Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Thumbs down Awesomiumprocess.exe

Thank you for not correct this issue or address it at all. I had small hope that there might be some kind of fix to help stabilize the client to prevent the crashing every 10 load screens or extended time in game. Instead the client is still as unstable as it was in the launch of last years expansion. Cannot remember the last time uninterrupted play was allowed by the client. Kudos.
    The Great Gnome Conspiracy was here!

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

They won't address it, as their web developpers are unable to make short URL links for the store they have to use the external awesomeness that is the awesomiumprocess.exe otherwise the internal DLL might eventually crash....

At least that's the ( dubious ) reason they gave us for the appearance of the ressource hog called awesomiumprocess.exe.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

I just wanted to thank you for allowing me to practice my log in process 6 times in 3 hours. The extra treats you provide to the player base is refreshing. All of those was without any character switching, purely zone loading.

Turbine your Awesiumprocess.exe has killed the stability of your client, when are you going to care?
    Last edited by Lerincho; 08-20-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Default Reroll Awesomium Process feature!

What DDO REALLY needs is a "Reroll Awesomium Process" feature!

Like this one!

Last edited by Cauthey_No_CCInfo; 08-20-2013 at 10:03 PM.

The Crafting Mogul
    Hero and Host of DDO Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    What DDO REALLY needs is a "Reroll Awesomium Process" feature!

Like this one!

This made me lawl sir, +1!
    The Crafting Mogul of Orien!, Yuupppp!! .:. Join The Craze - http://www.ddochat.com
    Proud to be part of what is, sad at the closure of what was, and grateful to have called it home...
    Proudly Canadian, and just providing my $0.02 cents. ($0.025 USD )

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Thank you Turbine for your prompt response in regards to this issue that has been brought up in at least a dozen other threads. Your attention to details and concern for your customer is overwhelming.

Is it no possible to create a toggle on/off switch for the DDO store instead of forcing it to be loaded on launch? Is it no possible to use a more competent source programming instead of a historically resource greedy program? Can Turbine actually acknowledge that know about the issue and are looking at doing anything about it?

Community Member

I'm pretty sure awesomium has some faults.

every time i try to open the ddo store the game stucks..

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Turbine I want to thank you for allowing me to continue log in practice all day long. So far my reps today have reached 32. I do think if you continue to try hard enough we can make it 100 log in practice reps in a single Saturday.

Every search you do about the Awesomiumprocess.exe confirms the fact that your implementation of this is in direct correlation of client crash issues. Other games in which this incompetently developed software reports the same stability issues.