Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post

Those ~ 3.5k hits are resisted crits, regular crits are ~ 10k, 19-20 are 15 - 18k.
    Kaboom !
    Sigh monks have it nice...

Community Member

Can someone explain how a bow can get numbers as high as 17k. As far as I know Adrenaline makes the dmg 5 times, thus 3.4k dmg without it. Then assuming x5 (x3 from bow + 1 multiplier from earth stance and 1 from OC) makes the base dmg about 680.

I can't seem to figure out how base dmg can go as high as 680. What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Shade_z View Post
    Wow, that is amazing. Can you please break down the numbers for me...
    Sorry for late response. It's more "show off number " , but you can get it even higher with better gear, past lives, Shintao or Crusty set, Str buffs, Tenser's scroll, bard, deadly weapons, another 5 % from black robe buff and there are people apparently counting Demonweb dmg buff ( but that's unfair imo ).
    There's helf damage boost, Archer's focus stack on helpless in that ss. Pinion with x 5 crits ( earth 3 stance + overwhelm crit feat ).
    While Pin / Stuns / adrenaline from melees / Mass holds allow helpless, Archer focus stacks are impractical to use on trash.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Arcane Archer (41 APs)
    Dispelling Shot (2 AP - filler)
    Master of Imbuement (1 AP)
    Dispelling Shot should not be taken as it removes the debuffs on a mob that your party has applied. Niac's and Eladar's dots are removed by Dispelling Shot.

Deepwood Sniper (11 APs)
    Dmg Boost x3 (3 AP)

Tempest (9 APs)
    Haste Boost x3 (3 AP)
    It's 2 AP per tier for Damage Boost and Haste Boost.

Primarily ranged-focused; cycles thru Inferno Shot and Sniper Shot while MS is on cooldown. [...] I debated skipping Tempest entirely to put more pts into DWS (e.g., Aimed Shot, Stealthy x3 for +1d6 SA); but I wanted Haste Boost and +10% offhand procs. Shadow DMs provide Invisibility and Displacement.
    Haste Boost only applies about half it's bonus to bows. I don't find it worth the AP cost for a bow-focused toon.

When Green Steel Displacement clickies are so easy to create, I don't see the benefit of dedicating a feat and several AP to the Dragonmark of Shadow.

Heck, for that matter I'm inclined to think halfling or HEs w/rog dilly make better rgrs than elves, just for the extra sneak atk dmg which stacks w/DWS. But I am nothing if not committed to my gimpy flavor builds.
    Half-Elf now only provides 2d6 SA and requires too many AP to acquire. You're better off taking Monk levels for sneak attack. You want Monk levels for Earth Stance and 10k stars anyway, and you can easily net another 9% Dodge with little investment. There's nothing compelling about 20 Ranger compared to 14 Ranger/6 Monk for an AA build.

EDIT: Monk will also give you access to Deflect Arrows, which is fantastic avoidance for a ranged-based toon. EE Stormhorns archers hit for 60 before damage reduction.
    Last edited by Carpone; 09-06-2013 at 01:12 PM.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Are you sure? I know the wiki says 2 AP per tier, but I could've sworn when I checked in-game it had been reduced to 1 AP.
    Haste Boost only applies about half it's bonus to bows. I don't find it worth the AP cost for a bow-focused toon.
    Hence why I have both Dmg & Haste Boost on a build which uses ranged + melee.
    When Green Steel Displacement clickies are so easy to create, I don't see the benefit of dedicating a feat and several AP to the Dragonmark of Shadow.

. . .

You want Monk levels for Earth Stance and 10k stars anyway, and you can easily net another 9% Dodge with little investment. There's nothing compelling about 20 Ranger compared to 14 Ranger/6 Monk for an AA build.
    Perhaps you missed that this was meant as a 28-pt F2P build for first-timers who won't have any of that stuff to start?

Community Member

Dispelling Shot should not be taken as it removes the debuffs on a mob that your party has applied. Niac's and Eladar's dots are removed by Dispelling Shot.
    Ack thanks for the heads-up: respec inc.

I would consider it a decent investment if purchased from the Kensai tree in builds with fighter levels where you can get it for 1AP per tier.
    Damage Boost for bosses, haste boost for trash killing.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Are you sure?
    Yes.

Perhaps you missed that this was meant as a 28-pt F2P build for first-timers who won't have any of that stuff to start?
    I would not recommend an AA for a first-timer. It's a gear, tome and twist intensive build demanding multiple past lives for optimal performance.

For a first time player, Warforged Shiradi wins hands down. No gear, tomes, twists or skill required.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Yes.

I would not recommend an AA for a first-timer. It's a gear, tome and twist intensive build demanding multiple past lives for optimal performance.

For a first time player, Warforged Shiradi wins hands down. No gear, tomes, twists or skill required.
    First time player...IF you are VIP or shell out 995 ddo points for Warforged.

But yes I agree with you, AA might not of been the best first life choice for me haha, still I think the builds will pan out alright, but it still feels kind of annoying that melees and mages out damage me and I can only compete with cleric hirelings in the kill count on elite until I get to a certain level, which I have no idea when...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfhild View Post

P.S. You really need to call it Manyshot; multishot reveals too much of your gaming background
    Haha ....

