Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebris-Niatellim View Post
    Alignment dosent matter, and I don't care if its pure or multi classing, so long as its fun, viable and useful (and hopefully does what I posted above). Dosent have to be optimal (although being as optimal as it can is nice ^_^).

The only problem I have with multi class is people always recommend p2p classes.

btw just to reiterate, i'm an elf.

Thank you for your help ^_^.
    I meant what is your current alignment since that cannot be changed in an LR.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfhild View Post
    I meant what is your current alignment since that cannot be changed in an LR.
    ohhh daaaam. Brb I'll get on and check.

Lawful Neutral

Lawful Neutral
    Is this problematic?

Community Member

Is this problematic?
    Nope was just pondering a splash but no big deal.
    Ok, here is my suggestion and you and others feel free to criticize and question.

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.16.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 20 Lawful Neutral Elf Male
    (4 Fighter \ 16 Ranger) 
    Hit Points: 310
    Spell Points: 200 
    BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
    Fortitude: 19
    Reflex: 17
    Will: 6

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (28 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 20)
    Strength             10                    12
    Dexterity            18                    22
    Constitution         16                    21
    Intelligence          8                     8
    Wisdom                8                    10
    Charisma              8                     8

Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Strength used at level 20
    +2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 20
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 20
    +2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 20

Level 1 (Ranger)
    Skill: Balance (+1)
    Skill: Heal (+4)
    Skill: Hide (+4)
    Skill: Move Silently (+4)
    Skill: Spot (+4)
    Skill: Tumble (+1)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Undead
    Feat: (Selected) Least Dragonmark of Shadow
    Feat: (Automatic) Bow Strength

Level 2 (Ranger)
    Skill: Balance (+0.5)
    Skill: Heal (+1)
    Skill: Hide (+1)
    Skill: Move Silently (+1)
    Skill: Spot (+1)
    Feat: (Automatic) Rapid Shot
    Feat: (Automatic) Two Weapon Fighting

Level 3 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Weapon Finesse
    Feat: (Automatic) Diehard

Level 4 (Ranger)
    Ability Raise: CON
    Feat: (Automatic) Precise Shot

Level 5 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Giant
    Feat: (Automatic) Archer's Focus

Level 6 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot
    Feat: (Automatic) Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    Feat: (Automatic) Manyshot

Level 7 (Ranger)

Level 8 (Ranger)

Level 9 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
    Feat: (Automatic) Evasion

Level 10 (Fighter)
    Skill: Heal (+0.5)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons

Level 11 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons

Level 12 (Ranger)
    Skill: Heal (+2)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 13 (Ranger)
    Skill: Hide (+2)
    Feat: (Automatic) Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    Feat: (Automatic) Improved Precise Shot

Level 14 (Fighter)

Level 15 (Fighter)
    Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Dodge
    Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons

Level 16 (Ranger)
    Ability Raise: DEX
    Skill: Heal (+2)

Level 17 (Ranger)
    Skill: Move Silently (+2)

Level 18 (Ranger)
    Skill: Spot (+2)
    Feat: (Selected) Weapon Specialization: Ranged Weapons

Level 19 (Ranger)
    Skill: Move Silently (+2)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Aberration

Level 20 (Ranger)
    Skill: Spot (+3)
    L21 Feat is Combat Archery
    L24 is Epic Toughness and Stat level up in DEX
    you will need to get the +2 Con and +1 DEX tomes before taking the two Epic feats.

I am assuming you have 32 AP currently to spend.

18AP in Elven Racial

2AP Elven Accuracyx2
    2AP Elven Dexterity
    1AP Dragonmark Focus x1
    2AP Lesser Dragonmark
    2AP Greater Dragonmark
    8AP Elven Weap Training X4 in Longbow/Rapier/Longsword
    1AP Grace

6AP in DWS

1AP Far Shot DWS T1 Core
    3AP Increased Empathy x3
    1AP Versatile Empathy x1
    1AP Improved Weapon Finesse

7AP in AA
    1AP AA Core T1
    2AP Conjure Arrows
    2AP Energy of the Wild x2
    2AP Force Arrows x1

