Thread: Hall of Heroes?

Community Member

Default Hall of Heroes?

The Hall of Heroes
    A new option is available for quick travel between the realms of Eberron and Forgotten Realms. This account-wide feature will allow you to log to the character selection screen, and switch your character to the Eberron or Forgotten Realms campaign settings with the push of a button. Doing so will transport your character to the Eberron Hall of Heroes, or the Forgotten Realms Hall of Heroes. These travel hubs exist outside of the story and contain doorways to many locations in the respective worlds. Over time more locations will be added to the hall.
    Sounds nice... however:

Hall of Heroes

• NEW: The button on the Character Selection screen to purchase the Hall of Heroes does not link properly to the Hall of Heroes in the DDO Store. Players can still search the DDO Store in-game and purchase the Hall of Heroes.

(From Known Issues)

Does this mean this Hall of Heroes thing is an 'extra cost' thing?

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Iconic characters can use it for free everyone else has to pay for it. (Not sure about VIP)

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    Iconic characters can use it for free everyone else has to pay for it. (Not sure about VIP)
    Hall of Heroes Passport is free for VIPs.

Community Member

Thank you for the nice VIP benefit!
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    Hall of Heroes Passport is free for VIPs.
    I'll buy that for a dollar!!!!!

That is to say, I am not VIP, but thank you for pointing out it IS actually available now in the store - the broken link had me thinking it was coming soon.

Thanks for this; many of my alts wanted to get into the new areas and the thought of running all those transport quests over and over and over to get over to the realms was just... blah.

I'll spend 795 points on that feature today.

So, just so I am clear. Once inside teh hall of heroes you can't transport between locations. If I am in Stormreach and want to get to FR, I need to logout and click the transport button... or is there an in game mech (short of the harbor entrance.) Or am I missing something?
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    So, just so I am clear. Once inside teh hall of heroes you can't transport between locations. If I am in Stormreach and want to get to FR, I need to logout and click the transport button... or is there an in game mech (short of the harbor entrance.) Or am I missing something?
    I thought, "easier transport between FR and Eberron, great!" and dropped the 795 TP on it.

But there is no transport from the one Hall of Heroes to the other. You can only use it on login. Logging out and back in, then across the Hall, then ANOTHER loading screen to actually get out, is even more time-consuming that running across Eveningstar to the Cavern.

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    I thought, "easier transport between FR and Eberron, great!" and dropped the 795 TP on it.

But there is no transport from the one Hall of Heroes to the other. You can only use it on login. Logging out and back in, then across the Hall, then ANOTHER loading screen to actually get out, is even more time-consuming that running across Eveningstar to the Cavern.
    Well, I did see somewhere that more destination are to come. I can imagine that they have concerns of folks getting to FR without the pack or some such and are being cautious.

It would be nice, though, to see the Hall added to the teleport locations.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

They really should have fixed the memory leek on character login/out before implementing the hall of heroes through the login screen only.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

Community Member

Sounds like I'll just spend that 795 TP on something else. All my characters have already run the spinner chain anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.