Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default XP is now just for sale?!?

The release notes to update 19 include this "Each roll of the Daily Dice system grants a prize of Experience points in addition to a prize. These points range in amounts based on how well you roll. The amounts bestowed by the Gold roll are higher than the Silver roll. This XP is granted as an item in your inventory that is bound to account. To activate it simply click on the dodecahedron in your inventory and it will bestow the XP to that character."

from https://www.ddo.com/en/update-19-sha...notes-official

NO!

You cannot sell XP like this. It subverts the entire system.

Community Member

And the Stone of Experience is what?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

As was said earlier in the day....you may want to take a look at Otto's, Bigby's, and all the xp potions in the store. The 4,000 xp you can get off of a weekly gold roll (key word, CAN. Mine was only 800.....) is hardly game breaking or earth shattering.

I think someone earlier posted that in order for it to really work, you would have to spend over $1,700 for shards and your average roll to get to 20 from 1....again....hardly earth shattering...
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    And the Stone of Experience is what?
    It's like the Twilight Zone around here today, isn't it.

The Hatchery

You get almost nothing from it though. It would probably cost thousands to get from 1 to 28 with only rolls, unless you only did the daily rolls, in which case it would probably take years.

Be a nice little boost though if u save them all everyday, for a new toon straight off korthos.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    Be a nice little boost though if u save them all everyday, for a new toon straight off korthos.
    This is how we level one toon while playing another. XD
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

its nothing compared to the stones and the pots of xp, oh and the tomes.......

Ah, good point. I hadn't really thought of that. I guess I was mostly thinking "gamble, spend shards for xp. Bad." But, yes, stones. My mistake.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    No it doesn't. XP doesn't actually have to be earned. It's simply a way to measure a character's abilities. As long as my ability to gain XP from adventuring isn't affected, then it doesn't matter if someone else can buy XP or levels. It's a game, something we do for fun. If they want to avoid the slog of certain levels, they're paying for it, let them have it. It's not hurting you.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Silver Roll of 99 gave 800 XP

Lowest XP from a silver roll is 100 XP, but I only rolled a 4. A ONE could be lower I suppose.

I figure a 100 roll = 1,000 XP.

I can only think of one good thing about the XP rolls, and it is not the XP I am being given.

NO MORE USELESS collectibles!! No more Strings of Prayer beads.

My guess, a lot of the new players only had a tiny collectibles bag(12 items) and their inventory was being clogged with collectibles. Players probably had one page on their character and one page in the bank devoted to collectibles.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt

I like how people bring up one example of selling XP to justify this new version of selling XP. Its cool kids, theres already something far more shameless than this being sold.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

i cant see the big deal here.. u get some XP along with your award. so? whoever will use that just to gain XP is either Bill Gates or a lunatic.

i cant see any difference in buying an Experience heart.. or maybe using bought TPs for XP pots
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing
    My trade list: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-My-Trade-List

With characters on most servers I've been able to make a number of rolls both yesterday and today...

Highest XP amount I've seen is 2k from a Gold Roll
    600 from a Silver

Yeah...Somehow I don't think this is a game breaker!

On the other hand it is a nice way to keep characters on other servers moving along - Log in, Roll Dice, Log Out and Back to Main Server
    After a Year or Two you might have reached Lvl 6.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    With characters on most servers I've been able to make a number of rolls both yesterday and today...

Highest XP amount I've seen is 2k from a Gold Roll
    600 from a Silver

Yeah...Somehow I don't think this is a game breaker!

On the other hand it is a nice way to keep characters on other servers moving along - Log in, Roll Dice, Log Out and Back to Main Server
    After a Year or Two you might have reached Lvl 6.
    I got 8000 exp from one roll... then again, granted, it was a gold roll and I rolled 100. Then rolled again on gold (curiosity), rolled 17 and got 1000. Even if the average was 4000 (which is not) and you would roll gold roll each day (which you cant, unless you pay), it would take you more than 1000 days to cap legendary charachter in heroic levels. Hardly gamebreaking.

Pirate Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I figure a 100 roll = 1,000 XP.
    I forgot the actual number rolled, but this morning the silver chest gave me a +1 cha tome and 1000xp. The tome was bta so I traded it for purified dragon shards, the xp went to my lowest-level toon to inch that much closer to level 9 :P
    (in case someone cares, the 2 previous days both gave 2 level 10 Haste potions (or was it heroism?) and 300xp)

Greetz,
    Red Orm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    The release notes to update 19 include this "Each roll of the Daily Dice system grants a prize of Experience points in addition to a prize. These points range in amounts based on how well you roll. The amounts bestowed by the Gold roll are higher than the Silver roll. This XP is granted as an item in your inventory that is bound to account. To activate it simply click on the dodecahedron in your inventory and it will bestow the XP to that character."

from https://www.ddo.com/en/update-19-sha...notes-official

NO!

Well, congrats - you'll be happy to know they are not forcing you to either play daily dice, or use the experience tokens.

Drag them out of your inventory and destroy them.

Loving the new daily dice. Loving it. Thank you Turbine.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I like how people bring up one example of selling XP to justify this new version of selling XP. Its cool kids, theres already something far more shameless than this being sold.
    The point being, this is not a new concept, and it has not destroyed the game. It's not the first time you could 'buy xp' so why is this so upsetting.

Also I would like to point out that it's still...a choice. That each of you gets to make for him and herselves. Don't like it? Either don't use the gold rolls, or junk the xp stones. (It's not an autogrant, it's an item you can use, junk, or pass through the shared bank to a toon you maybe don't enjoy so much). And if someone else uses it, it does NOT impact your play experience, it impacts there. It does not remove your ability to go out, enter a quest, have some fun, gain loot and gain xp in ANY way if other people go crazy and spend buku bucks on leveling with gold rolls (and personally I think the poster who said you'd have to be in the Bill Gates finance category was probably not being too far over the top!). That keeps revenue flowing in, which keeps Warner Bros interested in keeping DDO open.

Although I will add my moderate little whine to the masses: They took out collectibles! Pets and cosmetic armors were my favorite things to win. *sad turtle* There, now I'm over it.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

It's worth noting that Daily Dice are not the only new system which allows a shard - XP conversion: One of the saga rewards is a huge XP token. It grants more XP the higher the completion tier is (i.e. hard or elite). You can spend 15 AS to have your hard saga completion an elite rewards list.

The Menace of the Underdark Saga on Hard offers 68k XP for a hard completion, and 100k XP for an elite completion. Thus, if you spend 15 AS you get 32k XP for free, if you choose to take the XP reward and not the Skill tomes. Of course, you're going to have to do some quests beforehand.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

NVM guess I'm just more cranky than usual this morning.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast