Hybrid View

Community Member

Default The death of my wf fvs

We all know that support roles tend not to be popular, and hence less people play them. In the case of healers, I think that everybody should have at least 1 cleric/fvs/druid for the sake of allowing everybody to experience other roles. After playing a radiant servant for a long time I eventually turned my healing toon into a wf fvs 18/monk 2, and found that they were actually a lot of fun to play. A few months ago I took a break from DDO to handle other things, but always planned on returning once the new expansion came out, hence I was not paying attention to the enhancements as they were released. After doing the enhancements for my rogue/wizard toons I was very excited to see what my favored soul had waiting for me. The warforged tree was similar to my old enhancements, and I looked at the new "protector" prestige expecting my weapon damage and tank enhancements waiting for me. Rather, I discovered a crappy tank tree that accomplishes next to nothing, spare making you more durable while you throw out 300 point heals. The aspect I always enjoyed of my fvs is that I could solo small groups of mobs via buffing and self healing. Now my self healing barely can keep up with mobs attacking me, let alone on the rest of the party, and my sword DPS had plummeted to next to nothing. I expected to look to the forums to see outrage but rather a "meh, that playstyle is gone now." No, I refuse to just let one of my characters be removed from the game because fvs have become casters. After doing my other characters I was ready to buy the expansion, even with a pm with non-funtional wail. But to completely remove my character from the game is too much. We as a community can not reward Turbine for doing this, so if you want continued business I beg that you throw melee fvss a bone and allow them to become a viable character again. Even if I did ditch that character, the less support characters in the game the even LONGER raids will take to form, same with parties.

Community Member

For Epic Hard and anything easier, your healing should be fine. For Epic Elite, look into dodge/displace/incorp.

Quote Originally Posted by WizLord1224 View Post
    even with a pm with non-funtional wail.
    On the plus side, user testing on lama showed wail to be functioning 100% correctly, finally.

"meh, that playstyle is gone now"

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post
    "meh, that playstyle is gone now"

Yep. Cookie cutter build for everyone, now!

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey_No_CCInfo View Post
    Yep. Cookie cutter build for everyone, now!

Yep, I was seeing chat channels with people asking for tree breakups or links to trees filled for a given role ( you know ?* la SWTOR and WoW ) yesterday evening.

Soon we will see websites with the 3/4 cookie cutter trees for each class and everybody is going to use that.

( Now I wonder how many are going to use the Trees I made for Flavilandile during the Alpha and posted somewhere here )

OP : for the Abortion Tree ( Aka Protection ) ...It's the single most hated thing of the Enhancement Crash.
    It's on it's way out, don't waste too many points on it, wait until Patch 1 before doing extreme things.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flavilandile View Post
    Soon we will see websites with the 3/4 cookie cutter trees for each class and everybody is going to use that.
    You mean like the Exploiter, the Juggernaut, and every other extremely popular build in this game's history? Yeah, people copy what's popular/what works. It happens in literally every aspect of life.