That would be your current AP expenditure with 1 AP left over.
    What I suggest for later levels is the following
    The 18AP in Elven

32 AP in AA
    4AP L1 to L12 AA cores
    2AP Conjure Arrows
    3AP Energy of the Wildx3
    2AP Force Arrows x1
    6AP Dispelling Shot x3
    2AP Terror Arrows x1
    1AP Soul Magic
    2AP +1 DEX
    2AP Paralysing Arrows x1
    6AP in either of Inferno or Shattermantle Shot x3
    2AP Arrow of Slaying

14 AP in DWS
    3AP in DWS Cores L1 to L6
    3AP Increased Empathy x3
    1AP Versatile Empathy x2
    1AP Improved Weapon Finesse
    6AP Action Boost Damage x3 OR

This leave 16AP for you to spend.
    I would consider getting some of the dodge/reflex stuff from Kensai and/or Tempest.
    If you need more spellpoints go Moonbow.
    Also all four trees allow DEX stat upgrades and you would also have one still available in Elven Racial.
    It goes without saying this is a Longbow/Rapier build, but also make sure to pick up a set of Light Maces.
    You absolutely need +STR and +WIS gear (the best you can find) in addition to DEX and CON.

Just curious since I've never had a fighter splash, what exactly does those levels of fighter offer?

In addition wouldn't it be a good idea to get Feywild tap? (gives incorporeal to top off on the concealment bonus as well as bonus mana) but that might be using a lot of AP...

Also is elven grace really needed? I love dex, dump strength builds, but only problem is I don't see taking deepwood archer capstone anywhere (is it not worth taking? It sounds really good) and getting eleven grace costs ALOT of AP that subtracts from other trees. So just wondering the pros, cons and reasoning behind taking elven grace.

Community Member

Just curious since I've never had a fighter splash, what exactly does those levels of fighter offer?

In addition wouldn't it be a good idea to get Feywild tap? (gives incorporeal to top off on the concealment bonus as well as bonus mana) but that might be using a lot of AP...

Also is elven grace really needed? I love dex, dump strength builds, but only problem is I don't see taking deepwood archer capstone anywhere (is it not worth taking? It sounds really good) and getting eleven grace costs ALOT of AP that subtracts from other trees. So just wondering the pros, cons and reasoning behind taking elven grace.
    4 levels of Fighter offer 3 bonus feats. It also offers access to the Kensai tree which does have some nice low hanging fruit.
    Without Elven Grace, you will not get DEX to damage with bows or rapiers. Without DEX to damage on a STR dumped build, you will find your ability to kill mobs becoming severely hindered as you level. Your Ranged and Melee damaged will be SEVERELY gimped on a build which is not optimal to begin with.
    The build assumes you are taking the AA capstone not the DWS one. Elven grace is expensive but you mentioned you wanted Dragonmarks and the other APs invested there are + to ranged hit, +1 DEX, and +1 dam to bows and rapiers. 4 Tiers of +1 hit/dam to bows and rapiers is basically +8 DEX without the saves and AC. As for Feywild, I do not believe it worth the AP investment for 10% incorp. If you can reach L16 by late October, you can get a L16 Cloak of Night which has Ghostly as does the T2 L20 Stalker ring.

Thank you for explaining ^_^ .

And I reread the arcane archer capstone again, my distaste for it has lessened. I thought for a while that it was basically a +2 dex with 10% Double shot, which was distasteful since double shot proc gets debuffed past the point of no use every time I use multishot. But then I realized that the main part of the skill was how it kept the previous imbuement for 30 seconds meaning you can have for example paralyzing arrows on then switch the imbue stance to force, and for 30 seconds youll be hitting paralyzing force arrows. If I'm reading this correctly.

Sounds pretty decent.

Also the main reason why I mentioned Feywild tap was for the extra SP it gives since I vaguely remember someone mentioning something about SP shortage problems when rapidly using DwS and AA skills in rotation while waiting for multishot. So is moonbow and other enhancements in the AA tree good enough to allow decent SP management?

Community Member

Thank you for explaining ^_^ .

And I reread the arcane archer capstone again, my distaste for it has lessened. I thought for a while that it was basically a +2 dex with 10% Double shot, which was distasteful since double shot proc gets debuffed past the point of no use every time I use multishot. But then I realized that the main part of the skill was how it kept the previous imbuement for 30 seconds meaning you can have for example paralyzing arrows on then switch the imbue stance to force, and for 30 seconds youll be hitting paralyzing force arrows. If I'm reading this correctly.

Sounds pretty decent.
    Sorry I was not referring to the AA capstone. I thought you meant the ML5 abilities, which you can only access in 1 tree. The L20 DWS Core is nice. The L6 DWS core is better. If you are going 32AP in AA and 18 in Elf, you cannot get the DWS L20 Capstone. As for AA Capstone, not sure if imbue dancing would work but it would be an interesting idea but also a spellpoint hog.

Sorry I was not referring to the AA capstone. I thought you meant the ML5 abilities, which you can only access in 1 tree. The L20 DWS Core is nice. The L6 DWS core is better. If you are going 32AP in AA and 18 in Elf, you cannot get the DWS L20 Capstone. As for AA Capstone, not sure if imbue dancing would work but it would be an interesting idea but also a spellpoint hog.
    Imbue dancing, sounds like a cool term. I'll try it out, probably will run into the spell point problem but as long as its manageable I think itll be fine...I hope.

BTW are the shadow marks worth it? Correction not worth it (since theyre probably not optimal) but are they a total waste or are their benefits useful enough? Stylistically they're nice but in your honest opinion are they are waste of AP or useful in certain situations? Since being able to cast displacement is really nice and the +2 hide with invisibility will allow some sneaking etc.

So after rebuilding 8 of the 18 archer toons .... I can honestly say you are still better going STR based.

I have yet to find a way to get my DEX score as high as STR in the higher levels.

Maybe ( maybe ) as a pure ranger grace is a viable option and my 23rd lvl elf pure ranger AA is actually doing better than she was pre U19 with the use of grace ... BUT even with the Epic bow of Earth, I have 20th lvl archer cross class toons doing more DPS.

There are just way too many enhancements that boost STR .... Not to mention if you are going with a couple lvls of ranger in your build you are gaining 3 free ranged feats regardless.

Don't ignore the DEX based Combat Archery as it is now fixed BUT more importantly the STR based Overwhelming Critical is devastating ( even though it involves a couple non ranged feats to get it ... It's well worth the investment )

Do not ... DO NOT waste the feats mobility and dodge to gain shot on the run as it is bugged ..... Honestly unless you are killing mobs you are better off standing in the precise shot stance than improved precise shot for the extra damage.

Geez there is so much I can tell you about archers post U19 BUT the wife need the iPad back !

Good luck with your builds

4 levels of Fighter offer 3 bonus feats. It also offers access to the Kensai tree which does have some nice low hanging fruit.
    Without Elven Grace, you will not get DEX to damage with bows or rapiers. Without DEX to damage on a STR dumped build, you will find your ability to kill mobs becoming severely hindered as you level. Your Ranged and Melee damaged will be SEVERELY gimped on a build which is not optimal to begin with.
    The build assumes you are taking the AA capstone not the DWS one. Elven grace is expensive but you mentioned you wanted Dragonmarks and the other APs invested there are + to ranged hit, +1 DEX, and +1 dam to bows and rapiers. 4 Tiers of +1 hit/dam to bows and rapiers is basically +8 DEX without the saves and AC. As for Feywild, I do not believe it worth the AP investment for 10% incorp. If you can reach L16 by late October, you can get a L16 Cloak of Night which has Ghostly as does the T2 L20 Stalker ring.
    Also what enhancements for Kensei are notable? I've never done fighter or a splash of it, so I can't really judge what would be good enhancement distributions for that tree?

Quote Originally Posted by 96th_Malice View Post
    So after rebuilding 8 of the 18 archer toons .... I can honestly say you are still better going STR based.

I have yet to find a way to get my DEX score as high as STR in the higher levels.

Maybe ( maybe ) as a pure ranger grace is a viable option and my 23rd lvl elf pure ranger AA is actually doing better than she was pre U19 with the use of grace ... BUT even with the Epic bow of Earth, I have 20th lvl archer cross class toons doing more DPS.

There are just way too many enhancements that boost STR .... Not to mention if you are going with a couple lvls of ranger in your build you are gaining 3 free ranged feats regardless.

Don't ignore the DEX based Combat Archery as it is now fixed BUT more importantly the STR based Overwhelming Critical is devastating ( even though it involves a couple non ranged feats to get it ... It's well worth the investment )

Do not ... DO NOT waste the feats mobility and dodge to gain shot on the run as it is bugged ..... Honestly unless you are killing mobs you are better off standing in the precise shot stance than improved precise shot for the extra damage.

Geez there is so much I can tell you about archers post U19 BUT the wife need the iPad back !

Good luck with your builds
    I'm open to str builds as well. I'm pretty clueless so any advice is useful, and I can't lesser reincarnate until tomorrow so the more discussion and planning I can hear here will lessen the possibnility that I will regret when I actually play my reincarnated character.

I'm under the impression tho that grace was taken to utilize the ap investment that investing in dragonmarks gives? I'm forgetful why was it a grace dex build again? Will re-read prev comments whne I get back, sorry im in a hurry right now to leave so can't think straight XD.

I'm open to str builds as well. I'm pretty clueless so any advice is useful, and I can't lesser reincarnate until tomorrow so the more discussion and planning I can hear here will lessen the possibnility that I will regret when I actually play my reincarnated character.

I'm under the impression tho that grace was taken to utilize the ap investment that investing in dragonmarks gives? I'm forgetful why was it a grace dex build again? Will re-read prev comments whne I get back, sorry im in a hurry right now to leave so can't think straight XD.
    Hmmm if I knew how to post builds I would help you out for sure .... Other than my 10k archer build all of the toons were created on my own trying to achieve different things. For sure there are close builds that people have created and posted here that some will say .... Ahhhh that's the xxxxx build. NO IDEA hehe

The big difference between most builds on here and mine is that most of the others here are smart and make their toons melee viable as well while manyshot or 10k stars is on cool down.

Me ..... Nope ..... Stubborn ..... No melee, I play my archers the same way as I used to in PnP ... All ranged all the time

When it comes down to it .... It's really about what you want out of the toon. Although when joining groups or raids you may be asked a lot of " what are you doing with that build " questions.

There are not a lot of new builds posted here yet as at it seems most of the old builds are still somewhat decent and not to mention U19 is still pretty new.

If I can't figure out how to post builds here now ... Feel free to shoot me a message here in the forums or if you happen to be on khyber you can contact any of the toons below .... 90% of the time I am on one of those characters.

OR I have most of these toons on the other servers as well ... Just 1st lvl but I can at least talk to you over the microphone rather than typing ...MUCH EASIER !

Have a good afternoon

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

1. Dragonmark of Shadow coupled with deepwood enhancements to add a sneaky shadowy touch
    2. Deepwood and Arcane Archer skills to fill in the time between multi shot.
    3. Mostly range but using melee occasionally is fine too.
    Funny you should mention it, because I've been experimenting with DEX-based elf rgr options...
    Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.16.01
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

Level 25 True Neutral Elf Female
    (20 Ranger \ 5 Epic) 
    Hit Points: 280
    Spell Points: 260 
    BAB: 20\20\25\30\30
    Fortitude: 14
    Reflex: 19
    Will: 5

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
    Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
    (28 Point)       (Level 1)             (Level 25)
    Strength             13                    13
    Dexterity            19                    25
    Constitution         14                    14
    Intelligence          8                     8
    Wisdom                8                     8
    Charisma              8                     8

Level 1 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Undead
    Feat: (Selected) Least Dragonmark of Shadow

Level 2 (Ranger)

Level 3 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Point Blank Shot

Level 4 (Ranger)

Level 5 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Giant

Level 6 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell

Level 7 (Ranger)

Level 8 (Ranger)

Level 9 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons

Level 10 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider

Level 11 (Ranger)

Level 12 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Precision

Level 13 (Ranger)

Level 14 (Ranger)

Level 15 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Aberration (or Construct)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Piercing Weapons

Level 16 (Ranger)

Level 17 (Ranger)

Level 18 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Power Attack

Level 19 (Ranger)

Level 20 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Elf

Level 21 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell

Level 22 (Ranger)

Level 23 (Ranger)

Level 24 (Ranger)
    Feat: (Selected) Combat Archery

Level 25 (Ranger)
    Elf (19 APs)
    Accuracy 1 (1 AP)
    Aerenal Training 1 (2 AP)
    Dragonmark Focus x3 (3 AP)
    Lesser DM (2 AP)
    Aerenal Training 2 (2 AP)
    Greater DM (2 AP)
    Aerenal Training 3 (2 AP)
    Child of Nature (1 AP - filler)
    Aerenal Training 4 (2 AP)
    Grace (1 AP)
    Skill (1 AP)

Arcane Archer (41 APs)
    Arcane Archer (1 AP)
    Conjure Arrows (2 AP)
    Elemental Arrows 1 (2 AP)
    Morphic Arrows (1 AP)
    Energy of the Wild x3 (3 AP)
    Elemental Arrows 2 (2 AP)
    Metalline Arrows (1 AP)
    Inferno Shot x3 (6 AP)
    Elemental Arrows 3 (2 AP)
    Aligned Arrows (1 AP)
    Terror Arrows (2 AP)
    Soul Magic (1 AP)
    Paralyzing Arrows (2 AP)
    Elemental Arrows 4 (2 AP)
    Banishing Arrows (1 AP)
    Smiting Arrows (1 AP)
    Shadow Arrows (1 AP)
    Moonbow (2 AP)
    Slaying Arrow (2 AP)
    Imp Elemental Arrows (1 AP)
    Dispelling Shot (2 AP - filler)
    Master of Imbuement (1 AP)

Deepwood Sniper (11 APs)
    Far Shot (1 AP)
    Inc Empathy x3 (3 AP)
    Versatile Empathy x2 (2 AP)
    Sneak Atk 1 (1 AP)
    Dmg Boost x3 (3 AP)
    Sniper Shot (1 AP)

Tempest (9 APs)
    Shield of Whirling Steel (1 AP)
    Whirling Blades 1 (2 AP)
    Improved Defense 1 (2 AP - filler)
    Tempest (1 AP)
    Haste Boost x3 (3 AP)

Primarily ranged-focused; cycles thru Inferno Shot and Sniper Shot while MS is on cooldown. Between EotW 3 (which adds Magical Training), Soul Magic, and Moonbow, shouldn't run out of SPs (knock on wood). I debated skipping Tempest entirely to put more pts into DWS (e.g., Aimed Shot, Stealthy x3 for +1d6 SA); but I wanted Haste Boost and +10% offhand procs. Shadow DMs provide Invisibility and Displacement. DWS Empathy provides +75 Positive spellpower; Emp Heal is mostly to pick up w/Rejuvenation Cocoon.

To be clear, I think going STR-based is still the sensible thing to do; too many ways to boost STR instead of DEX and too many pts spent into elven racial tree just to get Grace (which are better spent on rgr enhs). Heck, for that matter I'm inclined to think halfling or HEs w/rog dilly make better rgrs than elves, just for the extra sneak atk dmg which stacks w/DWS. But I am nothing if not committed to my gimpy flavor builds.
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    To be clear, I think going STR-based is still the sensible thing to do; too many ways to boost STR instead of DEX and too many pts spent into elven racial tree just to get Grace (which are better spent on rgr enhs). Heck, for that matter I'm inclined to think halfling or HEs w/rog dilly make better rgrs than elves, just for the extra sneak atk dmg which stacks w/DWS. But I am nothing if not committed to my gimpy flavor builds.
    The points spent in Elven grace are not entirely wasted. +4 hit/damage is equal to +8 STR or DEX (depending on build). And the OP was interested in Dragonmarks. I think the thing to keep in mind is that the OP is a 28pt character who is from his or her other posts, is currently farming favour. So he is not going to have the gear we come to expect from a TR'ed toon or someone who can craft for alts or pass BtA items via the shared bank. I think we need to realize he will be doing quests on heroic normal and heroic hard. In that content, it is easy to make Evasion a VERY worthwhile investment on a DEX based build. As for STR>DEX, yes I agree this is true for a VIP/Premium TR'ed toon. But he is not going to have Primal Scream or Titan's Grip etc. He also is not going to have a Minos Legens and GS HP item waiting for him at L11. I think he needs to max CON to 16.
    To the OP:
    Download the following PDF: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1XE...I1ZEtaaFk/edit
    You can see the Kensai enhancements there. As I mentioned, there is some very nice low hanging fruit you can get for a 12 AP investment including a +30 Haste boost for 3 AP instead of 6 AP in Tempest. Though the DWS damage boost and Kensai Haste Boost cannot be used concurrently, if you purchase them both, you do get 10 charges of damage enhancing boosts that can be used sequentially. If you make sure to always use them, it is not a bad investment to get both. If you are not a clickie person, only get one.

The points spent in Elven grace are not entirely wasted. +4 hit/damage is equal to +8 STR or DEX (depending on build). And the OP was interested in Dragonmarks. I think the thing to keep in mind is that the OP is a 28pt character who is from his or her other posts, is currently farming favour. So he is not going to have the gear we come to expect from a TR'ed toon or someone who can craft for alts or pass BtA items via the shared bank. I think we need to realize he will be doing quests on heroic normal and heroic hard. In that content, it is easy to make Evasion a VERY worthwhile investment on a DEX based build. As for STR>DEX, yes I agree this is true for a VIP/Premium TR'ed toon. But he is not going to have Primal Scream or Titan's Grip etc. He also is not going to have a Minos Legens and GS HP item waiting for him at L11. I think he needs to max CON to 16.
    To the OP:
    Download the following PDF: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1XE...I1ZEtaaFk/edit
    You can see the Kensai enhancements there. As I mentioned, there is some very nice low hanging fruit you can get for a 12 AP investment including a +30 Haste boost for 3 AP instead of 6 AP in Tempest. Though the DWS damage boost and Kensai Haste Boost cannot be used concurrently, if you purchase them both, you do get 10 charges of damage enhancing boosts that can be used sequentially. If you make sure to always use them, it is not a bad investment to get both. If you are not a clickie person, only get one.
    Your spot on, on analyzing my current situation ^_^. My current plan of action is probably focusing on getting my ranger to lvl 20 for TR (of course if it gets too gimped it'll never reach that far D. And play on my lvl 7 sorcerer with my friends, and try to get my lvl 6 int rogue as high as I can. I might get VIP in the future but that's months from now

But yeah, am I right in assuming that a dex based archer is now best for people not loaded on gear? Since I noticed a lot of the high end gear are in p2p quests. I just don't want to feel gimped shooting arrows that do like 30 dmg at lvl 9 T_T.

Community Member

Your spot on, on analyzing my current situation ^_^. My current plan of action is probably focusing on getting my ranger to lvl 20 for TR (of course if it gets too gimped it'll never reach that far D. And play on my lvl 7 sorcerer with my friends, and try to get my lvl 6 int rogue as high as I can. I might get VIP in the future but that's months from now

But yeah, am I right in assuming that a dex based archer is now best for people not loaded on gear? Since I noticed a lot of the high end gear are in p2p quests. I just don't want to feel gimped shooting arrows that do like 30 dmg at lvl 9 T_T.
    Being DEX based means you will have better Evasion which is important for the content you will be running. You will have DPS since the items which buff STR>DEX are found in P2P content. As for going VIP, I would say no. Rather wait for the following to go on sale:
    http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58516100
    The MOTU Standard edition is a terrific value for the new DDO player compared to other offers.

Being DEX based means you will have better Evasion which is important for the content you will be running. You will have DPS since the items which buff STR>DEX are found in P2P content. As for going VIP, I would say no. Rather wait for the following to go on sale:
    http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58516100
    The MOTU Standard edition is a terrific value for the new DDO player compared to other offers.
    Okay I went with your build, but for skills I took off 2 from hide and move silently to max UMD. Not gamebreaking but I feel like I probably need UMD and now that much hide and move silently since its a dex build In the first place, so good stat mods.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast