Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stones of Experience can no longer be used on friends. :(

Before U19, It was possible to use these stones on other characters by dragging the stone into a hotbar before targeting them.

This is no longer the case, I now can no longer use a stone whilst another party member is targeted.

repro Old method:

1: /Invite XXX to party.
    2: drag your Stone of Experience into a hot bar #1, slot #1.
    3: press f2 to target your party member
    4: press ctrl 1, then 1 to use the stone of experience on your party member.

Step 4 no longer works, it appears these experience stones are now self only, and may only be used by double clicking them within your inventory screen.

I have tried this today with an 8-16 stone of experience, and a 7-15 stone of experience, both appear to now work in a manner that is self only.

Had I known this functionality would be changed, I'd not have bought them in the first place

Well ****. This must not be WAI. Dev responses for the otto's stone have always been invite into party and able to use on party member. To have it changed now is just dumb.

... Devs please can you look in to this ? At one point stones were the de-facto trade for items, and i still have several of them in my bank. To remove the value of them really doesn't seem that it is in line with the original concept of the stones.

Thanks in advance...

Community Member

The description of it was changed with the latest release. Clearly stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulstorm View Post
    That does not necessarily mean it's not a bug, nor does it change the fact that an item I've paid for, had been changed retroactively without any advance notice.

Quartermaster X even pointed out that despite the original otto's stones not being WAI, they'd decided not to change them.

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    This is correct. However, we didn't want to nerf something players already bought in the store.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    That does not necessarily mean it's not a bug, nor does it change the fact that an item I've paid for, had been changed retroactively without any advance notice.

Quartermaster X even pointed out that despite the original otto's stones not being WAI, they'd decided not to change them.
    But that is out of context here, it was in reference to it's ability to be boosted by xp bonuses, not it's ability to be a secondary market trade value item.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Some form of dev response on this would be great. Whilst some people are quick to brush this off as a fix to end trading, there are other people like me who would use them for trading, and freely on friends / guild mates.

Unopened Boxes can still be traded with friends though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Unopened Boxes can still be traded with friends though, right?
    Yep which is what I guess I'll be doing till my stocks run out. Used to be nice keeping the 30% pots for alts of my own though, since we all used 50's when TR'ing

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulstorm View Post
    For the otto's stone? Please point me to this clear statement. I am genuinely puzzled as I cannot see self-use only anywhere on either an opened otto's stone or the otto's box.

And from the most previous store sale. The box description still stated

This item is not auctionable, tradable, or sellable to vendors. To use on another player, invite them to your party, place the stone on your hotbar, target them and activate the stone.

Seems like this is the same bug that is preventing guest passes being usable on others.

Fingers crossed, stones get fixed at the same time

i really hope this is working as intended people where being ripped off left and right buying otto boxs for 100kpp if you wanna sell for 100kpp ill take 20!
    Vertabreaker On Steam
    Vertabreaker's Power Hungry Quest TR 29 Of 40
    Encourage Self Sufficiency
    Power Gamer - Meta Gamer Since 1985

To sell the box on Sunday, and not cheaply either, then nerf it on Monday? That's a heck of a thing. I would hope this is a bug!

Quote Originally Posted by brickwall View Post
    i really hope this is working as intended people where being ripped off left and right buying otto boxs for 100kpp if you wanna sell for 100kpp ill take 20!
    So because some people are scammers (who should be banned imo), you hope the rest of us can't actually use our stones on others?

The boxes can still be traded, only the functionality of stones has changed. I'm really unsure what to make of your post as nothing has changed for box scammers.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 08-21-2013 at 12:02 AM.

What are you going on about? I actually had to reread your sentence a number of times to try to make sense of it then just gave up and assumed you are talking about wanting some kind of scam sale.

This is a tread about the xp stones From the otto's boxes. No one in this tread is selling anything.

We are trying to ascertain if the change in the otto's stone going from being able to be used for party members by targeting them then clicking on the stone in the hotbar to self-only is WAI or not.

There is nothing anywhere, not even int he known issues sticky that states otherwise. The latest update for stone of xp in the official tread from 8-19-2013 reads as:

" The Stone of Experience from the holiday box claims it is tradeable. Stones can only be activated by the original person who opened the Holiday Box; to use the Stone on a friend you must join a party and target them with the Stone."

So a dev reply on what is going on with this stone being non-targetable would be good here.

Founder

I don't understand what you are saying: 100kpp for an Otto's Box is a rip off? I think that's actually really cheap so I'm guessing that what you wrote isn't what you meant.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

The DDO Store entry for the Otto's box specifically said how to use it on party members via hotbar. This can't be intended.
    Author of Info Blue UI Skin (Really wish Turbine would update the skinning interface and enable all the new UI parts.)
    If you don't have an SSD, you should be using DDOPreload (fixes the slow first login issue)

To use a Stone of Experience on a friend, you can give them the Stone of Experience, and they can use it on themselves.

The current description in the DDO Store (when the Otto's Box was last available) stated:

Some older versions (Menace of the Underdark-issued versions in particular) had a slightly different functionality, but it was changed some time ago, and recent Otto's Box Stones of Experience have only been usable by the person who has the item in their inventory. This is the intended way for the Stones of Experience to be used. So, keep the stone for yourself, or send it to a friend.

If folks are seeing a different functionality on the most recently-issued Stones of Experience, please let me know. Thanks!
    Last edited by Cordovan; 08-21-2013 at 10:35 AM. Reason: clarity that the stone can be sent individually without having to send the entire box.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    I don't understand what you are saying: 100kpp for an Otto's Box is a rip off? I think that's actually really cheap so I'm guessing that what you wrote isn't what you meant.
    that's the point it is a good deal for the person buying the box 50$ is worth at least 10mpp.
    Vertabreaker On Steam
    Vertabreaker's Power Hungry Quest TR 29 Of 40
    Encourage Self Sufficiency
    Power Gamer - Meta Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    To use a Stone of Experience on a friend, you can give them the Stone of Experience, and they can use it on themselves.

Some older versions (Menace of the Underdark-issued versions in particular) had a slightly different functionality, but it was changed some time ago, and recent Otto's Box Stones of Experience have only been usable by the person who has the item in their inventory. This is the intended way for the Stones of Experience to be used. So, keep the stone for yourself, or send it to a friend.

If folks are seeing a different functionality on the most recently-issued Stones of Experience, please let me know. Thanks!
    It doesn't seem to have retroactively changed for any old stones that were set to only be usable by the account of the otto's box opener.

I opened quite a few boxes back when the stones had to used by the person who opened the box. I can still use these stones on myself, but can't I use these older xp stone on my guildies after dragging it into a hotbar (the old way of "giving" an xp stone to others) sadly my guildies can't use these themselves from their own inventory either.

I'm stuck in a limbo now as I've already used my xp stone, and my tr group is stuck at level 8 .
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 08-21-2013 at 02:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast