Community Member

Default Arrow of Slaying is now ka ka?

I knew that slaying arrows were going to be changed to a set damage amount of 250 per, from the 500 on vorpal as previous. What I didnt expect is that it isnow just one arrow of slaying....one...uno - not 2 0r 3 or some set timer amount. Nope, just one. So, 2 action points, a tier 5 ability, and 20 SP for a one time 250 damage? If this is WAI, I believe I will be resetting that tree very soon.
    Oh yeah, Im not super thrilled about losing my capstone either.

It was changed to 250 from 500, but also changed to work with criticals, with the base bow multiplier being x3. It typically may not end up being as potent, but it's not as dramatic as a 50% decrease .

What do you mean 'only one'? Per rest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

my understanding is... it's not a stance/buff wahtever like it was before that's on constantly, but an attack (like whistler arrow) that you need to re-click every time it comes off cooldown.

what... did it never come off cooldown?

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    It was changed to 250 from 500, but also changed to work with criticals, with the base bow multiplier being x3. It typically may not end up being as potent, but it's not as dramatic as a 50% decrease .

What do you mean 'only one'? Per rest?
    one arrow

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by katz View Post
    my understanding is... it's not a stance/buff wahtever like it was before that's on constantly, but an attack (like whistler arrow) that you need to re-click every time it comes off cooldown.

what... did it never come off cooldown?
    it came off cooldown just fine - the intent of my original post was to convey my surprise at how different it is from the previous in terms of the damage dealt, cost to use, and pre req to use. For me, I dont think it is worth slotting for 2 AP, and 20 Sp a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by JPGR View Post
    it came off cooldown just fine - the intent of my original post was to convey my surprise at how different it is from the previous in terms of the damage dealt, cost to use, and pre req to use. For me, I dont think it is worth slotting for 2 AP, and 20 Sp a pop.
    try it with manyshot + adrenaline + ips.

When its 4 arrows doing 8k each arrow, its worth it.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

I would add one more thing, slayer arrows picked up the ability to proc on all targets that are hit, whereas previously they only proc'd on one target regardless. When the stars align, it's pretty.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aliss7 View Post
    I would add one more thing, slayer arrows picked up the ability to proc on all targets that are hit, whereas previously they only proc'd on one target regardless. When the stars align, it's pretty.
    So it's a net "win" then. If it multiplies on crit and adrenaline and can hit multiple targets it's tough to imagine this will be a net loss in DPS.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatneil View Post
    Could you elaborate on how would you activate manyshot, adrenaline and arrow of slaying combo please?

Thank you.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    Could you elaborate on how would you activate manyshot, adrenaline and arrow of slaying combo please?

Thank you.
    Can't you literally just press those buttons in that order?

Manyshot = 20 second buff begins,
    Adrenaline = 15 second buff begins,
    Arrow of Slaying = Kaboom!
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post

For even more adrenalined goodness, click a damage boost if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfhild View Post
    For even more adrenalined goodness, click a damage boost if you have one.
    wait wait!!too many buttons!!roflmao

fyi i've seen ppl using metas as combat stances...xD
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatneil View Post

maybee on an helpless target or with dmg boost.

~5,2k-6.4 is it on a normal crit and ~9,8k-11k on an helpless Target.

wit manyshot 20k+++ dmg on every target in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdefy View Post

better use Adrenaline and wait 4 seconds without attacking so that the coodown runns out use manyshot then and push Arrow of Slaying. and have Adrenaline instant rdy for a deepwood sniper shot.
    at least u can use 4 adrenalines while manyshot is active if u do it in the right combo.
    Last edited by Glascanon; 08-29-2013 at 05:18 AM.

At first I thought it was a nerf, but after adjusting my AA technique, I've found the changes to be net positive. My kill numbers are through the roof. An adrenaline + slayer arrow will normally one shot kill most any normal EH mob. Im seeing numbers from 2k to 5k damage. An Adrenaline + manyshot + slayer can reach 20k damage on mobs that can be criticaled.

The change makes rangers play more mindfully now as well. I love soloing and taking the time to sneak and line the mobs up all in in a row and with one arrow, they fall like dominoes.

And in groups, well lets just say, I like being the kill leader.

Quote Originally Posted by schelsullivan View Post

The change makes rangers play more mindfully now as well. I love soloing and taking the time to sneak and line the mobs up all in in a row and with one arrow, they fall like.
    I can't agree with you more .... As much as I like playing my archers all of these new enhancements has made playing much more enjoyable
    " Elize Ryd - Officer @ Band of Gypsys "

" Trapped in my skin - See the nexus in my dreams - But will you bury me within? "

Amaranthe - The NeXuS

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

I'm loving the change to slayer arrows, just make sure to line them up & have whatever boosts activated before firing it off, then follow up with a sniper shot. Took my AA monkcher into battle for eveningstar EH last night with some guildies, took down the bebilith then when the boss was available activated unbridled fury & manyshot then just used the slaying arrow, sniper shot & the rest of the +w attacks.. boss dropped in under 10secs then used the rest of the time left to wipe out the reinforcement mobs.
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.