Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by bartharok View Post
    This is the challenge everybody has been demanding, you should be happy.
    I'm everybody and I did not demand this.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.

Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    I dont think cr 43 named mobs is intended for a level 21 quest on Epic Normal. Call me crazy but I dont think a mob that should be in epic elite (might even be too high for there) should be in epic normal quests... lol. Please remember, not everyone has maxed out destinies and uber gear to do these quests.

Given that there has been no Dev response, and no changes to the CR ratings (apparently), I’ll speculate as to why this has come about:

People were actively farming these quests for Tokens of the Twelve. This is evidenced by the fact that the traditional full token you’d get on the extra Drow / Reaver encounter was changed to shards, and the number of light-speed runs people were doing through Lord of Dust specifically to farm shards. It was a way to inhibit people doing quick LRs of their character by making these quests tougher.

I’ve been on more than a few runs in LoD where it was defined specifically as a “shard” run. People were counting down the number of shards they needed to TR in the quest and re-farming it to ransack.

I remember running both of them when they first came out, and they were hard quests initially. Those first PUGs in these were really rather fun as some of the vets I knew were getting their asses handed to them initially. Then somehow, it got easier, though I have no explanation why. The end fight in both got significantly easier somehow, thought I’d be hard-pressed to quantify why that is, but they seemed to “feel” much easier. Before the tactic in SotO at the end fight was to throw up a DDoor when things got hairy, so that people could bow out and hit a shine. Then, that tactic was totally unnecessary.

Now? These are no longer cakewalks at EH. I can’t say I’m upset about that because now it feels like it was when I ran them for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    Given that there has been no Dev response, and no changes to the CR ratings (apparently), I’ll speculate as to why this has come about:

People were actively farming these quests for Tokens of the Twelve. This is evidenced by the fact that the traditional full token you’d get on the extra Drow / Reaver encounter was changed to shards, and the number of light-speed runs people were doing through Lord of Dust specifically to farm shards. It was a way to inhibit people doing quick LRs of their character by making these quests tougher.

I’ve been on more than a few runs in LoD where it was defined specifically as a “shard” run. People were counting down the number of shards they needed to TR in the quest and re-farming it to ransack.

I remember running both of them when they first came out, and they were hard quests initially. Those first PUGs in these were really rather fun as some of the vets I knew were getting their asses handed to them initially. Then somehow, it got easier, though I have no explanation why. The end fight in both got significantly easier somehow, thought I’d be hard-pressed to quantify why that is, but they seemed to “feel” much easier. Before the tactic in SotO at the end fight was to throw up a DDoor when things got hairy, so that people could bow out and hit a shine. Then, that tactic was totally unnecessary.

Now? These are no longer cakewalks at EH. I can’t say I’m upset about that because now it feels like it was when I ran them for the first time.
    You nailed the proverbial timeline of the quest chain as a whole: at first, LoD was admittedly tough but manageable but did get easier as people learned what to expect. Servants was just over the top when it came out due to outrageous mob spawns on anything above normal (and even then, it got rather intense). Spinner was much the same throughout. Fast forward a little while where they were going to tune things a bit since the quests were out, and then the CRs broke.

This was the case for some time, but they eventually landed it in a much better scenario than before.. CRs were right for the difficultly, spawn rates were good, everything was right. Then U19 dropped, and old bugs became new again (CRs being only the tip of the iceberg, DW on PMs and the like) and here we are, back where we started.

And yes, I bug reported it as soon as I saw the CRs being wacked out again.
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

Default I just ran lod and the mission after....cr was ...er....entertaining.

I also just noticed this wacky bug. Dogs and bosses were high lvls.

Dogs at cr36 and bosses at cr43 while i was lvl 21 on epic normal. I was glad to have finished it with good ol' Albus the hireling. luckily i was on my melee build so didn't have to worry about sp, except on albus lol.

I haven't run these in awhile, and enjoy running them. but i will keep them on the back burner until fixed.

Fingers crossed to a fix soon.

If the change was intentional, with the intent on making it harder to farm shards, then they picked a pretty strange way of doing it.

If shards farming was too easy, then raise the CR a little bit and reduce the amount of shards. Reduce the incentive to straight up speed-run and farm by making it less worth the effort. Don't straight up break the quest by throwing EE level enemies into an EN run.

I can't believe this was done intentionally. It's got to be a bug of some kind that will likely take a few months to track down and fix. players with overinflated gear, past lives, and EDs don't really find ANY content too difficult, so of course they view this bug in the best light possible. Regular players like the rest of us, however, are left scratching our heads and thinking "***?"

Default so....

I ran the spinner of shadows quest (epic normal)over the weekend and the CR for jariliths and the spinner of shadow was overpowered. jariliths were cr38 and spinner was cr 43.

i just read that these quests are to be included in the saga rewards and not sure if turbine knows that the dogs cr36, jariliths cr 38, named drow cr 42, rakashas cr 42 are ee rating on a normal epic run thru. the rest of the mobs are cr 21 or so.

is it just the few of us posting here that have these problems in this quest chain?

i like this quest chain and would like to know if this is working as intended.

/shrug

No, it is a known bug. Epic Normal quests in this chain have Epic Elite dogs and bosses and heroic-level (CR 14 I think) trash humans. Update 20 release notes say it will be fixed in U20.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I remember running both of them when they first came out, and they were hard quests initially. Those first PUGs in these were really rather fun as some of the vets I knew were getting their asses handed to them.

Where you playing a different ddo then I was? When u13 dropped what I remember is "lod come get your free daily token lmf's" and servents farming locked chest lfm's.

But yeah the cr's are borked in there along with the seal drops. Turbine said they fixed them, whos knows my ss seal still hasn't dropped in over a year and a half of farming.

ELoD was hard until they ve made those traps in there just fun to run through. i remember well, i always got place in epic run w my trappers

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234