Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default XP is now just for sale?!?

The release notes to update 19 include this "Each roll of the Daily Dice system grants a prize of Experience points in addition to a prize. These points range in amounts based on how well you roll. The amounts bestowed by the Gold roll are higher than the Silver roll. This XP is granted as an item in your inventory that is bound to account. To activate it simply click on the dodecahedron in your inventory and it will bestow the XP to that character."

from https://www.ddo.com/en/update-19-sha...notes-official

NO!

You cannot sell XP like this. It subverts the entire system.

And the Stone of Experience is what?
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    And the Stone of Experience is what?
    It's like the Twilight Zone around here today, isn't it.

The Hatchery

You get almost nothing from it though. It would probably cost thousands to get from 1 to 28 with only rolls, unless you only did the daily rolls, in which case it would probably take years.

Be a nice little boost though if u save them all everyday, for a new toon straight off korthos.

Quote Originally Posted by sdrocky View Post
    Be a nice little boost though if u save them all everyday, for a new toon straight off korthos.
    This is how we level one toon while playing another. XD
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

its nothing compared to the stones and the pots of xp, oh and the tomes.......

As was said earlier in the day....you may want to take a look at Otto's, Bigby's, and all the xp potions in the store. The 4,000 xp you can get off of a weekly gold roll (key word, CAN. Mine was only 800.....) is hardly game breaking or earth shattering.

I think someone earlier posted that in order for it to really work, you would have to spend over $1,700 for shards and your average roll to get to 20 from 1....again....hardly earth shattering...
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    No it doesn't. XP doesn't actually have to be earned. It's simply a way to measure a character's abilities. As long as my ability to gain XP from adventuring isn't affected, then it doesn't matter if someone else can buy XP or levels. It's a game, something we do for fun. If they want to avoid the slog of certain levels, they're paying for it, let them have it. It's not hurting you.

i cant see the big deal here.. u get some XP along with your award. so? whoever will use that just to gain XP is either Bill Gates or a lunatic.

i cant see any difference in buying an Experience heart.. or maybe using bought TPs for XP pots
    Proud officer of The Balance, in Khyber
    Robopew / Kormah / Sokin / Dhona / Thendrik / Tightpants / Altab / Screamforme / Oohshift / Evermissing

The release notes to update 19 include this "Each roll of the Daily Dice system grants a prize of Experience points in addition to a prize. These points range in amounts based on how well you roll. The amounts bestowed by the Gold roll are higher than the Silver roll. This XP is granted as an item in your inventory that is bound to account. To activate it simply click on the dodecahedron in your inventory and it will bestow the XP to that character."

NO!

Well, congrats - you'll be happy to know they are not forcing you to either play daily dice, or use the experience tokens.

Drag them out of your inventory and destroy them.

Loving the new daily dice. Loving it. Thank you Turbine.

It's worth noting that Daily Dice are not the only new system which allows a shard - XP conversion: One of the saga rewards is a huge XP token. It grants more XP the higher the completion tier is (i.e. hard or elite). You can spend 15 AS to have your hard saga completion an elite rewards list.

The Menace of the Underdark Saga on Hard offers 68k XP for a hard completion, and 100k XP for an elite completion. Thus, if you spend 15 AS you get 32k XP for free, if you choose to take the XP reward and not the Skill tomes. Of course, you're going to have to do some quests beforehand.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

Quote Originally Posted by karl_k0ch View Post
    It's worth noting that Daily Dice are not the only new system which allows a shard - XP conversion: One of the saga rewards is a huge XP token. It grants more XP the higher the completion tier is (i.e. hard or elite). You can spend 15 AS to have your hard saga completion an elite rewards list.

The Menace of the Underdark Saga on Hard offers 68k XP for a hard completion, and 100k XP for an elite completion. Thus, if you spend 15 AS you get 32k XP for free, if you choose to take the XP reward and not the Skill tomes. Of course, you're going to have to do some quests beforehand.
    Are those shards bound to account? Meaning i could pass it down to say, a 4th level tr and basically skip 5th level?

Community Member

Default xp for sale for some time now

xp has been for sale for a while now in the form of the xp stone and similar items like , tomes of learning, xp potions, which are probably several of the cheapest way to level up a toon. The game has been changing to accommodate people since first released. It was a wicked and extremely difficult game when it first launched, if you were around for that it was horrible and only those who liked suffering and pain continued to play back then or maybe we were just entertained by exponential challenges. Whats important is that people can play together and new people can play with their now high level friends, seeing how the level cap isn't 12 anymore. No one has to use the quick xp systems, sweet rerunning of particular dungeons, or iconic heros, but its nice that they are available to those who would like to game with their friends or those who just want to experience higher level play that cant afford to expend as much time playing perhaps due to real life situations. In the end its nice to an individual can customize their play sit down for an hour or two actually have fun with friends (they just wont have as cool of gear as we do, ..

NO!

Default Agreed

NO!

I agree with no in that it's just annoying and usually trivial. Just as bad as getting all the other useless **** that filled your inventory. And, it is useless once you cap!

And, I do believe XP should be earned. All the other stuff is bad enough, though in fairness, the potions might effectively have the same result as free XP, they are not exactly free XP - they are a bonus to earned XP - you have to "earn" the XP to get the bonus.

The XP Stone and Ottos were/are highly annoying in that you get people over level 15 that seem clueless on how to play their own character but at least that was 1 time only (x2).

If I had my druthers, we'd just nerf that whole daily thing altogether...

And before anyone says, "if you don't like it, don't use it" - I'd add there's a dang annoying little dot on my icon begging to be clicked. Let me turn off that annoying dot and then fine, I'd happily do so and NEVER use the dang thing...
    Yehediah (Dwarf Cleric), Zeddek (Human Favored Soul)
    Mezros (Drow Bard), Fieris (Drow Wizard)
    Freibo (Halfling Rogue)