Default Disappointed..........

Seriously guys. The update was only 20 minutes late, and has now been out for almost two hours.....were are all the d00m posts? Where are all the "Turbine broke x y and z with this!" posts? How come no one is complaining?! I need something to do at work aside from work until I can get home and log in. I need people to argue with. I paid for an argument!
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

People are too busy looking at all the new stuff to do (especially enhancements). Just wait, tonight the general discussion forums will be flooded with a veritable barrage of obscenities and cries of doom.

Community Member

Yep, the d0000000oooOOOmers are too busy playing.

Not having fun, oh no, certainly not that.

Just playing.

Community Member

Oh, don't worry. They'll be along, or else everyone is straight up deleting the game.

The way its broke is probably favorable to the players, so you wont hear a peep. If it was broke not in favor of the players, there would be multiple threats of retaining lawyers posted by now.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisP.Fancypants View Post
    Oh, don't worry. They'll be along, or else everyone is straight up deleting the game.
    I did not delete the game, but I logged on for a half hour or so and then logged back off. Maybe I will give it another look tonight, but I am not a fan.

There is no need to argue, what would be the point? Things won’t change, and those people that come back for the expansion will leave no matter how much we argue. Maybe I will have a better perspective later on when running with old friends, but my first thought was not good.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    I did not delete the game, but I logged on for a half hour or so and then logged back off. Maybe I will give it another look tonight, but I am not a fan.

There is no need to argue, what would be the point? Things won’t change, and those people that come back for the expansion will leave no matter how much we argue. Maybe I will have a better perspective later on when running with old friends, but my first thought was not good.
    Not sure I understand..... Your saying that because you're not a fan then everyone else who came back because of the expansion (are there many? No Idea TBH) will leave?
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    Not sure I understand..... Your saying that because you're not a fan then everyone else who came back because of the expansion (are there many? No Idea TBH) will leave?
    For my money, probably. If I just came back from a long break, faced with rebuilding every character, which for many toons means LRing (not the most intuitive-or forgiving- process), resetting enhancements with missing/vague/incorrect descriptions, and then discovering that half of them are broken and they've just wasted an hour on a single toon, and then trying to respec again to the tune of "your plat or your shards"? Or worse, realizing they paid money for two updates worth of quests and no raids on top of that?

I'd give it another six months at best, if I came back at all.

What would be the point? It seems to me DDO is being run by the marketing people, not the devs. Marketing cares about bullet points - features, amount of content, selling features. They could care less about bugs, so bugs dont get fixed (at the rate they need to).

Quote Originally Posted by Zirun View Post
    Yep, the d0000000oooOOOmers are too busy playing.

Not having fun, oh no, certainly not that.

Just playing.

Won't say doom or otherwise. However, after two hours of working on a new build for my rogue, I realized I wasn't having fun. I wasn't playing DDO, I was trying to figure out all over again how to play DDO the way I like to play.

I logged out and came to the forums just to see what others are saying. Appears a few folks are also not having fun with the current changes.

As I've said many times, when the game stops being fun, it's time to stop playing. I'll go back in later and see if I can figure out a good build for my assassin, and have fun doing so. If not, then maybe the game has stopped being fun for me and it's time to move on.
    There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    I paid for an argument!
    No you didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AzB View Post
    No you didn't.
    Yes I did!

*note: FINALLY SOMEONE RESPONDS TO IT!*
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

Default Got it wrong

I am very upset with this major change. Now all the time I have spent making my 21 characters all has to be revisited ...years of work ....and I have to spend my own time researching everything all over to see what they undid my time spent building so I can save something of the core left of my characters so that they are no longer even D&D looking or built like characters ...TALK ABOUT CYBORG CHARACTERS ....I DUNNO ...THIS MAY BE TO MUCH ...1ST DAY BUT I HAVE NO ENHANCEMENTS AND I HAVE TO DO WHAT THEY MAKE ME DO TO TRY ASND UNSCREW IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Seriously guys. The update was only 20 minutes late, and has now been out for almost two hours.....were are all the d00m posts? Where are all the "Turbine broke x y and z with this!" posts? How come no one is complaining?! I need something to do at work aside from work until I can get home and log in. I need people to argue with. I paid for an argument!

Come on now...

any self-respecting dOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOmer would have already looked at DDO Wiki's alpha enhancements page or visited Lam during Beta, to already know it was dOOm, but to truly profess dOOm...

one would need to go though all 97 of their characters first trying to rebuild them, then state the following:

"All but 1 of my 97 toons is totally broken or just plain s__t now!!! and that one toon is a level one fighter, and I'm not sure but... I think he might be gimp too!!!"

So how long to do you think it would take to re-tune all their characters first before officially declaring dOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOm!!!

Think in this case you may see more "GOODBYE" threads than "dOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOm!!!" threads

You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by RangerOps View Post
    I am very upset with this major change. Now all the time I have spent making my 21 characters all has to be revisited ...years of work ....and I have to spend my own time researching everything all over to see what they undid my time spent building so I can save something of the core left of my characters so that they are no longer even D&D looking or built like characters ...TALK ABOUT CYBORG CHARACTERS ....I DUNNO ...THIS MAY BE TO MUCH ...1ST DAY BUT I HAVE NO ENHANCEMENTS AND I HAVE TO DO WHAT THEY MAKE ME DO TO TRY ASND UNSCREW IT.
    Exactly how I'm feeling at this point. Relearning a game after all these years of learning what was, and then having to learn to play the new character build, is a bit much. Too much? I'm not to that point yet, but I can see the possibility. *sigh*
    There is no free lunch.