Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kruz Unresponsive: Cannith Server

As the title says.... click on him, and no dialog options. Large crowd having the same issue.

I'm trying to find the love with the update, Turbine, but playing hard to get isn't helping.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    As the title says.... click on him, and no dialog options. Large crowd having the same issue.

I'm trying to find the love with the update, Turbine, but playing hard to get isn't helping.
    Just keep trying. I had some trouble at first but he eventually responded.

The guy is rather busy at the moment after all
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

I also had the problem on Cannith with Kruz. I did finally get him to talk to me, but it took a bit.

It is not just Cannith where Kruz it unresponsive. Went over to Wayfinder after finishing up one of my toons Cannith to work on a cleric and pally, and he was slow over there as well.

Hero

He only can talk to one person at a time. It's a ninja click fest if multiple people are trying to talk to him at the same time.

Community Member

People are spamming him. When I did an LR on Ghallanda, there were over 20 people at Cruz. We had to form an orderly line and use one at a time. I'm not joking.

Seems like an odd thing to not change, given how many people are going to be seeking Kruz's talents.
    Then again, Turbine seems to be not too high on useability these days.

I'll try to find the love in a few days then.

Quote Originally Posted by Scuddy View Post
    He only can talk to one person at a time. It's a ninja click fest if multiple people are trying to talk to him at the same time.
    That's too funny. Didn't the boat quest guy in IQ have that same problem for like the first month or so?

Silly.

Community Member

Seems like an odd thing to not change, given how many people are going to be seeking Kruz's talents.
    Then again, Turbine seems to be not too high on useability these days.

I'll try to find the love in a few days then.
    That's surprisingly unfair from you Memnir. Yeah, it would have been a good thing to change, but for a few hours after an expansion comes out? One of the smoothest roll-outs I've seen frankly.
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    That's surprisingly unfair from you Memnir.
    it's unfair to perhaps expect them to think through how their changes will effect players, and perhaps then make changes to help players react/adapt better to said changes?

My definition of unfair differs from yours a bit, then.

As for surprising... it really shouldn't be. I've always praised Turbine when I think they've done something well - but likewise never shied away from pointing out where I think they've erred. In this case, I think they erred in a very player-unfriendly manner, and it's a shame that Turbine seems to once again have not measured twice before cutting. It's a chronic problem here, and one that gets less easy to forgive each time. They've had enough time with this EH pass to have seen this problem coming, and it's comical they didn't make the change in advance.
    Last edited by Memnir; 08-19-2013 at 03:59 PM.

DDO Producer

Kruz reacts that way for a reason. See:Fight Club.

That said, we are looking at options to make this not as much of a pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post

That said, we are looking at options to make this not as much of a pain in the arse.
    Time to spawn a reincarnation NPC in every zone of the game! Or 50 of em all lined up on the marketplace bridge between the sub and the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    That's surprisingly unfair from you Memnir. Yeah, it would have been a good thing to change, but for a few hours after an expansion comes out? One of the smoothest roll-outs I've seen frankly.
    Agreed. So far it is eerily smooth.

But by the tenor of Memnir's posts the last month or so before he 'quit' er 'took a break,' he's gone completely dark-side anyway. Don't count on seeing too many glass-half-full posts coming from that direction.

Community Member

Same on Sarlona. There is a mob of people and no opportunity to chat with him.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Quote Originally Posted by Postumus View Post
    Don't count on seeing too many glass-half-full posts coming from that direction.
    Yes, because pointing out missteps and problems is "the dark side". lol

Pity they didn't have the foresight to explore options before the expansion... then I'd have nothing to really complain about. Because yes - by in large this update has launched smoother then their norm. However pointing out any kind of problem clearly means I've gone evil. Right? Sure it does, because it's all or nothing with y'all. Shades of grey - who needs em. Right?

Great way to grief your entire server: open the dialog with Kruz and don't do anything.
    Not that I condone that, but you know. Fun stuff.

Hooray for untested and unintended consequences!

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    That's too funny. Didn't the boat quest guy in IQ have that same problem for like the first month or so?

Silly.
    The portal to eveningstar (and Beyond the rift quest entrance) had that the day MotU launched.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Maybe put kruz in a private instance for a while?
    Eternal Champions of Argo

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post

If I didn't know better, I'd put money on it, that people are deliberately talking to kruz indefinately now.

Founder

People who have never even thought about Reincarnating are now being faced with it. Of course they are talking to Kruz and sitting there reading and re-reading what he has to say in order to try to avoid making a mistake. I also can't believe that Turbine didn't think of a work-around for the fact that Kruz will only talk to one person at a time. The later it gets tonight the larger the number of frustrated players will grow...

Wasnt there another dev response in this thread? weird

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast