Community Member

Default Upgrade Stat Tomes +4 to +5

Hi guyz, good afternoon!

First of all i apollogize because mi english is not soo good, but i think i can comunicate.

My doubt is, i already read the +4 Tome os Supreme Hability with my main character, and now we have the upgrade, so if i buy the upgrade tome os Supreme Hability +4 to +5 i will receive benefits os +5 stats or tome will not work? The real question is, i need to have a +4 Tome of Supreme Hability on my inventory to use the +4 to +5 Upgrade Tome of Supreme Hability, or is enough have the efect of the tome +4 on the character to be able to use the +4 to +5 upgrade tome?

Thank you all and sorry for not so good comunication.

Quote Originally Posted by ddo1985 View Post
    Hi guyz, good afternoon!

First of all i apollogize because mi english is not soo good, but i think i can comunicate.

My doubt is, i already read the +4 Tome os Supreme Hability with my main character, and now we have the upgrade, so if i buy the upgrade tome os Supreme Hability +4 to +5 i will receive benefits os +5 stats or tome will not work? The real question is, i need to have a +4 Tome of Supreme Hability on my inventory to use the +4 to +5 Upgrade Tome of Supreme Hability, or is enough have the efect of the tome +4 on the character to be able to use the +4 to +5 upgrade tome?

You need to eat the +4 tomes in order to be able to use the +4 to +5 upgrades. So if you haven't already eaten a +4 tome then you cannot use it for that stat. If you used a +4 supreme on a character you should be able to use the upgrade to +5 on that character.

I also believe upgrade tomes come as separate tomes which are bound to account, also do i get this right that there are upgrade +4 to +5 tomes in the store right now?

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ddo1985 View Post
    Hi guyz, good afternoon!

Yes, in either case you can buy the +4 to +5 upgrade tome.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    You need to eat the +4 tomes in order to be able to use the +4 to +5 upgrades. So if you haven't already eaten a +4 tome then you cannot use it for that stat. If you used a +4 supreme on a character you should be able to use the upgrade to +5 on that character.

I also believe upgrade tomes come as separate tomes which are bound to account, also do i get this right that there are upgrade +4 to +5 tomes in the store right now?
    Oh tu for information, and yes, on DDO Store today to September 5 =D

Wait . . . +5 upgrade tomes are in the store? This for real?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Wait . . . +5 upgrade tomes are in the store? This for real?
    Yep.

Even better just buy the +5's or a +5 supreme.

https://www.ddo.com/en/limitedtime-5tomes

Yep... does that mean +6's or +5 to +6 upgrades drop now?

*sigh*

You know when I did 50 damage and the MOB had 500 HP it's pretty much the same as when I do 300 Damage and the Mob has 3000 HP.

Bigger number are just that ... bigger.

Community Member

+5 Supreme....good god...

For a player like me, who levels so slowly as to go a full expansion pack without a capped (and I mean only level TWENTY) character, these things are tempting...

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    You know when I did 50 damage and the MOB had 500 HP it's pretty much the same as when I do 300 Damage and the Mob has 3000 HP.

Bigger number are just that ... bigger.
    Welcome to MMO's if you squint your eyes a little you can ignore the hamster wheel you just caught a glimpse of.

After a while this no longer works and you can't escape seeing the hamster wheel in everything (including real life).

The good news is when you come around full circle, you realize that MMO's and Life are about the journey, and they "are what you make of them". Enjoy the processes and the challenges in the hobby as well as the real thing, and you'll walk around (or sit around) with a smile for most of it

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Yes, in either case you can buy the +4 to +5 upgrade tome.
    Wow! Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    Welcome to MMO's if you squint your eyes a little you can ignore the hamster wheel you just caught a glimpse of.

After a while this no longer works and you can't escape seeing the hamster wheel in everything (including real life).

The good news is when you come around full circle, you realize that MMO's and Life are about the journey, and they "are what you make of them". Enjoy the processes and the challenges in the hobby as well as the real thing, and you'll walk around (or sit around) with a smile for most of it
    Excellent point of view to life and my pov as well.

It's not about the meters at all.

One, two! One, two! and through and through. The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head. He went galumphing back.