Default Question about Extraplanar Minining Challenge

I finally got around to purchasing the Cannith Challenges Pack,and have a question about the Challenge Extraplanar Mining: Buying Time. The end time rewards, Mephits Wings, are ingredients for the Level 8 Calomel Scimitar, which I want for my Druid. However, you have to be Level 12 to get into the challenge. What gives?
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

Community Member

Does seem rather odd, doesn't it?

I think the level ranges are for the CR of the instance; you can still go in even if you are level 8. If you get a group in the 8-10 range you'd probably do okay.

Also, check the challenge traders for a trade-in option. All of the ingredients have an option to trade 2 of one for 1 of another, but only a few combinations exist. You might find that you can get wings that way, if the other ingredient is easier to farm.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    Also, check the challenge traders for a trade-in option. All of the ingredients have an option to trade 2 of one for 1 of another, but only a few combinations exist. You might find that you can get wings that way, if the other ingredient is easier to farm.
    That's right. To get Mephit Wings you can also trade in the charms from Kobold Island: Disruption.