Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    First lifer might be possible w/ both OC and CA on the same build. Needs +4 tomes tho, but if someones helping out, might be able to squeeze it all in. Is this missing anything?

12M - 6R - 2F
    1 point blank shot
    3 precision
    6 cleave
    9 great cleave
    12 improved crit blunt
    15 improved crit ranged
    18 empower heal
    -------------------------------
    1m stunning fist
    2m zen archery
    6m 10k stars
    ---------------------------
    1F power attack
    2F GTWF
    ----------------------------
    21 overwhelming crit
    24 combat archery

str 16 + 4 tome + 10 item + 2 rams +2 insight +5 primal scream ------39-----3 level ups for OC
    dex 16 + 4 tome + 10 item + 2 race -2 stance +2 cap ----------32-----1 level up for CA
    con 12 + 4 tome + 3 insight + 10 item +3 stance +5 primal scream ----------37
    int LOL
    wis 16 + 3 monk + 10 item + 2 insight + 4 tome +2 AA ----37----3 level ups to get to 40
    cha LOL
    Three things I noticed right away:

(1) Empower Heal has a minimum requirement of 8 ranger levels (just learned that the hard way )

(2) It's missing Improved Precise Shot.

(3) Optionally, Precision can be taken as a monk feat, which might open up another feat (like grandmastering forms), as I'd argue the usefulness of Stunning Fist without a full focus on wisdom. Which might be a question of focus generally, as I'd not try to build for both melee and ranged anyways on a starter toon.

I know this might be just me, but I'm not agreeing on INT LOL. On a monkcher I'd invest into concentration (so I don't have to regen ki as often with melee), balance (kiting is no fun lying on the floor), heal (as without empower every lil bit helps) and possibly UMD. On a first life character I'd absolutely add a couple levels Jump as well. Which is a tight fit with a fully dumped INT and few ranger levels.

While Wisdom is nice for 10k (and well, stunning fist), I guess it's adding the least to an archer build and is the best spot to save some build points here on an early life.

Another thing I want to recommend is to check out the upcoming Mabar event. Which seems to provide a +6 and a +5 tome for some moderate amount of dragon bashing (which might even be fun opposed to asking guild mates for favors or farming cash ). So that opens up a lot of possibilities for an "advanced" archer character.

Regarding the whole Strength vs. Dexterity debate, I have a question of my own:

The description of bow strength reads: "You add your Strength modifier to bow damage."

If you make DEX a damage modifier by Ninja Spy or Grace...doesn't Bow Strength still apply as in those two stack?

I haven't found any verified info on this.
    Last edited by Gnarkh; 09-23-2013 at 03:14 AM.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarkh View Post
    (1) Empower Heal has a minimum requirement of 8 ranger levels (just learned that the hard way )

(2) It's missing Improved Precise Shot.
    Well, at least now he knows what to trade Emp Heal for.
    (3) Optionally, Precision can be taken as a monk feat, which might open up another feat (like grandmastering forms), as I'd argue the usefulness of Stunning Fist without a full focus on wisdom. Which might be a question of focus generally, as I'd not try to build for both melee and ranged anyways on a starter toon.
    Depends which stance(s) he plans to use. If this is purely an Earth-stance monk for +1 crit multiplier, then Master is good enough, since GM Earth only adds a bit of PRR & threat amp, IIRC; OTOH, if he wants to use Wind as well, GM Wind is a good idea for extra doublestrike.
    While Wisdom is nice for 10k (and well, stunning fist), I guess it's adding the least to an archer build and is the best spot to save some build points here on an early life.
    It looks like WIS 40 would add +50% to ranged DPS if I'm following this thread correctly. For a full-time ranged monkcher, that seems to provide the most bang-for-the-buck, stat-wise. Also hitting base WIS 23 like Chai's build does means he could take Vorpal Strikes as an epic feat if he wanted to boost melee a bit more.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Encair View Post

Those ~ 3.5k hits are resisted crits, regular crits are ~ 10k, 19-20 are 15 - 18k.
    Kaboom !
    It it possible to post your build? I have been troubling myself for an archer build for quite some time now and i just cant figure how to set it up properly. so far (with 1 tr) its full dex/grace AA with a splash of dws.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456