Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Weird CR's in Epic Lords of Dust

Just ran Lords of Dust on Epic Normal.

It had some really strange CR distributions. The cultists had CR 14 and were pretty much one shotted by spells, the dogs had CR 36, and karas had a CR of 50 or so.

Now, i didn't pay attention when i ran it last week, but I could have sworn that this was not the case then.

I can confirm this, some mobs seem to have teleported from EE.

Community Member

Can anyone confirm that for other eberon quests ? Or is it only that quest line ?
    Can't check till tonight but i would find that pretty bothersome.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post

It had some really strange CR distributions. The cultists had CR 14 and were pretty much one shotted by spells, the dogs had CR 36, and karas had a CR of 50 or so.

Now, i didn't pay attention when i ran it last week, but I could have sworn that this was not the case then.
    Did this quest last night EN,cultist dead in seconds,hacking at dogs for days lol.Actually found it fun.

Community Member

That's not how it always was? lol.....

I was using that quest on Lama to test the DPS potential for my builds, since the dogs and bosses in that quest were so HP-tastic

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    That's not how it always was? lol.....

I was using that quest on Lama to test the DPS potential for my builds, since the dogs and bosses in that quest were so HP-tastic

No... No it was not... My FVS actually ran out of spell points and died... (mainly because i didn't think to shrine, since on EN, 1500 had been more than enough for the final boss fight) Probably could have done it otherwise, but still not happy about it.

Community Member

It might have slipped in with the fix for Epic Gianthold having non Epic enemies , as such i'm kinda worried it might affect other quests too.

I ran it a few times on EH yesterday and noticed the dogs and cultists seemed much further apart in CR than they used to be. I know the cultists were always lower but it just seemed off somehow. Karas also seemed a bit heartier but it's hard to confirm. CR's seem adjusted slightly in other areas as well. The EH Rest Stop rats were higher than before as they are now CR 25, just high enough to get a blitz charge every time. Before I think they were 24 which didn't guarantee the charge. Maybe it's intentional? Maybe not.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by redspecter23 View Post
    I ran it a few times on EH yesterday and noticed the dogs and cultists seemed much further apart in CR than they used to be. I know the cultists were always lower but it just seemed off somehow. Karas also seemed a bit heartier but it's hard to confirm. CR's seem adjusted slightly in other areas as well. The EH Rest Stop rats were higher than before as they are now CR 25, just high enough to get a blitz charge every time. Before I think they were 24 which didn't guarantee the charge. Maybe it's intentional? Maybe not.
    According to the Wiki, Karas was CR 36 on EH. Now he is CR 47 on the same difficulty.

Yeah, it was a bit of a surprise. Moreso when he agro-ed on me.

CC still works on most of the mobs in that quest, and orange-names now have Deathblock on them from the moment you appear it seems. As a PM I was still able to wipe out the Death Knights and skellys with Undeath to Death easily enough, but Circle of Death was basically ineffective. And the dogs are WAY more difficult to take down than the cultists (seems a bit backward if you ask me).

The upside is that my wizzy redone has WAY more power when it comes to the damage spells: frost lance, disintegrate, and so on. The downside is that the HPs are so jacked-up that it doesn't matter. Your caster actually takes a step-or-two back from being top-line DPS.

If this is representative of the rest of the quests, then DPS has been sizably nerfed.

I'd like to point out that The_Troll sorta predicted this.

Community Member

I can't see how that is intentional. Just from the CR EH is nearly EE now. That can't go over well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    I can't see how that is intentional. Just from the CR EH is nearly EE now. That can't go over well.
    Well, you have to admit that there was a HUGE differential between EH and EE before. A change like this spans that gap.

EH used to be a joke. Now? You tread more carefully.

That being said, I only had the time to do 1 epic quest after I got done re-working some of my toons. So this may only be limited to Lords of Dust.

Community Member

remember when motu dropped ? it was exactly how it is now..took them months to get around to fixing it...hopefully it wont take so long this time since the fix is in the code somewhere

Community Member

Well ran Epic snitch and epic Cabal for one.

Snitch CRs were 100% like the wiki said.
    Cabal each mob had epic ward and was about 1 - 2 CR higher than the wiki says.
    Felt a bit harder but i'll attribute it to my meh enhancement setup right now.

Community Member

really hope they fix this... i was looking forward to getting exp while i tried to grind out an epic luminous truth

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneArcher52689 View Post

Well that explains it then..
    I was soloing it and thinking to myself.. Why does this feel so much longer than it used to??
    I'm guessing it's a code mix up, this chain has been plagued with odd CR issues since it came out off and on.
    Makes me think twice about running the spinner again anytime real soon...
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Yeah I noticed this too. I did the next quest in the chain, on EN to try out the new enhancments, and I went to do the optional to kill the fire reaver lord, and he was cr 43...... yeah 43 on EN solo. Took 3k mana of dps, heals, and my slas to kill him. Something is definately broke, either EE mobs are making their way into EN or the scaling system is saying I have 12 party members lol. Oddly this chain is the only one that I have experienced this on so far.

Community Member

Ok ran some more stuff all seems normal guess they broke the quest line.... again ?

I don't think they broke it. I think they made it awfully hard to farm easily.

Let's face it, it was a bit of a cakewalk on EH.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsquishwizzy View Post
    I don't think they broke it. I think they made it awfully hard to farm easily.

Let's face it, it was a bit of a cakewalk on EH.
    Well whichever it is some kind of confirmation of a dev would be nice.

I just did this chain on eN for flagging, and yeah, the CR's are borked. Jaralith Guards were CR 36. Reaver Lord was CR 45. 90% of the mobs were CR 17-22. ***.
    I edited a book!

Thelanis player: Arekkeh, Kimberlei (heroic completionist), Lehren (heroic/epic completionist), Natheme, Terpsikhore

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast