Default Big positive on the Enhancement Pass

Well I know there are a lot of gloom and doom type posts out there, I will personally wait until I have played with it a couple weeks before I render judgement.

That said there is one thing that this update has done and that is bring the forums back to life. I haven't seen posting this active since pre-MOTU. It's kind of exciting!

On a side note has anyone played around much with the archery stuff. I have an 18 Rogue/1Wiz/1Ranger Arcane Archer Assassin build that I was starting to really enjoy. Is 1 level of ranger going to be enough to grab some of that deepwood sniper stuff?

one level will only grant you the first tier of Deepwood sniper.

Not really sure what all is going on with the archery stuff yet. My only archer is my current main, and I can't log in until later today. I played with the enhancements for him some in the first alpha, but don't really remember much. I remember a lot of the tree was broken at the time, but has since been fixed.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    Well I know there are a lot of gloom and doom type posts out there, I will personally wait until I have played with it a couple weeks before I render judgement.

That said there is one thing that this update has done and that is bring the forums back to life. I haven't seen posting this active since pre-MOTU. It's kind of exciting!

On a side note has anyone played around much with the archery stuff. I have an 18 Rogue/1Wiz/1Ranger Arcane Archer Assassin build that I was starting to really enjoy. Is 1 level of ranger going to be enough to grab some of that deepwood sniper stuff?
    Lots of people playing too. Six market instances on Ghallanda. hours before primetime. Pretty nice. Still no one pugging though :P

LOL they are probably too busy checking things out. I suspect when I get off work tonight I will probably take a look. I can see me being on for a couple of hours without doing anything trying to re-plan out my AA-Assassin build.

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    LOL they are probably too busy checking things out. I suspect when I get off work tonight I will probably take a look. I can see me being on for a couple of hours without doing anything trying to re-plan out my AA-Assassin build.
    Yeah, I doubt I'll run any quests tonight. I'll be spending a couple of hours just looking at enhancements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post
    Lots of people playing too. Six market instances on Ghallanda. hours before primetime. Pretty nice. Still no one pugging though :P
    I just got back from vacation, does this mean the enhancement pass is live now?

I was very critical of the early previews, but I'm happy with what they've come up with. They addressed essentially all my concerns, and ended up with something that I think balances multi-classing and pure builds quite well, and added a bunch of neat new abilities. It's pretty much the single thing that's drawing me back to playing again after over a year away.

Community Member moomooprincess's Avatar

Default Not happy on enhancements

Do I have more spell points or less spell points than August 18, 2013? I don't know.

Do I have more hit points or less hit points than August 18, 2013? I don't know.

Is my spell penetration better, worse, or the same than August 18, 2013? I don't know.

Divine Vitality? Nope, you don't have it.

Radiant Servant is now called Positive Energy Aura I think and I had to spend 30 enhancement points to get there. Fine, but no clue if what I did actually helped me or hurt me. I know something hurt me, because when I cast a spell I use to use all the time, I now am slowed or something. Oh joy.

My wisdom is higher than before, but my charisma is lower. Am I happy about that? No idea.

I am also not happy about all the BRAND new loot. Again. Everything we had before is now thrown in the gutter, because all this new loot could be better, might not. I was just get used to the old, new loot, but now all that is garbage.

This is a massive learning curve.

I logged in and started a quest. Then I noticed I was short spell points. I was short ANY enhancement that I had before. I did not have radiant servant. As a soloing cleric, I have relied on these crutches since they came out. Oops, on my part.

All rogues don't have the skill boost like they used to. I redid a bard, but did not play it as my ISP decided to also crash today. Must be something in the water. oooo a new update coming to a game, let's also crash the ISP to further confuse our end user to make them think the game crashed or whatever. That was good for about 15 minutes of anguish.

Basically, you cannot play any quest when you log in. You must redo your enhancements to get back stuff you had before.
    Recipemaker Guild: Top Chef School of Recipes

Event Statistics: Risia, Festivult, Midwinter, Daily Dice, Mimic Hunt