Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default What does “Deals +1[W] damage.” mean?

    The descriptions for A Thousand Cuts and Dance of Death both state: “Melee Dual Wielding Attack: Deals +1 [W] damage.” Am I correct in guessing that this means I gain additional base weapon die or dice worth of damage? Frex, if my weapon does d8 damage, then another d8 is rolled. If my weapon does 2d4 damage then another 2d4 is rolled? And, obviously, this only means base weapon damage, not effects such as Greater Bane, Flaming etc, right.

    Also, of the three Tier 5’s in the Tempest tree, which is the best? I’m leaning towards A Thousand Cuts, because it seems more useful against bosses.

  2. #2
    Community Member Stoner81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gate-keeper View Post
    Am I correct in guessing that this means I gain additional base weapon die or dice worth of damage? Frex, if my weapon does d8 damage, then another d8 is rolled. If my weapon does 2d4 damage then another 2d4 is rolled?
    Correct.

    Stoner81.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gate-keeper View Post
    Also, of the three Tier 5’s in the Tempest tree, which is the best? I’m leaning towards A Thousand Cuts, because it seems more useful against bosses.
    You can take them both. (Definitely take improved evasion.)

    I personally view those tier 5 melee attacks as largely pointless due to the incredibly long cooldowns. (1 minute and 2 minutes are both way, way, way too long for a melee ability. I can barely tolerate the incredibly long cooldown of the stunning blow feat, and that's 15 seconds.)

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    You can take them both. (Definitely take improved evasion.)

    I personally view those tier 5 melee attacks as largely pointless due to the incredibly long cooldowns. (1 minute and 2 minutes are both way, way, way too long for a melee ability. I can barely tolerate the incredibly long cooldown of the stunning blow feat, and that's 15 seconds.)
    I disagree....1m cooldown on the AOE skill isn't that restrictive, you'd only use it when you're starting a big pull vs 3+ mobs anyway. And the other one with the 2m cooldown (and its T4 prereq) are really single-target skills, I use them like 'action boosts' vs tough mobs, bosses etc., and you're not finding those more than once every 2m anyway.

    90% doublestrike, +10 dmg, with Human 20% Dmg boost and 30% Haste boost REALLY boost your short term DPS output vs bosses, when you need it the most.

  5. #5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload