Community Member

Default No +3 to +5 tome upgrade?

So I have a character who bought a +3 supreme ability tome a year ago. I find it a little off-putting that buying the upgrade from 3>4 and then 4>5 costs more than just buying a +5 supreme tome. Any chance a +3>+5 item might be available sometime?

Default So....

Quote Originally Posted by phillipsjr1 View Post
    So I have a character who bought a +3 supreme ability tome a year ago. I find it a little off-putting that buying the upgrade from 3>4 and then 4>5 costs more than just buying a +5 supreme tome. Any chance a +3>+5 item might be available sometime?
    I find it also offensive that a supreme +1 tome is 1495 and to push your supreme +1 to +2 was 1295, and then the +2 to +3 was 1995.

Wait no i don't find this offensive at all. What are you trying to complain about here? If you went store only it would of cost you 4785 points and going from 3 to 5 costs you 5990. Really this seems fair to me.

Bowserkoopa,

Patiently waiting for the admin tome of supreme ability to be sold in the DDO Store which grants you the much coveted "I win" button.

Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    I find it also offensive that a supreme +1 tome is 1495 and to push your supreme +1 to +2 was 1295, and then the +2 to +3 was 1995.

Wait no i don't find this offensive at all. What are you trying to complain about here? If you went store only it would of cost you 4785 points and going from 3 to 5 costs you 5990. Really this seems fair to me.

Bowserkoopa,

Patiently waiting for the admin tome of supreme ability to be sold in the DDO Store which grants you the much coveted "I win" button.
    I can see your logic with the +1 to +2 to +3 argument, but my only real question is why are you using the word "offensive?"

Default Because it sounds better than

Quote Originally Posted by phillipsjr1 View Post
    I can see your logic with the +1 to +2 to +3 argument, but my only real question is why are you using the word "offensive?"
    It sounds better than Defensive at this point as defense doesn't work in the game. But I am not sure other than to say they don't offer a 1 to 3 or a 2 to 4 or anything else so while it would be neat i think it is fair that you actually have to have a set of +4's to go from 3 to 5.

Also I find something reprehensible that I don't know what it is and I'm sure I'll find out what it is later.

Bowserkoopa,

New in the ddo store +21 hearts of wood change your epic level to another equally generic epic level.

Keeper of Keenbean's Heart

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vyrtigo View Post
    It sounds better than Defensive at this point as defense doesn't work in the game. But I am not sure other than to say they don't offer a 1 to 3 or a 2 to 4 or anything else so while it would be neat i think it is fair that you actually have to have a set of +4's to go from 3 to 5.

Also I find something reprehensible that I don't know what it is and I'm sure I'll find out what it is later.

Bowserkoopa,

New in the ddo store +21 hearts of wood change your epic level to another equally generic epic level.
    It's simply the sunk cost that is a little bit irksome. The +4 to +5 is nice to appease those who have a +4, but the sting of having "wasted" a +3 supreme tome is a little much. As a complete aside is there a way for me to gift a +5 tome of supreme ability to a friend I'd like to surprise with one with TP I currently have?

You can say the exact same thing about upgrading from a +2 to a +4... They've never had an upgrade tome that gave you more than a level...

I don't really understand your issue.

If you don't like the cost, go earn the +5's in game...

Community Member TheLegendOfAra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapi View Post
    I don't really understand your issue.

If you don't like the cost, go earn the +5's in game...
    This has always been my thoughts on tomes. It has always been cheaper to buy/farm them in game than it is to buy them off the DDOstore.
    It baffles me that people waste TP on Stat tomes.
    Araphina Skycrow - 15Paladin/3Ranger/2Fighter (Life 8/25) 5xRanger, 3xPaladin
    Araphell - Arasin - Arathaes - Arawyn - Aravein
    Guild: Fors Fortis;Guild of Won, & VENOM @ Argo
    "And we learn, as we age; We've learned nothing! And my body still aches."

Community Member

I believe the OP's issue is that it costs less to buy a full +5 supreme tome than it does to buy +3 -> +4 AND +4 -> +5 supreme upgrade tomes, thus rendering the +3 supreme tome effectively a waste of TP.

Consider, however, that part of the price of the +3 supreme tome is the convenience of using it a lower level. It would have been far more cost effective to wait until your character was at a high enough level to read the +5, thereby having all the goodies for the one cost. Then again, you wouldn't have had the extra 1 or 2 skill points per level from the +3 Int (inherent) for all those levels. It balances out, overall.
    Last edited by Tscheuss; 08-19-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Your ticked off!?

My repeated suggestions of selling the shard and sword of shadow in the store have once again gone unheard!!
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.