Community Member

Default Unless I've missed something...

My AA Ranger just got nerfed to friggin oblivion.

Ya took away Slaying ARROWS, (emphasis on arrows, as in plural, more than one) and replaced it with arrow of slaying. One. Friggin. Arrow. With a cooldown. BRILLIANT!

Slaying ARROWS, with Manyshot, was THE thing that made AA's worth playing.

***?

Yesterday, I was able to clear a room in about 20 seconds, or less. Depending on the mobs and difficulty, of course. Not anymore.
    Today. I got a ********** useless toon.

PLEASE, tell me I've missed something! Because right now. I'm not even wanting to run that toon anymore.

Y'all know me, I am normally a borderline DDO fanboi. And very rarely post anything negative. But this, THIS has made the class absolute garbage.

Not gonna stop playing the game, because you guys did well with the melees, (monks, the jury's still out on that, as far as I'm concerned) but HOLY ****, ya ruined the AA's.

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey1 View Post
    My AA Ranger just got nerfed to friggin oblivion.
    Slaying ARROWS, with Manyshot, was THE thing that made AA's worth playing.
    This is simply not true. Slayer arrows added an average of 25(?) points of damage an arrow.
    Manyshot+Slayer arrows didn't really mean anything tbh. The number of times I've hit manyshot and not rolled a single 20...

Sure it was nice when you did get a bunch of slayers in a manyshot, but attacks per second(manyshot, 10KStars), and high base damage/crits have been what made AA's strong.

What you meant to say was, before, Slayer Arrows were the only thing worth using at end game out of the other AA imbues.
    This is proven true by the fact that Jugg's, Pyrene builds, and every other melee out there right now is adding manyshot to their build, but not AA.

While I don't like the change personally, I'll not deny the implications of the changes. I believe it's now possible to get higher crits with slaying arrow, than the previous slayer arrows; especially if you build for crits. My complaint would be that it's a clickable attack. Something I feel I didn't need more of.

The real question is how does the DPS change, hitting this button every time it's off timer compare overall to the flat +25 damage per arrow we had before. I don't know the answer because I have not yet been in game and haven't gotten to test it myself yet.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life10/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin, 2xMonk
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    This is simply not true. Slayer arrows added an average of 25(?) points of damage an arrow.
    Manyshot+Slayer arrows didn't really mean anything tbh. The number of times I've hit manyshot and not rolled a single 20...

Sure it was nice when you did get a bunch of slayers in a manyshot, but attacks per second(manyshot, 10KStars), and high base damage/crits have been what made AA's strong.

What you meant to say was, before, Slayer Arrows were the only thing worth using at end game out of the other AA imbues.
    This is proven true by the fact that Jugg's, Pyrene builds, and every other melee out there right now is adding manyshot to their build, but not AA.

While I don't like the change personally, I'll not deny the implications of the changes. I believe it's now possible to get higher crits with slaying arrow, than the previous slayer arrows; especially if you build for crits. My complaint would be that it's a clickable attack. Something I feel I didn't need more of.

The real question is how does the DPS change, hitting this button every time it's off timer compare overall to the flat +25 damage per arrow we had before. I don't know the answer because I have not yet been in game and haven't gotten to test it myself yet.
    I hope I'm overreacting. In fact, I probably am.

And I know what I meant to say. Manyshot with Slaying Arrows WAS the cat's pajamas. It seemed to crit quite a bit for me. That said, the new stuff is pretty cool. Except of course, the aforementioned nerf.

Time will tell I suppose.

Community Member

I did take the AA into King's Forest.
    Tried out some of the new stuff.

It's...ok, but can't seem to kill the Drow as fast for the moment.
    Maybe I'm just too angry to see much of anything good on the AA for the time being.

Put down the friggin bow and pick up a repeater.

That's all I have to say for you bow-wielding wimps.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    Put down the friggin bow and pick up a repeater.

That's all I have to say for you bow-wielding wimps.

0.o

Nice.

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

although it is +250, it is always going off when u fire that thing. I got some combination of slayign arrow and crits and hit for 1700 points. that is more than i have ever done before. That is not the normal hit, but it was higher and the cooldown makes it faster than the slaying arrows i think.

Ill go slay some more giants and get back to you.

I am a little overwhelmed by clickies though....

Community Member

You're right aa is pretty worthless the way the slaying arrows are now. A clicky that fires 1 arrow and a cool down that costs spell points to use worthless even with many shot. I'd much rather have a chance that it would go off anytime you fire it rather than wait for a cool down to fire it again. Worthless!

Quote Originally Posted by Grahson View Post
    You're right aa is pretty worthless the way the slaying arrows are now. A clicky that fires 1 arrow and a cool down that costs spell points to use worthless even with many shot. I'd much rather have a chance that it would go off anytime you fire it rather than wait for a cool down to fire it again. Worthless!
    There is something to be said for delayed gratification.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Do note that you get both a primary and secondary AA imbuement stance that can be active alongside the new Arrow of Slaying.

Their effects on DPS ought be considered as well~
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

My archer got a real DPS boost off that change.
    Maybe you shouldn't judge right after you start playing with it.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Ironically, you're complaining about AAs losing one source of unsustainable burst damage, while their overall sustainable DPS is going through the roof. You have a clicky rotation that gives you +[W] attacks, rather than just running around autoattacking and pressing MS every 2m. You have DR breaking for almost every situation. You get stacking stances.

All that more than makes up for the ~25 DPS (100 DPS under MS) you lose from the change to Slaying Arrows. You're doing a lot more damage over 2m than you used to, its just not all concentrated in one 20-sec burst anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Ironically, you're complaining about AAs losing one source of unsustainable burst damage, while their overall sustainable DPS is going through the roof. You have a clicky rotation that gives you +[W] attacks, rather than just running around autoattacking and pressing MS every 2m. You have DR breaking for almost every situation. You get stacking stances.

All that more than makes up for the ~25 DPS (100 DPS under MS) you lose from the change to Slaying Arrows. You're doing a lot more damage over 2m than you used to, its just not all concentrated in one 20-sec burst anymore.
    This.

The trend in guild chat yesterday was leaning towards OP rather than gimp.

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Default Suggestions - Moonbow

Spend the AP to get Moonbow - gives you SP for buffing and using Slaying Arrows-

Run around in force stance (extra DMG all the time) - using slaying arrow as a "smite" attack (extra DMG when you WANT it).

Tap Slaying during manyshott and all the arrows are slaying
    Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 & 2017 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    My archer got a real DPS boost off that change.
    Maybe you shouldn't judge right after you start playing with it.

Oh yeah?

Well....well...maybe YOU shouldn't give me good advice and try to reassure me while I was trying to be angry.

Srsly though.. I definitely overreacted. I don't think the AA is nerfed anymore. Just different.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    Do note that you get both a primary and secondary AA imbuement stance that can be active alongside the new Arrow of Slaying.

Their effects on DPS ought be considered as well~
    One issue with this is many of the AA toggles appear to randomly stop working after a few mins so it will cost you spell points every few mins to retoggle the effect. I really only tested the elemental imbues which I had taken all the way to tier5 but it was incredibly annoying seeing the combat log tell me that the "effect has been removed from you," for no reason.

Oh yeah?

Well....well...maybe YOU shouldn't give me good advice and try to reassure me while I was trying to be angry.

Srsly though.. I definitely overreacted. I don't think the AA is nerfed anymore. Just different.
    What's that final tier shocking arrow thing? On crits, does target takes 2% more damage for 10-15 seconds, stacks up to 10 times? Crits or Vorpals or something. Now, fire off a manyshot, throw a slayer in there (adrenaline slayer at that, SCHAWING!) and enjoy your now +20% damage to that already +250 damage +400% insta crit arrow.

Yeah, boss fights just got a LOT more fun.

Tell me again how AA got nerfed? Seriously I read that one single archer thing and had to clean my pants after the little brick outhouse that came out. Add on top of that that I can imbue something else from the core stuff, and holy dear Jebus...

Looks like the tone of this thread got a whole lot happier.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Oh yeah?

That was "angry." It sounded more to me like "distraught".