Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Wasnt there another dev response in this thread? weird
    Vargoyle(sp?) had a post - but I guess since that one and Maj's were pretty much the same they deleted Varg's.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Kruz reacts that way for a reason. See:Fight Club.

That said, we are looking at options to make this not as much of a pain in the arse.
    Is it possible to modify on the fly how many characters in a zone are needed to spawn another copy of that zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    They've had enough time with this EH pass to have seen this problem coming, and it's comical they didn't make the change in advance.
    I'm guilty of voicing the same type of complaint in response to certain other issues, but let's be perfectly honest with ourselves: I mean, we have ALL seen the "one at a time" NPC bug before, a few times, yet neither YOU nor I nor anyone else that I'm aware of saw this coming. Hindsight is 20/20, and it's pretty hypocritical to blame Turbine for not having predicted this problem. As I said, we've seen it before, but we didn't bother to test for it on Lamma, or to give Turb a heads up to check into it, discuss it during lamma dev chats, etc...

Besides, it's not remotely game breaking. Stand in line, or grab a sangy and come back in 5.

I think you may be getting a little desperate with things to bash Turbine about. This one's pretty weak.

Quote Originally Posted by BOgre View Post
    we have ALL seen the "one at a time" NPC bug before, a few times

I think you may be getting a little desperate with things to bash Turbine about. This one's pretty weak.
    I haven't, B. I'm not super into reincarnation - haven't LR'd anyone even once till today - and only TR'd once character. And that time there was no huge demand, so I had no idea there was a One At A Time rule. Honestly, no idea.

If you think it's weak to mention that the issue was surprising and annoying to a person to whom there wasn't an inkling about this - s'all good by me. But, I continue to think it's worth posting about and since the Devs chimed in that it's something they are looking into fixing - I guess they don't think it's weak either.

I haven't, B. I'm not super into reincarnation - haven't LR'd anyone even once till today - and only TR'd once character. And that time there was no huge demand, so I had no idea there was a One At A Time rule. Honestly, no idea.

If you think it's weak to mention that the issue was surprising and annoying to a person to whom there wasn't an inkling about this - s'all good by me. But, I continue to think it's worth posting about and since the Devs chimed in that it's something they are looking into fixing - I guess they don't think it's weak either.
    I was likely in the crowd with you on Cannith trying it. I didn't know about the one at a time rule either and I have LR'd and TR'd before. Then I tried logging on and off to see if that fixed it and was able to start it on two toons.

When I switched over to Wayfinder, there was only one other person at Kruz and it took me ten minutes to talk to him. Yeah, it's a problem.

Edit: and at @BOgre, yeah I have seen the only one person can talk to an NPC before, and it really didn't hit me that it would happen with someone like Kruz...
    Last edited by wayreth602; 08-20-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Community Member

kruz is very popular and a little bit of a diva probally should have had your people contact his people ...and maybe done lunch,he looks like a foodie

Shades of grey - who needs em. Right?
    Well. How many shades we talkin' here?

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfurnace View Post
    Well. How many shades we talkin' here?
    about 49

As for Kruz I just rape him with my pointer until he talks to me its not too bad...really only a minor annoyance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Time to spawn a reincarnation NPC in every zone of the game! Or 50 of em all lined up on the marketplace bridge between the sub and the bank.
    the 50 in a row might be [fight-club]. Put him in an instance like the refeat dragonmark lady and problem solved.

In the short term, can Turbine simply spawn a few more instances of Jorasco to provide more kruz'ing opportunites?

It's not that you were bashing them about Kruz. Yes it needs to be fixed. It's that you were bashing them about not predicting it. The 'one at a time' bug isn't limited to a reincarnation trainer. Several other NPCs have suffered from it, so THAT's what should have tipped us all off, but neither you nor I nor turbine clued in. Not our fault. Not theirs either.

Quote Originally Posted by wayreth602 View Post
    Edit: and at @BOgre, yeah I have seen the only one person can talk to an NPC before, and it really didn't hit me that it would happen with someone like Kruz...
    ^that.

So yeah, now that it's noticed, it should be looked into. Obv. Trashing them for not predicting it is what's weak.

Not our fault. Not theirs either.
    Since it's their literally their job to be aware of how their changes will interact with existing game mechanics, I kinda think it is their fault. Causing a mass-rush of players on a One-At-A-Time NPC is a bit of an oversight that somebody on the Dev team should have, in my opinion, thought about in advance. But, let's agree to disagree.
    Trashing them for not predicting it is what's weak.
    See above. I see this as a specific example of a much larger problem the Dev team has displayed time and again. You don't see it that way, and that's cool.

Whatever. No point in continuing a carousel-conversation. I've said my piece, no need to keep belaboring the point - even though that's s.o.p. around here.

Community Member

it could be worse, Kruz could have eaten the lesser heart of wood and never told you you could reincarnate like it did to one of my characters. Bug reported already and now trying to get the support team to provide support.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Great way to grief your entire server: open the dialog with Kruz and don't do anything.
    Not that I condone that, but you know. Fun stuff.

Hooray for untested and unintended consequences!
    The first time I went to Kruz on Cannith after the Update there were a number of people there incl. Cannith's Most Infamous!

Standing right behind Kruz facing the rest of us!

As soon as he moved away things got moving - Could have been coincidence yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    That said, we are looking at options to make this not as much of a pain in the arse.
    Make Hearts of Wood into a clickie? (Edit: Like the Birthday Genie)
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

You don't see it that way, and that's cool.

Whatever. No point in continuing a carousel-conversation. I've said my piece, no need to keep belaboring the point - even though that's s.o.p. around here.

I'll just add this one more post: I DO see it that way quite often. Look at my posting history. I was singing the exact same tune in the LR+20 thread that you're grooving to now. I said as much in my 1st reply to you earlier. But it's still weak and pointless to use hindsight as our argument. We didn't see it, they didn't see it, whatever. It got missed.

The ONLY satisfactory dev comment on that point is that they are going to implement some form of loop closing system such as ISO cert. Only strict adherence to that kind of thing will ever save Turbine from constantly repeating the same mistakes.

So till then, our best and most productive action is to bug report. Bashing them for shoulda coulda ... why bother?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12