Capstones needs serious buffs
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    The changes from the ep aren't as DooOOOOoooMMM as they were at first I'll give you that, I'm not happy with every part of them but for the most part they're not bad.
    Heh, quote worthy!!

From you that's like a choir singing Hallejuh praises to Turbine on high!

Fanboi.

Thats because pure is not the way to go. Hell 18 2 isn't even the way to go now except for a couple of choice instances I could think of. The way of the future for both extreme versitality, defense, and dmg building is now splits. 3 class splits in alot of cases for classes that I see.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Indeed, good job, and thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    (Oh, and grats on getting an update out that didn't break the launcher or crash multiple servers or screw up everyone's logins. Things are starting to look up a little! Nice job guys!)

Speak for yourself. I (and most people I've talked to on Cannith) have been having problems actually logging into the game. Gives us the whole fake login where it puts you in game with the red box. Not actually connecting. Granted, I'm pretty sure it's a "rush of people who quit returning to check things out" issue.

That said, I really like the enhancement pass so far. Before, every character pretty much ran around with the exact same setup. Now, you can mix it up a bit and it gives you many directions to take your character in.

The only major problems I have with the update thus far is 1) Pay to win is running entirely too rampant in this game imo. You no longer have to work your ass off for tomes. You can just drop some cash in the DDO store and have your +5's.

It's not really game-breaking at this point, but it could be considered a "gateway" crime. I foresee in the near future, being able to purchase an entire account decked with 5 level 50 (levels 40-50 only available in the DDO Store for a limited time!) characters, full of the idealized epic gear for that update, with a "free" +50 LR. The game is dying, and I don't believe pay2win is a way to save it. It's a way to cash out before the inevitable happens imo. Fixing bugs doesn't seem to be a priority, so "They have to raise money to fix bugs" argument doesn't seem to make sense. The games server's are running just as horribly as they were 4 years ago, if not worse. Hiring and then firing developers makes consistency hard to achieve.

My second issue is the xp reworking. -20% per repetition is a good idea, I think. However, why not just wait and release the xp rework all at once? Doesn't make sense to me for you to nerf the xp, but do nothing about the other xp issues at the same time(insane amount of xp for destinies, TR's and poor quest selection, poor quest xp for length, poor xp period, etc.). Other than those problems I've got, I agree. Turbine seems to be turning around and doing much better than I remember in the past. Keep it up guys.
    Snarfity snarfly snarf.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    I agree with this... Pures seem to be hit harder than others...

Capstones needs serious buffs
    Disagree. I think the pures complaint is way overstated. I run nearly all pures and each one is definitely stronger now than they were. The other pures I was grouping with were also highly effective in the new Epic content.

You may very well gain on the maximal end by splitting in certain scenarios, but many pures are more viable now than even before imho and in my experience. Or you could ask the mobs I was mowing through.

You should buy into the Knight of the Chalice line. There are lots of good DPS boosts there (ex. Core Enhancements, Divine Might, Divine Sacrifice, Exhalted Smite, etc....Exhalted Smite 3 is really easy to get to now!). There are lots of other goodies in there to pick from such as healing amp, greater restoration clickies, ghost touch, level drain immunity, etc. IMHO, you'll want a blend of both Knight and Defender.
    Aryk Stoutheart, Paladin - Sarlona
    Rindyl Twirliblade, Elven Swashbuckler - Sarlona
    Vyyndar Stoutheart, Vanguard Paladin - Argo

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post

However they're still very buggy from wierd resets when spending points, to dark monks neg leveling their parties. It very much feels like the ep should still be beta. Now there seem to be less bugs than in some previous releases and that is a positive step but this release still feels mediocre in it's QA, and a mediocre release should never get someone saying "Good Job", praising mediocrity just means that someone will never chase higher standards.
    When I see a complicated game with lots of combinations where failures can occur be released bug free then I'll agree. Until that happens, I'll just assume it isn't possible and unforeseen things creep up. More important is how quickly these things get fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by myliftkk_v2 View Post
    Disagree. I think the pures complaint is way overstated. I run nearly all pures and each one is definitely stronger now than they were. The other pures I was grouping with were also highly effective in the new Epic content.

You may very well gain on the maximal end by splitting in certain scenarios, but many pures are more viable now than even before imho and in my experience. Or you could ask the mobs I was mowing through.
    I think we can categorize this 1 as YMMV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast