Community Member

Default Weapon Meditation - am I missing something?

I took this because the description sounded great. But when I dragged it to my hotbar I discovered I can only use it twice per rest. It's not that great of an ability and with only two uses per rest it is basically a waste of APs. The limited use is not mentioned on the description, either. Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

Its a stance not a clickie.
    so once you activate it with your centered weapon there is no reason to deactivate it.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

It doesn't behave like a stance. There's no marquee going around it, it has charge numbers, and it currently says I can't use it because I don't have enough charges.

Community Member

Anyone know what the deal is here?

It may be a hidden "gotcha." Pallies have one as well:

Holy Retribution, tier 5 KotC melee attack that does 5[W] and has a short cooldown. Also does a special proc, but only if the mob has <1k hp and it grants a fort save so essentially the proc is useless, but who cares? 5[W] melee attack, woot!

The hidden gotcha is that it uses turn undeads, so you only get a tiny handful per shrine and it competes with divine might for your turns.

So a great ability on paper turned out to be completely worthless thanks to no mention of the hidden gotcha. It wouldn't surprise me at all if weapon meditation was similarly worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post

Holy Retribution, tier 5 KotC melee attack that does 5[W] and has a short cooldown. Also does a special proc, but only if the mob has <1k hp and it grants a fort save so essentially the proc is useless, but who cares? 5[W] melee attack, woot!

The hidden gotcha is that it uses turn undeads, so you only get a tiny handful per shrine and it competes with divine might for your turns.

So a great ability on paper turned out to be completely worthless thanks to no mention of the hidden gotcha. It wouldn't surprise me at all if weapon meditation was similarly worthless.
    ouch maybe the weapon meditation uses up your action boosts like how that pally ability drains turn undead? Ouch!!!

Community Member

Thanks. At least you get quite a few turns though.. I can't figure out where the "2" is coming from here, and the number is so low that I'm thinking of getting rid of that entire branch of the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Thanks. At least you get quite a few turns though.. I can't figure out where the "2" is coming from here, and the number is so low that I'm thinking of getting rid of that entire branch of the tree.
    That's the same number of meditations/rest that monks get, so it could just be 2/rest and WAI. Gotcha! heh.

(Agreed on pallies get a bunch of turns, though my hotd pre-U19 had 22 turns; post-U19 he's down to 11. But I only ever used/will use them for divine might, which now lasts 2:00 instead of 1:00 so it's break even for me.)

Community Member

Ack, that's like nature's warrior's alpha strike that uses wild empathy. What were they thinking with those abilities. It amounts to maybe a few hundred damage *per rest* on a capped toon. That's beyond awful. And as teir 5? That's suppose to compare to things like +1 crit range and assassinate?

All in all I'm a big fan of the new enhancements system, but there are some abilities and trees that are desperately in need of some tweaking.
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

equip you weapon of focus. hit the button and you will sit for around 20 seconds. now pull up you weapon window and look at it. you sill see weapon mediation x10 with a 10 sec counter. you can watch it tick one tick every 10 secs. so basically you can sit and rest to make your weapon focus +10 and ticking down for a brief time. just figured out how to do this about 10 minutes ago.

Community Member

Thanks. I did figure that out as well.. but I'm not sure it's worth that many AP for an ability I can use only twice per rest and fades pretty quickly. The items above it in the branch are also just good, not great. so I may lop off that entire limb and use the points elsewhere.

I mainly envisioned using it in parts 4 & 5 of shroud while the rest of the party was killing stuff to call Harry. That's when I realized: "Shroud? I'm going to spend AP on something for Shroud?!" and decided to just bail on it entirely.

The core ability that refills it would be nice but it only restores as much of a stack as you have core abilities. So, meh.

Community Member

Yeah, and it's only on a vorpal. Wow, +1 bonus for 18 seconds every 20 swings.

The ones above it in the branch are okay, but the top one again you can only do a few times. Frankly, there are better things at tier 2 in the rogue assassin line. In fact, I think the rogue line may do more to boost my DPS than a lot of stuff in the kensai tree.

That's the same number of meditations/rest that monks get, so it could just be 2/rest and WAI. Gotcha! heh.

(Agreed on pallies get a bunch of turns, though my hotd pre-U19 had 22 turns; post-U19 he's down to 11. But I only ever used/will use them for divine might, which now lasts 2:00 instead of 1:00 so it's break even for me.)
    Did you lose smites as well? even when I twisted in the US endless smites I seemed way down on the number of smites I normally had.