It took me almost a year to stop calling it multishot
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post

Those ~ 3.5k hits are resisted crits, regular crits are ~ 10k, 19-20 are 15 - 18k.
    Kaboom !
    I'm not sure what amazes me more

The 17k arrow ..... OR the amount of hot bars on your screen

Hehe

My bard AA has 11 and I find that overwhelming

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Quote Originally Posted by Alfhild View Post
    Ack thanks for the heads-up: respec inc.
    Didn't know that either ... Thanks

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

Ugghhh. Really? Gonna have to respec sometime.

Community Member

Just a minor point, but I disagree with you on this one slightly.

By all means caution it's usage, but I wouldn't say never use it.

Just an example scenario to illustrate why.

Monk is running towards a mob, as they get close the mob casts Deathward.

Archer sees this and uses Dispelling Shot to strip Deathward.

Monk Quivering Palm's the mob.

For the sake of a single arrow and a small amount of SP the mob died much faster.

As I said, caution it's usage, by all means, but to say never use it? I disagree.
    Last edited by Archangel_666; 09-07-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel_666 View Post
    Just a minor point, but I disagree with you on this one slightly.

By all means caution it's usage, but I wouldn't say never use it.

Just an example scenario to illustrate why.

Monk is running towards a mob, as they get close the mob casts Deathward.

Archer sees this and uses Dispelling Shot to strip Deathward.

Monk Quivering Palm's the mob.

For the sake of a single arrow and a small amount of SP the mob died much faster.

As I said, caution it's usage, by all means, but to say never use it? I disagree.
    Its always about the Monk. Jeez I hate Monks... lol
    Sarlona
    Gutter-Oowaoonah-Ute-Mauhl-Rockroll-Gutsack-Talrasha

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by xberto View Post
    Its always about the Monk. Jeez I hate Monks... lol
    Fine. Replace Monk with Arcane or Divine, or hell an Assassin for that matter.

Deathward removed, caster one-shots it. (Not in EE's obviously, but there's more to the game than Epic Elites).

Lower levels, mob casts Displacement. Party members don't have True Seeing.

Dispelling Shot...Who needs True Seeing?

My point was, that situationally, Dispelling Shot can be useful.
    Last edited by Archangel_666; 09-07-2013 at 10:59 PM.

So should I start an archer in Khyber? I really don't know how t go about since I don't know what stats distribution you recommend for a str archer, malice, and how I could contact you in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebris-Niatellim View Post
    So should I start an archer in Khyber? I really don't know how t go about since I don't know what stats distribution you recommend for a str archer, malice, and how I could contact you in game.
    Heya

I'd be more than happy to help you out ... I am gone now until Thursday around noon but for sure look me up ... Cassiee or Katnyss is probably your best bet on getting a hold of me.

If I'm not online, shoot me an in game e-mail and I'll keep an eye out for you

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

First lifer might be possible w/ both OC and CA on the same build. Needs +4 tomes tho, but if someones helping out, might be able to squeeze it all in. Is this missing anything?

12M - 6R - 2F
    1 point blank shot
    3 precision
    6 cleave
    9 great cleave
    12 improved crit blunt
    15 improved crit ranged
    18 empower heal
    -------------------------------
    1m stunning fist
    2m zen archery
    6m 10k stars
    ---------------------------
    1F power attack
    2F GTWF
    ----------------------------
    21 overwhelming crit
    24 combat archery

str 16 + 4 tome + 10 item + 2 rams +2 insight +5 primal scream ------39-----3 level ups for OC
    dex 16 + 4 tome + 10 item + 2 race -2 stance +2 cap ----------32-----1 level up for CA
    con 12 + 4 tome + 3 insight + 10 item +3 stance +5 primal scream ----------37
    int LOL
    wis 16 + 3 monk + 10 item + 2 insight + 4 tome +2 AA ----37----3 level ups to get to 40
    cha LOL
    Last edited by Chai; 09-13-2013 at 01:09 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    First lifer might be possible w/ both OC and CA on the same build. Needs +4 tomes tho, but if someones helping out, might be able to squeeze it all in. Is this missing anything?

12M - 6R - 2F
    1 point blank shot
    3 precision
    6 cleave
    9 great cleave
    12 improved crit blunt
    15 improved crit ranged
    18 empower heal
    -------------------------------
    1m stunning fist
    2m zen archery
    6m 10k stars
    ---------------------------
    1F power attack
    2F GTWF
    ----------------------------
    21 overwhelming crit
    24 combat archery

str 16 + 4 tome + 10 item + 2 rams +2 insight +5 primal scream ------39-----3 level ups for OC
    dex 16 + 4 tome + 10 item + 2 race -2 stance +2 cap ----------32-----1 level up for CA
    con 12 + 4 tome + 3 insight + 10 item +3 stance +5 primal scream ----------37
    int LOL
    wis 16 + 3 monk + 10 item + 2 insight + 4 tome +2 AA ----37----3 level ups to get to 40
    cha LOL
    Yes your forgetting I don't have monk XD. But otherwise that looks good according to my limited knowledge.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast