Default Arcane Archer Question

It seems you don't need to have the prereq Mental Toughness now, anyone confirm before I swap out that feat?

Did you do it yet? We need someone to go first!

Mental toughness and weapon focus : ranged are no longer pre-requisite for anything (at least anything I found worth taking on mine).
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

I took it on my artificer through half elf with no mental toughness. Then realized none of the bonuses worked with crossbows and retrained it out. Sad day.

I haven't tried swapping out Mental Toughness

But actually I just went to Fred and began to swap out weapon focus : ranged and when I pressed the button and got the warning "You have enhancements that depend on Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons. If you exchange this feat, all of your enhancements will need to be retrained. Do you wish to continue? YES NO

I chickened out and hit no. Either it is a bug/leftover warning that is false or your really do still need WF. I can't face doing all my Enhancements all over AGAIN just yet. Anyone else want to try it?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by phillipsjr1 View Post
    I took it on my artificer through half elf with no mental toughness. Then realized none of the bonuses worked with crossbows and retrained it out. Sad day.
    Some of the attacks do, most notably Inferno and Slaying Arrows. Especially nice on repeaters since it triples all the procs. Though, since Soul Bow does not work with xbows, its really too expensive on the blue bar to try and use them constantly, and not worth the AP if you're only going to use them sparingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    I haven't tried swapping out Mental Toughness

But actually I just went to Fred and began to swap out weapon focus : ranged and when I pressed the button and got the warning "You have enhancements that depend on Weapon Focus: Ranged Weapons. If you exchange this feat, all of your enhancements will need to be retrained. Do you wish to continue? YES NO

I chickened out and hit no. Either it is a bug/leftover warning that is false or your really do still need WF. I can't face doing all my Enhancements all over AGAIN just yet. Anyone else want to try it?
    MT is not a prereq. WF: Ranged is only, IIRC, a prereq for Kensei enhancements - so unless you have a fighter splash, its a bug.

Either way, its not a big deal to redo your enhancements.