Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry Bug? House C Epic Challenges

Don't think I saw this in the known issues or if it was mentioned. You now must be level 21 to do House Cannith Epic challenges. I'm 20, so earning epic xp, but I can't do an epic challenge until I'm 21? This makes no sense....
    Bjriand The Great 15/3/2 Warlock/Paladin/Cleric Triple Heroic / Epic / Iconic Completionist - 95 Total lives
    Seyeder 20 Barbarian (Current Project, 7 Past Lives)

Is this WAI?
    Bjriand The Great 15/3/2 Warlock/Paladin/Cleric Triple Heroic / Epic / Iconic Completionist - 95 Total lives

An official explanation would be greatly appreciated.

U19 included a 'fix' that requires everyone in the party to be able to enter epic quests/areas. No one will be allowed in that content while someone in the party does not meet the level restrictions.

House C challenges are designed as X to 20 for heroic versions and 21+ for epic versions. This is more than likely WAI and will not be changed.

That logic isn't applicable. I can enter the farm house quest which is level 21, 23 on elite, at level 20. I can't enter a level 21 epic challenge in house c. I can enter a level 21 challenge in evening star. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
    Don't think I saw this in the known issues or if it was mentioned. You now must be level 21 to do House Cannith Epic challenges. I'm 20, so earning epic xp, but I can't do an epic challenge until I'm 21? This makes no sense....
    I'm pretty sure it's always been this way...?

I know I could never wear epic house c gear till level 21. I guess it could be because that was just the ML and not that the epic challenges started at 21.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
    That logic isn't applicable. I can enter the farm house quest which is level 21, 23 on elite, at level 20. I can't enter a level 21 epic challenge in house c. I can enter a level 21 challenge in evening star. Makes no sense whatsoever.
    Challenges have always worked this way as well. The level is a hard rule. For instance, you can't enter the higher challenges until you actually reach the level of the lowest provided. So if 15 is the lowest level a challenge offers, you can't enter it at 14.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jalont View Post

I know I could never wear epic house c gear till level 21. I guess it could be because that was just the ML and not that the epic challenges started at 21.
    lol. Well, I can tell you first-hand you're wrong about this. Most of my characters have multiple epic House C challenge gear and they all put it on right at level 20. Some of it is actually part of their end-game gear load-out. Also, I previously have been able to do epic challenges on a level 20 character. In fact, I would run them with friends and even the level 18s could get into epic challenges (which I always thought was broken and now it has been fixed).

I was able to enter the night before update at level 20. Epic House C gear is ML 20, wearable at 20. Sometime recently, they changed it so you could not bring in someone less than 20. Now you can't enter until 21. No explanation given.

Community Member

This was changed in the update on Monday, Cableman.

False. House C challenge gear is level 20.

Challenges have always worked this way as well. The level is a hard rule. For instance, you can't enter the higher challenges until you actually reach the level of the lowest provided. So if 15 is the lowest level a challenge offers, you can't enter it at 14.
    False. I've been in CR 21 challenges at level 1.

This is a change and a bug. Epic House C challenges are just that: epic. Epic means you need to be level 20 to enter, NOT 21.

@OP, I would bug report it.

The House C challenges were update 12 and epic levels weren't introduced till update 14.

I know my wife and I used it for our first TR for token farming and planned on using it this life as well. We started farming it at level 20 last life and only ran the epic challenges for our tokens.

It may be an unexpected side effect of the changes in the newest update.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    False. I've been in CR 21 challenges at level 1.
    This part is definitely not false.

Perhaps it was different in the past, but it has been this way for awhile.

About a month ago, I wanted a level 16 frozen tunic on my level 14 monk. I was going to try to drop its ML 2 levels. I couldn't get into the quest to get the mats. The lowest option was 15, and when I tried to enter, it said I was too low level.

About a month ago, I wanted a level 16 frozen tunic on my level 14 monk. I was going to try to drop its ML 2 levels. I couldn't get into the quest to get the mats. The lowest option was 15, and when I tried to enter, it said I was too low level.
    Yes, you used to be able to be gated into a challenge by being in a party with a character who was of the appropriate level. They changed that a few months ago.

Seemed to be working just fine about 2 weeks ago.

Community Member

Its WAI, just not DAI (Designed As Intended) Challenges are meant to level gate you, prevent you from running challenges until you're the min level for that challenge. Since there is no L20 version of Epic HC challenges, you cant run it at L20. I think the solution is just to extend HC Epic challenges down to L20.

It works that way in Heroic too, as the upgrades for some L12 gear require mats that come from min lvl 15 challenges. Wont let you in until you're actually 15, so you cant upgrade your L12 gear until you're almost ready to trade it in for the L16 versions (unless you have an alt earn the mats for you/twinked from a previous life...though if you're twinking, you probably have a T3 L16 version with MC to bring it down to ML14)

Incidentally, this is definitely new - I didn't advance any of my old TR lives past 20, soon as I hit 20 I started farming TiM for tokens to buy a True Heart. Now, you have to ding 21 before you can farm TiM...one more level on the TR train...

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Seemed to be working just fine about 2 weeks ago.
    As of around a month ago my level 15 challenge farmer could not bring level 14s that were in the party into the 15-20 challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    As of around a month ago my level 15 challenge farmer could not bring level 14s that were in the party into the 15-20 challenges.
    Weird. Maybe it was more than 2 weeks ago? Not sure, but it's a moot point now.

Its a bug, report it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast