Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monk RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Arnez View Post
    I actually waited on redoing the enhancements on my monk (mostly cause it looked complicated and stuff)

And now I'm gonna have to agree with the whole "Why did you nerf my Monk" business.

I mean seriously- ALL 4 Ultimate stances as automatic feats?!?!?
    That leaves me with like 22 AP points that I'm supposed to spend or else that little bothersome note pops up about how many points I have left. AND Now I've spent as many as possible and STILL can't seem to use them up.

Darn you "17 points left" notice, you are going to force my hand and make me spend it on those dragonmarks aren't you?
    Well played, Well played.

(also /sarcasm - for the OP- just in case he's he thinks this is legit)

The elemental feat stances are automatic? I don't have them on my 24 monk, I guess I need to LR to get them? thought they were actually going to cost me 3 feats.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arnez View Post
    I actually waited on redoing the enhancements on my monk (mostly cause it looked complicated and stuff)

And now I'm gonna have to agree with the whole "Why did you nerf my Monk" business.

I mean seriously- ALL 4 Ultimate stances as automatic feats?!?!?
    That leaves me with like 22 AP points that I'm supposed to spend or else that little bothersome note pops up about how many points I have left. AND Now I've spent as many as possible and STILL can't seem to use them up.

Darn you "17 points left" notice, you are going to force my hand and make me spend it on those dragonmarks aren't you?
    Well played, Well played.

(also /sarcasm - for the OP- just in case he's he thinks this is legit)
    Can I haz your extra points? After spending stuff in Shintao, Ninja and a bit into Henshin, there's still some nice stuff left and I'm all out of points.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    I am still a little lost on the changes, but does anyone have a zuber monk/kensai splash? I have an ESos and would like to make good use with the splash build, but as I said I am unsure with this new stuff and I have terrible searchfu.
    8 levels of fighter allows you to use your kensai weapons while centered. Splash to taste. The splash will probably be based on what past life you want. I also think two druid may be a nice splash on top. Gives rams might + access to all three levels of vengeful hunter. So, if you want fighter past life, 9/9/2 if you want monk past life, 10/8/2.

After reading about all this monk-ly greatness I have a quarter-chub and can't wait to log onto my monk and enforce my will upon the unsuspecting masses. Fear me.
    Thelanis: Rogosh, Dhragkar, Dhrakian, Meridion, Maherellen.

I'm pretty stoked about the new enhancement pass.

Heck I can add stuff to my Dark Monk I never had access to before and the thought of splashing Fighter and adding Kensai bonuses has me giddy as a school girl.

Monk dead? HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

Quote Originally Posted by KoboldKiller View Post
    I'm pretty stoked about the new enhancement pass.

Heck I can add stuff to my Dark Monk I never had access to before and the thought of splashing Fighter and adding Kensai bonuses has me giddy as a school girl.

Monk dead? HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm curious how a kensai/henshin/thief acrobat split would work as a staff-dps build. Could be cool.

Assasin/Ninja Spy mix is also full of win. I have a build that is a 12 rogue 6 monk 2 pally which I was going to switch to the full of win two hander kensai/monk build, but it was also so full of win that I think I will stay with it a bit although I could always just go pure monk too someday which is also full of win.

87 prr, saves 50-60, 28% dodge/incorpreality, dex based now gets damage so forget about strength and more sneak damage this update and more special attacks which are relevant, how about that whole incacipated thingee which stacks with sense weakness and works perfectly with stun fist.

I mean after the first year when monks were terrible the only thing you can count on in DDO is the monk class will continue to become more and more OP. Surest bet in the game Eladrin's work haha.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Assasin/Ninja Spy mix is also full of win. I have a build that is a 12 rogue 6 monk 2 pally which I was going to switch to the full of win two hander kensai/monk build, but it was also so full of win that I think I will stay with it a bit although I could always just go pure monk too someday which is also full of win.

87 prr, saves 50-60, 28% dodge/incorpreality, dex based now gets damage so forget about strength and more sneak damage this update and more special attacks which are relevant, how about that whole incacipated thingee which stacks with sense weakness and works perfectly with stun fist.

I mean after the first year when monks were terrible the only thing you can count on in DDO is the monk class will continue to become more and more OP. Surest bet in the game Eladrin's work haha.
    Yep...You can DEFINITELY tell if the devs play this game, they play monks...
    Cannith - Sorrion - Glassbones - Galodon - Farsnipe
    Sarlona - Glassbones

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123