Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Thumbs down the changes to my character with the new expansion pack sucks

I have been playing this game on and off since the beginning, lately now with my 10 year old a lot we have two accounts and I am not vip, that is I am owner I buy coins and pay for everything for both accounts including the pre buy for upgrade 19. So here is the problems I am having I had to rebuild my level 24 ranger With the new expansion witch i did not want to do. With the re build I now Have like 40 buttons that I need to push, It sucks that's why I abandon my level 16 wizard in the first place hate all the buttons you had to push you are never watching the fight just pushing buttons. My next problem is I lost My favorite things about my ranger slayer arrows and sprint boost. It just sucks. I also have a level 22 artificer I don't even want to log in with him Because I am dreading the rebuild. Its time to go outside with my son a bit more and not play this game anymore. The changes have just wrecked it as far as I a concerned, I think that I will quit playing now.

I agree and and posted also, maybe if more people did we could get a really big "Hot Fix"

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

sorry you guys feel that way. i hope you find a game that suits you. fare thee well

the official home of LOLWUT
    and R.O.G.U.E !
    Pointless/Frivolous/Beguiling/Justanotha Waste of Time, Katzklaw, Pickt d'Locks & etc
    Q: how do you get me to appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question! XD

Quote Originally Posted by boys321 View Post
    I agree and and posted also, maybe if more people did we could get a really big "Hot Fix"
    Not sure sure this will work out too well...
    Last edited by eldrytch75; 08-19-2013 at 08:52 PM.
    Going MAdD

Community Member

Angry lvl 15-17 toons

I have been playing this game for almost 3 years,and have a level 17 vetern cleric,a lvl 15 Paladin and a lvl 15 rogue....all custom made.When this expansion came out,all these toons are now USELESS!!!!!You took the clerics raise dead skill from them,and the same with the paladin,and the disable device from the rogue....*** were you guys thinking when you changed this tree to what it is now....and to think,not even 2 months ago,myself and my little brother bought 1 year VIP's a piece....and now after this,we dont even want to play.....TURBINE,get off your behinds and give us back our old tree so we have what we are supposed to have.This is wrong,cause on some of our toons we have had to use alot of time and money to get them where they are.You guys were wrong on this part of the update!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eldrytch75 View Post
    I agree I have a cleric/ranger 4/1. Because I started out ranger from level one it is giving me the ranger trees and there seems to be no way to access the Cleric trees... Is this the death of multiclass. I think I with the OP I will watch TV and cruise Facebook the thought of respecing 10 toons insane. Some are in there first lives and over 5 years old and now boom. its over...

Glad my vip expired last week and I sure wont be renewing until this mess is fixed. Once again another great blunder by this company.
    Have you tried the arrow icon on the right side of the enhancement UI? The new mixes in multi-class are actually a plus with this pass.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Calm down and look at the options you have. I didn't even need the LR+20 to adjust a toon; I merely went into enhancements and clicked away, reading as I went. I would left click to select and examine options, and then right-click to de-select so I could go look at other options. I had no trouble finding everything I once had, and I also found some new, fun things.

Down side is that many enhancements are spread around, so they may not be obvious without looking, and they may not be in the tree YOU would expect them to be in. Doesn't mean they are gone; most likely they are just somewhere else.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member HernandoCortez's Avatar

Just came back from college... WHAT?! No more Slaying Arrows?!?!

Are you sure?!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post

Are you sure?!
    Oh there are slaying arrows alright aa slaying arrows are now a clicky and shoot 1 at a time with a cool down period before you can shoot another. Thanks Turbine.

Community Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by HernandoCortez View Post

Are you sure?!
    now its a one shot cool down 250 damage pile of ****, that uses spell points, and I ran out of spell point before I finished a challenge!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nickmonte123 View Post
    now its a one shot cool down 250 damage pile of ****, that uses spell points, and I ran out of spell point before I finished a challenge!
    Thank you for this I forgot about it using spell points. Man I'm mad about this!

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny_Katiana View Post
    I have been playing this game for almost 3 years,and have a level 17 vetern cleric,a lvl 15 Paladin and a lvl 15 rogue....all custom made.When this expansion came out,all these toons are now USELESS!!!!!
    Interesting response as everyone I have spoken to thus far in game has claimed the exact opposite. Their characters either took very little to modify or were modified very easily.

You took the clerics raise dead skill from them,and the same with the paladin,and the disable device from the rogue....*** were you guys thinking when you changed this tree to what it is now....
    The Raise Dead ability had a pathetically long cooldown and frankly I cannot think of an instance where I ever used it. As for Disable Device enhancements, if you needed those you were either very badly geared or you neglected your skill increases at level up. Acceptable gear plus keeping your skills maxed as you level is more than enough trapping skills for the majority of the content.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Interesting response as everyone I have spoken to thus far in game has claimed the exact opposite. Their characters either took very little to modify or were modified very easily.

The Raise Dead ability had a pathetically long cooldown and frankly I cannot think of an instance where I ever used it. As for Disable Device enhancements, if you needed those you were either very badly geared or you neglected your skill increases at level up. Acceptable gear plus keeping your skills maxed as you level is more than enough trapping skills for the majority of the content.
    Perhaps it is easier to rant on forums than to actually search the enhancement trees. Admittedly, a few things seem borked, but most are the same or better, just spread about the various trees for a given class.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Calm down and look at the options you have. I didn't even need the LR+20 to adjust a toon; I merely went into enhancements and clicked away, reading as I went. I would left click to select and examine options, and then right-click to de-select so I could go look at other options. I had no trouble finding everything I once had, and I also found some new, fun things.

Down side is that many enhancements are spread around, so they may not be obvious without looking, and they may not be in the tree YOU would expect them to be in. Doesn't mean they are gone; most likely they are just somewhere else.
    I guess you don't have a healing FvS (or possibly other builds...). No, not everything is there.

well im just going to get my raids to 20 then tr, test out different builds on lama........I think paladin is dead to me........I respecced to the kotc hotd side......meh but it will do me till I tr.......I dont like all the extra cool down button mashing we seem to have to do now.....I already had enough of that but I guess theres no escaping it.......plus already had enough hotbars and now looking like I have to add one more. Not ready to throw in the towel but my excitement of the new is a bit curbed with the time it will take to work stuff out again.

I have been playing this game for almost 3 years,and have a level 17 vetern cleric,a lvl 15 Paladin and a lvl 15 rogue....all custom made.When this expansion came out,all these toons are now USELESS!!!!!You took the clerics raise dead skill from them,and the same with the paladin,and the disable device from the rogue....*** were you guys thinking when you changed this tree to what it is now....and to think,not even 2 months ago,myself and my little brother bought 1 year VIP's a piece....and now after this,we dont even want to play.....TURBINE,get off your behinds and give us back our old tree so we have what we are supposed to have.This is wrong,cause on some of our toons we have had to use alot of time and money to get them where they are.You guys were wrong on this part of the update!!!!
    Cleric Raise Dead is a feat, no? How do you not still have it?

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    I guess you don't have a healing FvS (or possibly other builds...). No, not everything is there.
    I understand that some things are borked, but much of what is complained about is just somewhere else. A read through the Lam fora before certain respecs wouldn't be a bad idea. Such as the divines choosing a deity at start, rather than as an enhancement.

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Community Member RapkintheRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nickmonte123 View Post

hi. at first i worred. but i can d omroe damage now.... all in all.

the old slaying arrows were +500 if you had a confirmed crit (so 5% of the time maybe?).
    The new arrows add 250 garanteed to teh base and you can get those to go off much quicker than 1/10 arrows. I have never fully understood how everythign works together to clculate damage, but the most damage i ever reember doing with my AA was around 1000 points in a single shot all totaled. I took my AA into epic gianthold
    and had a hit for 1700 usign the +250 slaying arrows.

that is not my normal slaying arrow total, but it looks like everything went off together and whamo. Overall with all of the different arrows that add to the base i feel that i am more powerful.

note: spell points weren't too bad for me and there are some enhancements which keep giving u temp SPs which i took. those are very helpful to reduce the costs. cleared the entire GH map before running out of SP.

The changes made SP matter for AAs. It used to be that my ranger had 800 SP or so, I buffed a few hundred and the rest really were just siting there for no reason.

the thing i find difficult is that now i feel overloaded with clickies.
    i have feat clickies, epic destiny clickies and enhancement clickies. a lot of clickies but that might just be something i will have to adapt to.

Community Member

Default Okay so I will admit it is better in some ways

If you turn on Many shot and hit the slayer arrow big damage every time once per many shot. I still miss +6 arcane returning arrows, Now only +1 and sprint boost. I think after practice I will learn to re love the old arcane ranger once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by RapkintheRanger View Post
    hi. at first i worred. but i can d omroe damage now.... all in all.

the old slaying arrows were +500 if you had a confirmed crit (so 5% of the time maybe?).
    The new arrows add 250 garanteed to teh base and you can get those to go off much quicker than 1/10 arrows. I have never fully understood how everythign works together to clculate damage, but the most damage i ever reember doing with my AA was around 1000 points in a single shot all totaled. I took my AA into epic gianthold
    and had a hit for 1700 usign the +250 slaying arrows.

that is not my normal slaying arrow total, but it looks like everything went off together and whamo. Overall with all of the different arrows that add to the base i feel that i am more powerful.

note: spell points weren't too bad for me and there are some enhancements which keep giving u temp SPs which i took. those are very helpful to reduce the costs. cleared the entire GH map before running out of SP.

The changes made SP matter for AAs. It used to be that my ranger had 800 SP or so, I buffed a few hundred and the rest really were just siting there for no reason.

the thing i find difficult is that now i feel overloaded with clickies.
    i have feat clickies, epic destiny clickies and enhancement clickies. a lot of clickies but that might just be something i will have to adapt to.

TY so much turbine you BLEEPS totally ruined single handedly one of my favorite builds the Fighter/ranger 1 AA I am now FORCED to be full ranger or I can't take AA. Your forcing us to play pure builds and the game also crashes alot more now. I never had a crash before update now I am lucky if I stay logged in.

Several people I talked to have DC issues and WE DO NOT LIKE THE ENHANCEMENT LINE AT ALL. Forcing us to be one way is not a good way to keep customers. I am thinking it is time to move on once again you push me to go to another MMO. Still thinking this was working fine and now you borked it so bad that the free ability to be custom is gone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast