Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default -20% xp per repetition

Normally each time you repeat a quest, the amount of experience the quest grants decreases. This remains true as of Update 19, although the curve of how much XP deprecates after how many runs as been adjusted. For each repetition of the same quest, the deprecation is 20%.
    Wow... Totally missed that until just now.

Not saying that is doooooom but for tr leveling without stones or pots it will surely cut.

Counting in +20% daily bonus, and assuming the penalty still starts from 4th run on (I hope so...), the cumulative loss of an E-H8-N farm would be -130% base xp of the quest.

So I guess I'll have to start learning some less-run quests, or sometimes farm on elite instead.

Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Faeeee View Post

Not saying that is doooooom but for tr leveling without stones or pots it will surely cut.

Counting in +20% daily bonus, and assuming the penalty still starts from 4th run on (I hope so...), the cumulative loss of an E-H8-N farm would be -130% base xp of the quest.

So I guess I'll have to start learning some less-run quests, or sometimes farm on elite instead.

Oh well...

maybe you should read a little more, xp also resets now back to %50 bonus, it works like chest ransack now.

Community Member

Oh well...

Yes the reduction is more, but hey at least you can wait 36 hrs and get back the full xp. Now you can farm imp demands, von 3 and rusted blades as you lvl up, instead of keeping it aside until you have capped.

The Hatchery

We're getting another +20% for each new quest run, effectively, making it even better to just run more different quests instead of the same handful. Which is nice, I personally hate grinding the same ones 11 times.

Since the penalty will now decay after 18 hours (imagine running Shadow Crypt a few times one day, coming back the next day and getting full XP and a 20% bonus), this mostly hurts people who zerg and grind like hell and complete a TR in under a week. But I can understand why this would hurt.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ...v... View Post
    maybe you should read a little more, xp also resets now back to %50 bonus, it works like chest ransack now.
    Yes but that's 18hrs later.... Normally I would've been about 2-3 levels away by then when tr leveling. I doubt it's worth it redoing it after 18hrs on that matter...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qezuzu View Post
    We're getting another +20% for each new quest run, effectively, making it even better to just run more different quests instead of the same handful.
    Which is why this is an excellent update. I'm really hoping it will breathe a bit of variety into the LFM panel, rather than seeing the same "farming X quest" stuff over and over.

Who knows.. maybe people will actually stop obsessing over min-maxing their characters and actually play the game as a game!

Call me crazy but this might turnout good just yet. I will wait and see how it works out.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Who knows.. maybe people will actually stop obsessing over min-maxing their characters and actually play the game as a game!
    You should write stand-up!

lol, after seeing it on the release notes i immediately thought that someone would open a thread about it asap.

hehe

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    Call me crazy but this might turnout good just yet. I will wait and see how it works out.
    Now that I rethink about it... Maybe...maybe... Needs some careful planning and possibly high skills to play a quest underlevel though...

Oh well...

Turbine knows our opinions on how bad it sucks but doesn't seem to care because the rabid casuals want us nerfed, the casual flower sniffers seem to think it will help them instead of hurting them too for some unknown reason from crazy land.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    Turbine knows our opinions on how bad it sucks but doesn't seem to care because the rabid casuals want us nerfed, the casual flower sniffers seem to think it will help them instead of hurting them too for some unknown reason from crazy land.
    http://www.he-manreviewed.com/wp-con...er-Sniffer.png

The rabid flower sniffer I am!

(also, as multipl TR on ym way to completionist, I am glad for this - fits my game style Once Elite and move on much better. Thx Turbine)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    ... the rabid casuals want us nerfed ...
    Don't worry, I'm certain some rabid hardcore player will post a new 2-3 day TR plan before long and this topic will run out of steam.

Community Member

This change will help me out tremendously, but i am not wanting to see anyone nerfed. Liking how the change impacts me doesn't mean i want you nerfed. it just means I like the change.

Community Member

I love this change, thank you devs.

Speaking of someone who hates to grind quests more than once, and will generally try to only run each quest once on elite....

Thank you for what is basically a permanent +20% exp bonus to me.

Hopefully this will flesh out the LFM panel, but regardless, the change is good and really helps me.

Does this also mean that in built repear penalties are effectively wiped on existing toons?

I, too, love this change as far as I understand it. What I am not clear on, based on the wording of the release notes, is does the XP ever get back up to 100% again? (Excluding first run bonuses of course.)
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bogenbroom View Post
    I, too, love this change as far as I understand it. What I am not clear on, based on the wording of the release notes, is does the XP ever get back up to 100% again? (Excluding first run bonuses of course.)
    Well it get's back 50% xp every 18 hours so in at most 2 days it'll be back to 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandir View Post
    Well it get's back 50% xp every 18 hours so in at most 2 days it'll be back to 100%.
    Okay, I wasn't sure how they were doing that math, because adding 50% to that bottom 20% would, actually, bring it up to 30%. Then 45% at the next iteration, etc.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Which is why this is an excellent update. I'm really hoping it will breathe a bit of variety into the LFM panel, rather than seeing the same "farming X quest" stuff over and over.

Heresy I tells you !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast