Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

What about previous repetition system ?

For example - before Update we could run quest on elite, hard and normal difficulty (each for very first time) and we had no penalties, only bonuses for doing that particular quest first time on each difficulty. Penalties showed during fourth run.

How about now ? If we run it on elite with all bonuses and on hard after it, then we get -20% immediately ?

Community Member

I'm happy it's not as bad as the first version where you could only run a quest once a week with no penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    I, too, love this change as far as I understand it. What I am not clear on, based on the wording of the release notes, is does the XP ever get back up to 100% again? (Excluding first run bonuses of course.)
    how it works:

today u hit 11 and decide to run von3 on elite(1st time this life)

u get +20% of 1st time of the day + 80% of first time elite on this life

if u run hard or norm today, u won get the 20% of 1st time of the day, but will get the 40% or 25% of 1st time of the life

tomorrow u decide to run von3 again on e/h/n, in 18 hours u reduce 50% penalization (so u could have run 2 more times any other diff to leave it in 40%, penalization goes 0-20-40-60-80-100)

so on elite u'll get one 20% extra xp of 1st time of the day, hard will have 20% penalization(isn't 1st time of the life) and norm will have 40%

it forces to spread on quests, a good idea to revive tons of dead packs (IQ, amrath, cannith, 3bc, restless isles) and relax this tr-asap-sickness that has spread over the game, like if completionist worths the effort/time roflmao, omfg i've seen ppl farming quests on harbor LOL, how sad

btw, hate the new harbor, badly, can't understand why baudrey chain is the 1st quest they give me XDDDD
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    Okay, I wasn't sure how they were doing that math, because adding 50% to that bottom 20% would, actually, bring it up to 30%. Then 45% at the next iteration, etc.
    It's adding a flat +50%, not multiplying your current amount by 1.5.

If you don't play a quest for two days you should be getting full experience again, even if you'd previously ransacked the experience down to minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    the casual flower sniffers seem to think it will help them instead of hurting them too for some unknown reason from crazy land.
    Well, since when I TR, I don't repeat hardly any quests, just once on elite and done, the extra 20% is nothing but bonus for me.

I didn't ask for farming to be "nerfed", but the changes will absolutely help us casual flower sniffers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Well, since when I TR, I don't repeat hardly any quests, just once on elite and done, the extra 20% is nothing but bonus for me.

I didn't ask for farming to be "nerfed", but the changes will absolutely help us casual flower sniffers.
    I was just gonna say that. This is a permanent +20% xp weekend is the way i see it. Even if i do repeat a quest, i certainly won't do it more times than i can get some kind of first time bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    This is a permanent +20% xp weekend is the way i see it.
    Excellent way to look at it...

A buff for 98% of the players... A slight nerf for 2% (but those guys are experts at gaming the system... I'm sure they'll find the new best way to zerg TR that will be close as fast or even faster than now).
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Some people brag about how fast they finished the game. I cant think of a stupider thing to brag about. Or in this game, going from level 1 to level 30 in two days, or however long it takes. I can't even begin to imagine what drives a person to think that is fun. You are ignoring all of the content and options and going for sheer speed. It is like going to a museum and bragging about how fast you made it through. Or bragging about how fast you finished a good steak.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Excellent way to look at it...

A buff for 98% of the players... A slight nerf for 2% (but those guys are experts at gaming the system... I'm sure they'll find the new best way to zerg TR that will be close as fast or even faster than now).
    Here's another bonus for me personally. One quest i do farm is epic devil assault. I do it for shroud ingredients and tokens. The guy i use to do this is long past the point of getting xp. Now he will get xp again. Big win.

I like the change because it could mean less run quests get run more and maybe improve the pug scene.

What should have happened, though, was having this change implemented the same time as the leveling xp and TR xp change. There probably would be less people complaining about it than.

What I plan to do is TR 2 characters at once and alternate days. It seems the better way to go.

I rarely repeat quest and my ED farming is done so this is nothing but buff to me . . . but I understand how people could not like this.

Community Member

I think anyone who has three or more characters might just see this as more of an opportunity to give 'equal time'.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Does anyone know if they changed it so that the repetition penalty accrues even at level cap? I was trying to find information about whether that was changed or not.

-JJ

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jjflanigan View Post
    Does anyone know if they changed it so that the repetition penalty accrues even at level cap? I was trying to find information about whether that was changed or not.

-JJ
    Yes it does apply after level cap. Was tested on Lammania
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

Quote Originally Posted by Grubbby View Post
    Yes it does apply after level cap. Was tested on Lammania
    Thank you for the information

-JJ

Community Member

I'm not a multi-TR player who has been working out XP on a spreadsheet, but surely it's a good thing that this change forces a broader range of quests to be run.

I appreciate that the view could be taken that Turbine want less-sold packs to start selling again, but this is maybe a bit cynical?

It certainly suits the way I play to experience as many different dungeons/stories/arcs as possible.

If anything, I think there's a job to be done on rebalancing quest XP for quite alot of the existing content (I mean mainly 1-20). Some quests are a serious pain in the face - but yet don't reward anyone for doing them. I am sure the forum can quote examples - I am too rusty to try.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Istaria1 View Post
    I'm not a multi-TR player who has been working out XP on a spreadsheet, but surely it's a good thing that this change forces a broader range of quests to be run.
    Only for people who view the game as something fun to do, as opposed to something to grind through to get to "end game" (when they just complain about being bored and leave anyway.)

I've not been in yet to see the changes, but if I understand it correctly, I like the changes. Obviously with change there are going to be some unhappy people, but overall, I see this a an upgrade.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Istaria1 View Post
    ...but surely it's a good thing that this change forces a broader range of quests to be run.
    It doesn't really do this, it just slows down the process and for people who are tired of the low level content and just want to get through it, that's not a good thing.

This change allows people to run the high value quests through a much wider range of levels. You can run shadow crypt 3 times a day all the way from around level 6 until holding level 15. The previous system pretty much limited ShadowCrypt to a couple of levels some place in the 9-12 range depending on where it fit best in your TR plan.

The way around this is to level a couple toons at a time, run the high value quests on each one each night. It actually could result in less quest diversity than before for those trying to optimize the leveling process.
    TPICKRELL forum identity still broken, 15 weeks and counting... So yet another throw away Forum identity

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grubbby View Post
    It doesn't really do this, it just slows down the process and for people who are tired of the low level content and just want to get through it, that's not a good thing.

This change allows people to run the high value quests through a much wider range of levels. You can run shadow crypt 3 times a day all the way from around level 6 until holding level 15. The previous system pretty much limited ShadowCrypt to a couple of levels some place in the 9-12 range depending on where it fit best in your TR plan.

The way around this is to level a couple toons at a time, run the high value quests on each one each night. It actually could result in less quest diversity than before for those trying to optimize the leveling process.
    This is just ridiculous. People who care about TRing as fast as possible are not going to take more time to tr vs. run more quests.

It is physically impossible for someone to TR faster than me. I TR as fast as currently allowed to by the rules of the game. I also do not farm quests. If people would rather add days to their TR cycle rather than run other content, then I don't know what to say and thus feel like most people won't choose this route.

Pretty excited for this change, though I do agree with the poster who said it should have been introduced at the same time as the TR xp rebalancing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast