Default Elyd Edge (Anthem)

My bard's sword, Elyd Edge, with Anthem on it, no longer appears to regenerate his bard songs. Bug, or WAI?
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Community Member

You killed Geddy Lee, you bastards!

(That's not an answer; I'm just expressing my outrage if true.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    My bard's sword, Elyd Edge, with Anthem on it, no longer appears to regenerate his bard songs. Bug, or WAI?
    Probably WAI. Regenerating bard songs was OP, and has thusly been nerfed.

It may be it only stopped working in explorer areas. It definitely does not work there (I was testing in Red Fens, and they were for sure not coming back).

But in a dungeon it MAY have been working right. I'll have to test it more to verify (I was running with my group, and it seemed like they were regenning, but I'm not positive, I had too many other things I was paying attention to).
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    Probably WAI. Regenerating bard songs was OP, and has thusly been nerfed.
    One song after 5 minutes and you had to have this weapon wielded all the time. That was really huge OP!

Thelanis: Shewind the Airbender (Sorc20/Epic5 -> Bard20/Epic8 -> Rog20/Epic8/Epic2 -> Harper_FvS20/Epic4 -> Art19), Azaxe (Rog18/Wiz2 -> Sorc20/Epic6)

I have noticed the same thing.

EPIC elyd edge- anthem song regeneration does nothing at all. The regeneration cloak was broken and never fixed a long time ago so that it doesn’t regenerate songs and now an EPIC weapon has been broken or nerffed too. It took a fair amount of time for me to get seal scroll shard to make this weapon epic. Very disappointed.

I notice that there is a reply in this thread saying how OP regeneration was but the thing is combine this broken anthem with songs lasting 20% less time it’s a serious downgrade to an already marginalised class i.e its the equivalent of them removing 8 songs from my bard. 20% less duration is 20% less songs . Breaking what is perhaps one of the 2 signature bard items in the game ., Tsk Tsk.

Incidentally. Bard song duration has been nerffed buy 20% which is significant. Pre pass my songs would last 10 minutes. Now there is no way to get them to last beyond 8 minutes. This change really shows a lack of awareness by Turbine how people actually play the game. It’s difficult enough to get groups to wait for songs when they lasted 10 minutes. Now they only last for 8 its going to be even harder. WAI or not it’s a very poor game play change.
    Last edited by Hirosue; 08-20-2013 at 05:21 AM.
    "Player testers have done an excelent job and I really do appreciate the testing done by the players that report the issues which then get ignored ......."