Default Ooops, there goes my +20 Heart of Wood...

Edit: Problem solved, see Cordovan's post a few levels below for an explanation. Thanks bro!

Hi,

On one of my characters, I unknowingly selected to use the 'free' reincarnation to change my class levels, but what I didn't realize is that I was supposed to pick the other option instead of the 'free' option. I never used my LR yet, but is it possible to submit a ticket to a GM so this mistake can be corrected? Or am I totally screwed with no hope of getting a +20 LR token?
    Last edited by knightgf; 08-19-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    Hi,

On one of my characters, I unknowingly selected to use the 'free' reincarnation to change my class levels, but what I didn't realize is that I was supposed to pick the other option instead of the 'free' option. I never used my LR yet, but is it possible to submit a ticket to a GM so this mistake can be corrected? Or am I totally screwed with no hope of getting a +20 LR token?
    the free LR didnt allow class changes, so if you were able to change classes you used the 20+LR. if you did indeed click the free LR then you shouldn't have used up your token and it should be in your bag or bankspace or wherever it goes after a reincarnate.

Hero

Call them or submit a ticket. The phone support for DDO is great. The tickets will probably take weeks now the day of a Xpac release so I would call if you can. The assistance forums are only for player-to-player help and not official.

+20 is a item that appears in your inventory. It looks just like any other heart of wood.

Free LR is +0 and is jut available from Kruz as long as you have not already used it.

If your Heart isnt in inventory, you used it.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

you should still have the +20 available, since they are different options on the menu.

The Enhancement System Revamp includes many updates and changes. Therefore, every character that exists prior to Update 19 will receive a +20 Lesser Reincarnation TOKEN upon login automatically to allow players to make adjustments to their existing characters if necessarily. To redeem this token:
    1. Visit Kruz the Reincarnation trainer in House Jorasco and select “What do I need to start Lesser Reincarnation?”
    2. Then select “I would like to use a heart of wood to reincarnate, but give me specific details before we begin.”
    3. NOTE that this is NOT considered to be the standard Free Lesser Reincarnation, so you need to select the second available Lesser Reincarnation option!
    4. Double check that the last sentence states that “You will turn in your +20 Lesser Heart of Wood in order to start this process” before you click on “Yes.”
    5. NOTE: The current three-class restriction that applies to other Hearts of Wood apply to the +20 Lesser Heart of Wood. Characters can never have more than three classes during the respec process, even if they intended to have only three classes by the end of the process. This means that some multiclass characters may be unable to swap out one class for another, unless they use a second Heart of Wood in the future to swap out an unwanted class for a desired class.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Having just done this on a character, here's how it works.

If you have not already used your free Lesser Reincarnation, you will get an option to use that when speaking with Kruz.

You have a +20 Heart of Wood in your inventory.

When you speak to Kruz, you will have an option to use your Heart of Wood. Do that, and you'll see at the bottom of the dialog panel that you will be using your +20 Heart of Wood.

So, make sure to not select the free Lesser Reincarnation option if you want to use the +20 Heart of Wood that's in your inventory.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Ok guys, I got really confused. Unfortunately, because of my low intellect, I somehow thought that the +20 heart of wood was a token item like the free feat exchange, but I was wrong. It is an actual item and I thought that I somehow screwed it up for some reason. I still have my +20 Lesser Heart of Wood, and all I have to do now is just wait a week before I can swap out my classes due to the timer. Thanks for the help guys!
    Here's a riddle for you: What do you call people who play the game for only a day and apparently know everything?

Community Member

So the LR bug, also reported from someone who did it on Lamannia successfully is now been fixed. Since you apparently are ok with favor/quests and items?