The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Default Some questions about Sagas

"Quest completions prior to U19 don't count" - so I assume that if I've already run everything on EE, I can't just blow through on Casual just for a completion and get Saga credit for EE even though it's in my quest journal, right? (This is how I'd assume it would work, at least. If I could, that'd be a really happy bonus, but somehow I doubt it *g*)

Do Sagas only count your first time through post-U19, or your highest? As in, if I run the High Road quests on Casual today 'cause I'm farming renown in the end rewards, and then get in a group tomorrow that runs them on Elite... do I get Saga credit for Elite?

And for that matter, if I run everything on a lower difficulty and talk to the Saga giver... can I then run them on a higher difficulty for a better reward?

(Honestly, this Saga system kinda penalizes we semi-casual players...)
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh

Community Member

Default Should be Epic Only

On Lam, they said the saga bonus only applied if you completed the quests on epic difficulty, not heroic.

Not sure if that's changed now that it's gone live.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LrdSlvrhnd View Post
    "Quest completions prior to U19 don't count" - so I assume that if I've already run everything on EE, I can't just blow through on Casual just for a completion and get Saga credit for EE even though it's in my quest journal, right? (This is how I'd assume it would work, at least. If I could, that'd be a really happy bonus, but somehow I doubt it *g*)

Do Sagas only count your first time through post-U19, or your highest? As in, if I run the High Road quests on Casual today 'cause I'm farming renown in the end rewards, and then get in a group tomorrow that runs them on Elite... do I get Saga credit for Elite?

And for that matter, if I run everything on a lower difficulty and talk to the Saga giver... can I then run them on a higher difficulty for a better reward?

(Honestly, this Saga system kinda penalizes we semi-casual players...)
    It is my impression that you can run the Saga many times getting a reward each time.

Since no one has actually answered the question yet....yes, it only counts completions AFTER U19, it will NOT take into affect any prior completions. It works on a point system. Each time you complete a quest, you get points. VIP can skip one quest and get an elite completion for it from what I remember.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

OK, to answer some of your questions:

Yes, the Saga NPC gets updated when you run the quest on higher difficulty after running on lower one. Example, yesterday I ran Impossible Demands on EN; visted the Saga NPC and she had me flagged as Casual/Normal on that quest.
    After I joined a group to run the rest of the chain on EH, I went back and rerun Impossible Demands on EH to see if it will update; it did. The Saga NPC updated that I ran it on hard this time (not both, just in case if anyone else is wondering).

I believe from the notes and the Saga NPC's dialogue, you can run the whole saga on casual, get a reward and then run it again on EH/EE to get a better reward, but that is a guess from the dialogue.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: It may not be the highest you have done a quest but rather by the latest. A team member today did Impossible demands on EH and then redone it on EN, the Saga NPC changed his flagging from Hard to Normal when he visited her the second time.

EDIT 2: Not sure now which is correct; I even today managed to do the first chain again on EE and it flagged my last quest (The Battle For Eveningstar) as EH even though I did it on EE. I think the thing is bugged.
    Last edited by Vallar; 08-20-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    I am the architect of my own destruction...

How to Group With Clerics