Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I don't think they broke it. I think they made it awfully hard to farm easily.

Let's face it, it was a bit of a cakewalk on EH.
    I dont think cr 43 named mobs is intended for a level 21 quest on Epic Normal. Call me crazy but I dont think a mob that should be in epic elite (might even be too high for there) should be in epic normal quests... lol. Please remember, not everyone has maxed out destinies and uber gear to do these quests.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    I dont think cr 43 named mobs is intended for a level 21 quest on Epic Normal. Call me crazy but I dont think a mob that should be in epic elite (might even be too high for there) should be in epic normal quests... lol. Please remember, not everyone has maxed out destinies and uber gear to do these quests.
    this is a recurring bug. when motu dropped we ran this on epic norm to get some friends to to eveningstar fast ..same exact crs of mobs.. devs stated it was a bug and after 2 trys finally fixed it

ime sure the forum posts made by people last july about this are still here

Just want to add to the discussion that I just got 2 chests on the end. Epic chest pluss a regular chest stacked on top of each other. Both contained token fragments so they both counted as epic. This was on EH.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    Just want to add to the discussion that I just got 2 chests on the end. Epic chest pluss a regular chest stacked on top of each other. Both contained token fragments so they both counted as epic. This was on EH.

Same happens on EE, and EH Servants. Haven't tested other diffs.
    Don't think it happened in Spinner. If it did, I didn't notice the extra chest
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

I went back and played LoD and SotO on EN and the CR's are definitely messed up. CR for Karas on normal was mid 40's. Same with the Hezrou at the end of EN SotO. Many of the cats were CR 40+ while some were around 20ish. Hopefully this gets looked at acknowledged soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    Well at least the devs have a reason to look at the quest now. CR 20 higher than it should be isn't beneficial. Extra loot? That has to be fixed pronto.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I don't think they broke it. I think they made it awfully hard to farm easily.

Let's face it, it was a bit of a cakewalk on EH.

I hope that's not the case. If it were just EH, sure, but EN has the absurdly high CR's as well. There should not be any CR 43's in a lvl 21 EN quest.

It would be kind of funny if the devs said they fixed the problem, and the next time you run it all the cultists are CR40.

2016 DDO Players Council Sam1313's Avatar

Default Servants of the underlord

Wow and I was thinking that my AA Ranger was weak, Yeah so I re-ran servants of the overlord last night on Epic Hard and got whipped out on the extreme optional, Before the update I could solo this on Epic Hard. I never payed attention to the CR levels of the monsters. I then ran it again on Epic Normal out of frustration and did notice that some the hellhounds was like CR 36, In a Epic Normal Quest????? No wonder I got my butt handed to me on Epic Hard. But I get to the boss fight and they are CR 50????? on Epic Normal. Isamuel is a level 24 AA Ranger still using a greensteel bow how am I supposed to kill a CR 50??? I hope they fix this soon because all I want to do is get the shard and the seal for the bow of the silver flame so I can make it epic. I have the bow and the scroll, just need the seal and the shard.

I agree, it messes up my leveling plans for my lvl 20-21s. It's REALLY hard to solo Epic Normal with these kind of CRs. I tried VoN1 on EN with my warforged archmage enchanter and had a horrible time of it. I ran invis most of the first part and had full SP when I went into the arena. My spell points were mostly gone before the big fight before the boss. I gave up and ddoored when I had 2 Minotaur shamans left and 300 spellpoints. They just kept healing themselfeves and none of my CC landed to keep them from it. My nukes were pretty good but with 3k hp shamans selfhealing while nuking the **** out of me with flamestrikes it was just too much. I couldnt get myself to chugh SP pots on an EN run so I just left it.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Default I'm glad I'm not the only one that had trouble...

...my halfling(22) maniac toon is usually a viscious midget, armed with khopeshes and a bad attitude he swept through most of the quest smoothly. Although I did notice that the dogs were lasting a couple hits longer then the cultists, I really didn't have a problem until I fought the Rakshasa's.

I was accompanied by a healer and my panther. The big problem was when I started fighting in the last room. The skeletons took forever to kill, I even had to retreat so my hireling could recharge his mana batteries.

To make a long story medium, I died. My thoughts that I had created the perfect evil spawn of Danny DeVito and Rorschach(Watchmen) had come dashing down.

This thread has given me new hope, thank you.
    Every time mankind makes something new, improved and idiot-proof... nature comes out with a new idiot.

Community Member

I ran the chain on Heroic at level 18.

