Community Member

Default Losing Venomed blades on logut

So anytime I logout of my monk/rogue my Venomed Blades stance from the drow racial enhancement icon becomes greyed out.
    I have tried replacing the icon on the quick bar and it has no effect. The icon has red writing indicating that it has a cost and prerequisite of buying the enhancement. Checking the enhancement tree says that the enhancement is still bought.
    I tested resetting the drow tree, not all of the AP were refunded so I had to log out and in again, then I repurchased the enhancements and the stance worked again perfectly...until I logged out again.

I submitted a ticket but got a response that this was not something that could be dealt with and that I should just log a bug report.

Kind of not cool that I am expected to pay an ever increasing plat cost to reset my enhancements on each login I think...

Could this get looked at and fixed maybe?

Image is at http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps3b6414eb.jpg because for some reason the file manager is erroring when I try to load the screen shot

Update: It appears that ~none~ of the drow racial enhancements are being applied, despite the tree showing them as purchased, as the Xen'drik weapon training modifiers are not applying to my short swords and the +3 to heal is not reflected from the venom lore enhancements
    Last edited by methuselahwinds; 08-19-2013 at 09:33 PM. Reason: More informations

Community Member

So this is still a problem after today's patch, I again paid to rest the Drow racial enhancement tree but as soon as I log out I lose all benefits of the enhancements but they still count as spent; could I get some response from Turbine that this has been noticed at all please? Any in game ticket I log about this gets closed with "We can't help, log a bug report" Logging a bug report specifically says that character issues won't be addressed or responded to...seriously as a paying customer I'm just asking for an acknowledgement that someone somewhere recognises my problem and will look at it at some point...

Quote Originally Posted by methuselahwinds View Post
    So anytime I logout of my monk/rogue my Venomed Blades stance from the drow racial enhancement icon becomes greyed out.
    I have tried replacing the icon on the quick bar and it has no effect. The icon has red writing indicating that it has a cost and prerequisite of buying the enhancement. Checking the enhancement tree says that the enhancement is still bought.
    I tested resetting the drow tree, not all of the AP were refunded so I had to log out and in again, then I repurchased the enhancements and the stance worked again perfectly...until I logged out again.

I submitted a ticket but got a response that this was not something that could be dealt with and that I should just log a bug report.

Kind of not cool that I am expected to pay an ever increasing plat cost to reset my enhancements on each login I think...

Could this get looked at and fixed maybe?

Image is at http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps3b6414eb.jpg because for some reason the file manager is erroring when I try to load the screen shot

Update: It appears that ~none~ of the drow racial enhancements are being applied, despite the tree showing them as purchased, as the Xen'drik weapon training modifiers are not applying to my short swords and the +3 to heal is not reflected from the venom lore enhancements

Community Member

So this morning I used lesser reincarnate, redid my character from the ground up, logged, in, played and ranked twice, spent the action points. Logged out for the server hotfix, logged back in and guess what...Still not receiving the benefits of ANY of my Drow racial enhancements (improved dodge, venom lore, Xendrik training and venomed blades.

I only get the benefit if I pay to reset the racial tree and re-select the enhancements, an increasingly costly exercise.

Could a mod, dev or GM please acknowledge that there is a problem with my character and that something can be done; not necessarily today, not even next week but just a confirmation that at some point my main will actually be playable again.

Quote Originally Posted by methuselahwinds View Post
    So this is still a problem after today's patch, I again paid to rest the Drow racial enhancement tree but as soon as I log out I lose all benefits of the enhancements but they still count as spent; could I get some response from Turbine that this has been noticed at all please? Any in game ticket I log about this gets closed with "We can't help, log a bug report" Logging a bug report specifically says that character issues won't be addressed or responded to...seriously as a paying customer I'm just asking for an acknowledgement that someone somewhere recognises my problem and will look at it at some point...

Community Member

I'm having the same problem with tempest ranger.

I've taken 41 points in the tree and those points are correctly tallied at the bottom. But the 3rd and 4th whirling blades became greyed out and show 0/1, the first dexterity is greyed out and shows 0/1 (and despite this being a prerequisite the second dexterity is correctly shown as having been taken) and the second to last core ability is greyed out and shows 0/1. Despite this being a prerequisite for the capstone, the capstone is correctly shown as having been taken.
    He left the name, at which the world grew pale.

Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

Community Member

Default orionsghost lvl16 drow monk

problem exists here too!
    need to reset tree to reset enhancement in-order to gain access to envenomed blades again. still not fixed!

Rise, thread, rise for an important update!

This bug is scheduled to be fixed with Update 20, coming November 12, 2013.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerian View Post
    Rise, thread, rise for an important update!

This bug is scheduled to be fixed with Update 20, coming November 12, 2013.
    Will it also fix it so it doesn't interfere with sneak attacks (and therefore assassinate)?
    It's definitely an N-word.

Unfortunately, this bug isn't fixed or I'm doing something wrong.

Venomed Blades is still greyed out, even if removed and reapplied.

I don't know if respeccing the racial tree might repair it but I'm not inclined to spend resources to try as yet.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)