Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    To use a Stone of Experience on a friend, you can give them the Stone of Experience, and they can use it on themselves.

Some older versions (Menace of the Underdark-issued versions in particular) had a slightly different functionality, but it was changed some time ago, and recent Otto's Box Stones of Experience have only been usable by the person who has the item in their inventory. This is the intended way for the Stones of Experience to be used. So, keep the stone for yourself, or send it to a friend.

If folks are seeing a different functionality on the most recently-issued Stones of Experience, please let me know. Thanks!
    The stone says it can be traded. It cannot. Mailing still able though. So:

1) Mailed otto xp stone to friend. Friend (lvl 8) cannot use it. All he gets is (Standard): An error has occurred!

2) Tried to hotbar the stone to use on friend in party. Not able to target friend or use stone at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastyr View Post
    The stone says it can be traded. It cannot. Mailing still able though. So:

1) Mailed otto xp stone to friend. Friend (lvl 8) cannot use it. All he gets is (Standard): An error has occurred!

2) Tried to hotbar the stone to use on friend in party. Not able to target friend or use stone at all.
    Do you know where this Stone of Experience came from? Was it a newly-purchased Stone of Experience from our recent sale, or an older Stone of Experience that was distributed with Menace of the Underdark?
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    It doesn't seem to have retroactively changed for any old stones that were set to only be usable by the account of the otto's box opener.

I opened quite a few boxes back when the stones had to used by the person who opened the box. I can still use these stones on myself, but can't I use these older xp stone on my guildies after dragging it into a hotbar (the old way of "giving" an xp stone to others) sadly my guildies can't use these themselves from their own inventory either.

I'm stuck in a limbo now as I've already used my xp stone, and my tr group is stuck at level 8 .
    Yes, older Stones of Experience remain unchanged from the functionality that they had at the time they were purchased, so if you had an old stone with different restrictions, those restrictions would apply.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Do you know where this Stone of Experience came from? Was it a newly-purchased Stone of Experience from our recent sale, or an older Stone of Experience that was distributed with Menace of the Underdark?
    Cordovan,

I picked up a stone of experience in a trade a while back, which has been umm transformed into a Stone of Experience from the MotU setting. While it is possible that I was taken by a bad trade it didn't have the long explanation attached to it when I looked at it a while back. So it appears to have changed.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Yes, older Stones of Experience remain unchanged from the functionality that they had at the time they were purchased, so if you had an old stone with different restrictions, those restrictions would apply.
    Just admit they got broken somehow, and stop trying to blame the players.

I know Mr. fTdOmen, and he is a smart guy. I know he wouldn't be confusing his otto box/bigby box stones with pre-motu stones. In fact, I was certain that you all had erased those stones from existence last September.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Just admit they got broken somehow, and stop trying to blame the players.

I know Mr. fTdOmen, and he is a smart guy. I know he wouldn't be confusing his otto box/bigby box stones with pre-motu stones. In fact, I was certain that you all had erased those stones from existence last September.
    Nope, I still have two in a TR cache, discovered them 5 months after they were suppose to be gone. And I'm talking about the ones put out pre-MoTU expansion, even lists its expiration date and limit 1 per account.

I doubt they work.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    Nope, I still have two in a TR cache, discovered them 5 months after they were suppose to be gone. And I'm talking about the ones put out pre-MoTU expansion, even lists its expiration date and limit 1 per account.

I doubt they work.
    (I was being facetious)

I did say otto's stone in my previous post... but I will explain it again to clarify further. I am only talking about Otto's xp stone from the Otto's irresistible festival box.

Before U19:
    I opened an otto's box and received an otto's stone with the etc items in my inventory.
    This Otto's stone from the otto's box can be hot-bared and used on a party member lvl 8-16.
    This Otto's stone can be mailed.
    This Otto's stone can only be used by the person who opened the box

- no problem before U19. All working as intended. The restriction that the box opener must use the otto's xp stone either on themselves or others in their party is applied and working.

After U19
    I opened an otto's box and received an otto's stone with the etc items in my inventory.

1) The writing for the otto's stone has changed to this stone can be traded and mailed.
    - The stone cannot be traded.
    - The stone can still be mailed.

2) The Otto's stone from the Otto's box cannot be hot-bared, targeted or used on another party member (lvl 8)

3) Mailed the stone to party member. All he gets is (Standard): An error has occurred!

This Otto's stone from the Otto's box can only be clicked in my inventory to be used on myself. It cannot even be hot-bared to use on myself. Dragging the stone to a hot-bar and clicking it in the hor-bar doesnt generate any result. It is like clicking on an empty spot in the hot-bar.

After the hotfix:
    - The stone cannot be traded.
    - The stone can still be mailed.

2) The Otto's stone from the Otto's box cannot be hot-bared, targeted or used on another party member (lvl 8)

3) Mailed the stone to party member. All he gets is (Standard): An error has occurred!

This Otto's stone from the Otto's box can only be clicked in my inventory to be used on myself. It cannot even be hot-bared to use on myself. Dragging the stone to a hot-bar and clicking it in the hor-bar doesnt generate any result. It is like clicking on an empty spot in the hot-bar.

Thus, No change at all from before hotfix.
    - I am not able to use this otto's xp stone from the otto's box on anyone else but myself.
    - No one I have mailed my otto's xp stone from the otto's box to (lvl 8-16) is able to use the mailed otto's xp stone on themselves either.

I'm trying to tell you that the stones I've gotten from boxes I've purchased and opened between January and July this year no longer have the same functionality as they did before U19. I have not purchased any boxes from the most recent sale.

Vastyr's post explains the situation perfectly, and I can confirm I have the exact same problems.

My Otto's stones from the Otto's boxes I've purchased and opened before update 19, can only be clicked in my inventory to be used on myself. It cannot even be hot-bared to use on myself. Dragging the stone to a hot-bar and clicking it in the hot-bar doesn't generate any result. It is like clicking on an empty spot in the hot-bar.

This is determinately not the same functionality as prior to u19.

Again See Vastyr's post.

Any chance this was getting addressed in today's hotfix? Continuing with our TR group over the weekend would be awesome

Just tried to use Otto's stone from otto's box after hotfix number 2. This is Not WAI.

Otto stone from the Otto's box is not working as intended.

I am unable to confirm if the boxes opened after U19 have the functionality as Cordovan stated. This functionality was that the box opener would mail the Otto's stone from the otto's box to a friend and have the friend use the stone on themselves.
    Last edited by Vastyr; 08-25-2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: I only tried to use it on another account. The account did not click yes,

Otto's stone is still borked. Previously I only used it on a friend's account. Managed to hotbar and target friend. Confirmation box popped up. And I thought it was working and left it at that as this was just a test.

Today I actually tried to use the otto's stone from the otto's box.
    1) Hotbared otto's stone from the otto's box
    2) Targeted party member
    3) Party member received confirmation window.
    4) Clicked Yes
    5) Nothing happened. He was not given his xp from the otto's stone. The otto's stone is still in my inventory.

The otto's stone from the otto's box is still broken.

Mailed him the otto's stone to use on himself to see if that would work. All he gets is (Standard): An error has occurred! after trying to click on the otto's stone i mailed to him in his inventory.

Please look into this matter.

Community Member

Otto's boxes are back.

So....... is there any official response to Vastyr's concerns from 3 weeks ago?
    Were they fixed or not?

I want to be able to open the box and use the stone on a friend.
    From Vastyr's testing, it sounds like this is not possible, but should be.

Cordovan - could you advise if your internal testing confirmed Vastyr's concerns?
    4,995 TP is a pretty expensive bug to wait on.

Well i usually buy 2, 1 for each of my guildies as they have a hard time keeping up with me (i normally do 3 lives to their one lol) this has just put me off buying anymore, many many pplayers in gane and here saying it DOES NOT work, yet devs are saying it does?? So for me i'll take the player bases word as they usually have more of an idea of whats working and whats not lately and be keeping my $100 in the bank this time, maybe after seeing far less boxes bought this round they'll look into it and fix it
    The Arms Of Orien
    Dokalfar - Jhanjra - Khlaryssa - XiaNYdE - Tammin Burfoot
    In a way, we are magicians. We are alchemists, sorcerers and wizards. We are a very strange bunch. But there is great fun in being a wizard. -Billy Joel

As of right now I still can't use any stones from boxes I opened between u18 and u19 on anyone other than myself.

I do not know if stones from newly opened boxes work, as I will not risk buying more myself after this issue.

That said, the GM's have been very helpful with the stones I've got currently, but it's still an annoyance.

Community Member

Why would they put the boxes back on sale if they know the Stones aren't working as expected?
    Or is it only the older Otto's that are affected? Since they're already sold, care factor zero?
    I have several of the older Otto's boxes unopened as I don't want to use the stone on my toons but would like the other contents of the box.

How have GM's been able to help you fTd?

Cheers

Can someone confirm if they bought an Otto box today that they could use it on someone else?
    The blade itself incites to deeds of violence.
    Highlanders Cannith - Kalimah, Calimah, Rustymonster, Kraps, Nepheli, Wurshuper

This same thing happened to me after the last update with an Otto box I bought in August. I bug reported it and sent a ticket at the time, eventually the GM dealing with the ticket sent me a gem like levelling stone in place of the stone from the box.
    So they have been aware of the issue for maybe a month.
    Last edited by LondonGer; 09-20-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Community Member

Thanks London for advising.
    Nice to know they kinda have a workaround. Means they know they kinda have a problem.

Unfortunately, for 4,995TP I don't want to rely on the "automatic ticket closure" lottery that is GM support to make my item function.
    :-/

Community Member TheNameIwasntB4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Why would they put the boxes back on sale if they know the Stones aren't working as expected?
    Or is it only the older Otto's that are affected? Since they're already sold, care factor zero?
    I have several of the older Otto's boxes unopened as I don't want to use the stone on my toons but would like the other contents of the box.

How have GM's been able to help you fTd?

Cheers
    The reason that Turbine reissued the stones is the same reason that some players use this opportunity to rip off other players? Because they can.
    April 2013 - Manager Meeting - New Forums, WOW!! We just had over 90% new players join!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12