In Servant's of the Overlord I observed:

On Elite the Drow Priestesses were CR 28, the Archers and Warriors were CR 23/25 and the boss at the end was CR 26.

That can't be right. Sure it was on Elite, but since when does Elite = mobs 10 levels higher than you?

I know its been a while since anyone has posted here, but I figured I'd add my experience...

I just completed EH SotO and was sailing along until the Reaver Lord optional, who was CR 43 (20 levels above me). It took me forever, but I finally killed him and thought it was just a fluke, as I never really paid much attention to the CR before. Unfortunately, Flamefang, the final Herzou, and priestess at the end were also both CR 43. Overall, I think it took me about an hour to solo it (no hirelings).

I did manage to pick-up a Doublecross and Bow of the Silver Flame scroll, but only a handful of Fragments...no seals or shards

Something definitely seems wonky with the CRs though.
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    there will always be bugs in DDO it will never be bug free at any point in its lifetime.

Community Member

Yea, in servants EH the Hezrou is 42 and the priestess 43. We had fresh 20s in there and put up a good fight, but there was no way it was going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post
    I know its been a while since anyone has posted here, but I figured I'd add my experience...

I just completed EH SotO and was sailing along until the Reaver Lord optional, who was CR 43 (20 levels above me). It took me forever, but I finally killed him and thought it was just a fluke, as I never really paid much attention to the CR before. Unfortunately, Flamefang, the final Herzou, and priestess at the end were also both CR 43. Overall, I think it took me about an hour to solo it (no hirelings).

I did manage to pick-up a Doublecross and Bow of the Silver Flame scroll, but only a handful of Fragments...no seals or shards

Nope - it's borked. The lions (whatever they're called) have borked CR. Cultists and drow are fine (EN and EH). The fire Reaver boss is borked big time. Same with doggies of all kinds. Borked SR. The red named Hezrau is borked. End bosses are borked - that would be in the first second and last quest in Web of Chaos. So some will go down just fine and balanced according to what the CR should be in these quests and then some are just Epic Elite type bosses. Almost in all cases my pocket healer will almost run out of SP and I will despite using adrenaline shots end up kiting and spending 1000s of bolts or arrows. The fire reaver will pop up at 58k HP and the Hezrau around 50k. That should give you an idea just how borked it is.

From what I have gathered both Lords of Dust and Servants is borked and has been since U19. They should be fixed but I guess the 1 hamster that has been set to eat bugs hasnt gotten there yet...

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddinman View Post

I can concur...I went into LOD with my lvl 23 Battle soul on EN...just looking for a quck and dirty completion for XP. I made it all the way to Gnomon without much issue. Then Gnoman started casting Divine Punishment and I spent most of my mana just trying not to die. Was getting hit for like 200 per tick of DP. I would get Gnomon down to a sliver, but he just wouldn't die. I beat on him for about 20 mins while he was at a sliver of health. I backed off and give him 3 stacks of Divine Punishment, then immediately took an adrenaline shot and successive Cleave, Great Cleave, Momentum Swing all right in a row, and he still wouldn't die. Finally, one of my guildies came in and we gradually double teamed him down.

Karas oddly enough went down very easily.

Community Member

Angry lord of dust

BEWARE: I ran this yesterday and got through the end fight and killed both bosses and then
    as ddo goes I got kicked for the server so I got back on I was standing in the harbor
    in the party I had my owlbear and my panther I could not reenter the quest so I lost
    the exp , the end chest and the end reward I tried everything to get back in to claim the
    end stuff but no luck I put a ticket in reposnse is need to put a ticket in online so
    I did and the response was the same there is nothing we can do but will look into it
    fyi it did take longer then normal due to the cr of the monsters

There are many times i get why devs dont comment on certain issues or complaints, but this one baffles me.

They go out of their way to say if something is wrong, report it, report it, report it. But that system only works if people receive confirmation and/or clarification of their report.

This issue has been around for months and has obviously been reported numerous times, yet we hear nothing. If it is an issue, just put it on the known issues list. We're big boys, we'll find it there. If its not an issue, just say "we upped the challenge....deal with it, suckers!!"

just to put some oil into fire: check known isues of last update - do u see this one there? strange is not it? looks like no one really gives a fk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gauthaag View Post
    just to put some oil into fire: check known isues of last update - do u see this one there? strange is not it? looks like no one really gives a fk
    This is a common misconception. The known issues list is strictly for things they no longer require bug reports on.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't like to hear about a fix in the work for this, so let's all keep bugreporting it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast