Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bug report submitted. I still wonder if this was an intentional change.....
    Bjriand The Great 15/3/2 Warlock/Paladin/Cleric Triple Heroic / Epic / Iconic Completionist - 95 Total lives
    Seyeder 20 Barbarian (Current Project, 7 Past Lives)

Community Member

One month ago, I was able to farm epic HC challenges for ingredients on my lvl 18 sorc, with the assistance of a lvl 21 friend. At lvl 20, I solo farmed epic HC chellenges.

One week ago, I was able to solo farm epic challenges at both level 19 and 20 on my monk.

Yesterday, after regaining lvl 20, one day after U19, I could not enter epic challenges, either solo or with a friend.

I think this is an unexpected result of U19's limitation on heroic characters' ability to enter epic quests. However, challenges are designed such that more or less ingredients drop depending upon the level variance of the player(s) in the challenge. For example, if I, at lvl 15, enter a lvl 18 challenge, the end ingredients will give a 30% increase for the level variation. This is why I would start farming lvl 21-22 challenges at lvl 18: less time spent farming. This was, moreover, the intention stated within the U12 release notes regarding challenges and their ingredients. Challenges are not quests and, thus, operate differently.

I have not seen any mention in recent release notes of limiting players from entering challenges because of their level. If Turbine and the DDO Dev staff intended to make such changes, I would like, at the very least, to hear from a developer the reason behind such a change.

If they considered it an exploit they will never respond on the forums and won't add it to any release notes.

Wonder what this change will do to Crystal Cove?

But on topic, I'll bug it as well once I hit 20 (level 18 now).

Quote Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
    Bug report submitted. I still wonder if this was an intentional change.....
    I didnt see anything about it in release notes, so obviously not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12