Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Istaria1 View Post
    "snip" but surely it's a good thing that this change forces a broader range of quests to be run. "Snip"
    That word is the problem. If you have to force your players to play specific content, you have failed.

Not that this effects me much, I'm also one of those once and done guys, I dislike repeating content, most of the time. And when I do it is for loot, not XP.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

So can some explain to me as to why people are *****ing about this

Old: Each re-run of a quest would give you a penalty to xp gained but first time completion of each difficulty produces a bonus

New: Each re-run of a quest would give you a penalty to xp gained but first time completion of each difficulty produces a bonus, also the penalty resets are 48hrs.

how is that a nerf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Turbine knows our opinions on how bad it sucks but doesn't seem to care because the rabid casuals want us nerfed, the casual flower sniffers seem to think it will help them instead of hurting them too for some unknown reason from crazy land.
    The change was certainly casual friendly. As a casual player, I approve.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    So can some explain to me as to why people are *****ing about this
    Because they're in a big hurry to get "somewhere" and want to mindlessly grind the same quest a dozen times in a row, before moving onto the next quest to mindlessly grind that a dozen times in a row, so they can brag about how quickly they finished their latest TR and how much better they are than the "flower-sniffers" who only play that way because they suck at the game.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by unacceptable View Post
    This change will help me out tremendously, but i am not wanting to see anyone nerfed. Liking how the change impacts me doesn't mean i want you nerfed. it just means I like the change.
    Same. I've always hated farming the same quest over and over, it's mind-numbingly boring, and this is a game and supposed to be fun. So I do all the quests and boff all over ebberron and Faerun, and have a great time doing it as well as leveling without a problem. I do see Turbine's point that they put effort and resources into every area, no matter how old, I also get that some people have to level like it's a job or a race and would have enjoyed seeing a system that benefits both groups. But I do like the changes, as more people will probably join my groups and not ***** me out because I'm running the quest once not a million times. Sometimes I can't believe how often strangers feel more entitled to my time than me.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

I just did a TR in 6 days with mostly guildies on a 4th life toon. It was my first time doing it and the first time I had ever been on TR timer. The quickest I have ever capped was 3 weeks. Have to say it felt like work, I earned half the favor I normally would get and I wax bored running the same quests 9 times. Kudos to those that like doing it and can have fun with it, but I hated it. Doing it once is fine I guess but I don't want to do that ever again. I really hope this new change works.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123