Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    as per the release notes...
    So if someone passes their scraps to you... they effectively screw you out of being able to re-roll your loot...
    Seems to me this is something that should have been identified before this was even rolled out.
    Solution: declare "I'm gonna re-roll this" to your party - scraps can be passed after the re-roll is done, right?

Meanwhile, I expect the bigger problem will be this (as my son, the Beta tester, noticed): no confirmation if you accidentally hit the re-roll button. Unless they changed it in the past couple of days, once you hit the button, you've spent the shards.
    Last edited by alancarp; 08-19-2013 at 12:49 PM.

While this new feature does open the door to allow someone else to prevent you from "re-rolling" the following does come to mind...

• be courteous to other players - Ask them if they want something to be passed to them, they can communicate when they are ready
    • those who feel griefing is fun will do this regardless - The problem is that only those that will use this option will only notice if they want to re-roll.
    • Find a better class of people to run quests with

Maybe a notification is needed - or the coding should be changed to allow a reroll on only loot you got from your original roll.

Honestly though the reality is that there aren't many chests worth the re-roll on.

Maybe if you are Torc Farming or on a loot bonus Tome farming but on the vast majority of chests one pile 'o vendor trash is the same as another.

I am far more worried that I might accidentally re-roll on a drop I liked (say a tome or the Ring of Spell Storing) than I am that someone might pass me something that stops me from re-rolling that +2 Illusion Focus Heavy Pick of Maiming into a +1 Ghost Touch Greatsword of Tendon Slice.

Griefing .. possibly but far less of a possibility than MANY other options still in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ericrd View Post
    so spending time with family instead of grinding items = dumb to you?
    Nowhere in his post did he say anything about grinding time and taking away free time with family.

Besides, you dictate your own time to play and not Turbine, WB, or anyone else. If grinding for items is taking up your other personal time doing other things than it might be a good idea to prioritize life a bit better.

The chest reroll is just another money grab idea by Turbine/WB. some will spend real life money and some won't. Its basically saying if you don't like your chest loot you can spend AS on another chance. Be sure to hover over it and the advertisement will direct you to the DDO store and how can get shards. Be sure not to accidentally click on it when you just want to grab your loot and go either.

So what happens if my friend wants to reroll and I pulled something out already ?
    Real join date: Update 7

So long as he hasn't and you haven't passed him anything then nothing.

Once his roll has been changed in any way then he can't re-roll.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

HAHHAH... yeah um look I don't know what terrible game you came over from to play DDO but you stand a better chance of walking outside and getting hit by a passing 1941 Stude with hover jets and lasers affixed to it, driven by someone from the future than being griefed by this in DDO.

The premise of this thread is utterly howlingly preposterous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironclans_evil_twin View Post
    HAHHAH... yeah um look I don't know what terrible game you came over from to play DDO but you stand a better chance of walking outside and getting hit by a passing 1941 Stude with hover jets and lasers affixed to it, driven by someone from the future than being griefed by this in DDO.

The premise of this thread is utterly howlingly preposterous.
    I beg to differ. DDO has confirmation screens for recalling from quests, for looting and equipping bound loot, for buying stuff off the AH, and multiple confirmation screens for TRing, but they cant have a confirmation screen for rerolling or passing loot?
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member Ironclans_evil_twin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    I beg to differ. DDO has confirmation screens for recalling from quests, for looting and equipping bound loot, for buying stuff off the AH, and multiple confirmation screens for TRing, but they cant have a confirmation screen for rerolling or passing loot?
    Why did you quote me? Nothing you wrote bares any connection to what I wrote? And are you sure you're arguing in the right thread? You want to make someone confirm a loot reassign? okay i guess. seems like a waste of coding just to avoid a griefing situation that is preposterously unlikely but what ever.

Personally I'd rather they put a confirmation on the actual loot reroll, maybe they can do both, one to avoid the common situation of accidentally re-rolling, and one to make Paranoid nutters who think everyones going to suddenly WILDLY REASSIGN LOOT ON THE OFF CHANCE THEY CAN GRIEF SOMEONE WHO WAS GOING TO RE-ROLL bwahh hahahahah LM*AO I'm sorry I can't get through that sentence without feeling silly even saying it.
    Last edited by Ironclans_evil_twin; 08-19-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12