Hybrid View

Default Ruin is a ruined but salvagable feat.

On it's own, Ruin is a joke, mostly because of the damage. 500? That's it? A lot of monsters can easily shrug off 500 damage at epic levels, plain and simple. The damage needs to be adjusted more to, say, 5000. And maybe it could work with some damage metamagics as well as item enhancements, if you really want to go that far. However, ruin should have a bit of a drawback as a spell that deals massive damage to a single enemy: 3d250 damage upon casting the spell. I believe that this spell should be more of a "I want to do a lot of damage, even if it comes at a cost!", with the chance that the caster will be totally destroyed if they have less than 750 HP or face other dire circumstances.

Thoughts?
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Community Member

500 before spell power. It does good damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    500 before spell power. It does good damage.
    So, on a normal toon it's pulling maybe ~2K damage average factoring in crits and spellpower? That doesn't seem particularly great to me, what's the cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    On it's own, Ruin is a joke, mostly because of the damage. 500? That's it? A lot of monsters can easily shrug off 500 damage at epic levels, plain and simple. The damage needs to be adjusted more to, say, 5000. And maybe it could work with some damage metamagics as well as item enhancements, if you really want to go that far. However, ruin should have a bit of a drawback as a spell that deals massive damage to a single enemy: 3d250 damage upon casting the spell. I believe that this spell should be more of a "I want to do a lot of damage, even if it comes at a cost!", with the chance that the caster will be totally destroyed if they have less than 750 HP or face other dire circumstances.

Thoughts?
    I'm pulling between 2500-5000 dmg with it depending on crit etc 2500 being normal and 5k crit. The rest of your idea umm no.