Default +2 Tomes from Favor

Only 2 days ago I remembered I would get a +2 tome of my choice as a favor reward from the Drow guy in the Harbor.

Great for 1st life toons, but by the time I reached this favor, my TRd toon already had all stats with a +2 inherent bonus. So I got a useless BtC +2 tome.

Couldn't that tome be BtA? At least I could swap them for my other toons who needed the most.
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Quote Originally Posted by msdesign View Post
    Only 2 days ago I remembered I would get a +2 tome of my choice as a favor reward from the Drow guy in the Harbor.

Great for 1st life toons, but by the time I reached this favor, my TRd toon already had all stats with a +2 inherent bonus. So I got a useless BtC +2 tome.

Couldn't that tome be BtA? At least I could swap them for my other toons who needed the most.
    go crafting hall, and say to the girl "i woul like to trade essences"

this way u put the tome and get some ings for high lvl shards
    psykopeta - hoarding pl, for the sake of hoarding, the day i become ubercompletionist will be because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS i'm not a pro, maybe if i reincarnate in RL...

Rather than bound to account would rather see it based on TR. So a 1st lifer still gets a +2, 1st TR gains a +3 upgrade tome and 2nd TR+ a +4 upgrade tome......May be a little overpowered due to the ease of getting to 1750 these days but anything would be better than the current system
    Leader of Shrodingers Cat Support Group a Husband and Wife guild on Orien.
    Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Sir Winston Churchill

All that needs to be done is expanding the reward list, much as was done with Argo favor rewards. Now that we have them in the game, adding an XP token to the list would be ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Community Member adam1oftheround's Avatar

Default More options

I like this idea, add a plus 3 tome for second lifers, xp pots, or anything that will still be useful after the 6th TR.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by adam1oftheround View Post
    I like this idea, add a plus 3 tome for second lifers, xp pots, or anything that will still be useful after the 6th TR.
    Or let the reward selection be based on the character stats. If all stats have +2 inherent, then offer +3's. This will account for tomes that drop in quests, too.
    http://myaccount.turbine.com

Je ne suis pas
    DDO Alpha Tester

Quote Originally Posted by Tscheuss View Post
    Or let the reward selection be based on the character stats. If all stats have +2 inherent, then offer +3's. This will account for tomes that drop in quests, too.
    Hmm. The problem is that people could just buy +2s and get '6 lives ahead'.
    All the more of an issue on tome value/rarity if applied to drops.

Definitely has merit however, if a way to balance it is worked in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

They could also offer +2 Skill tomes.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Community Member

Or +2 to +3 upgrade tomes.

While you're at it, Devs, could you please give us something to do with upgrade tomes that we don't need?
    UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

Earth and and full time at work: I move 400 lb stainless steel Refrigerators with ease!

Once we no longer need them the only option we have is to turn them into crafting tools.

I suggest instead, the option to turn them in toward an Event counter, much like CCove. Once the counter is reached the server gets an ok and the event starts 7 days from said counter being met, this way friends can tell friends and we can ask for the time off from work so we can par take in it.

This could take months and months, but it would be cool to live in the suspense of it all. The event would be picked at random by the devs.

Community Member

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Garix View Post
    Rather than bound to account would rather see it based on TR. So a 1st lifer still gets a +2, 1st TR gains a +3 upgrade tome and 2nd TR+ a +4 upgrade tome......May be a little overpowered due to the ease of getting to 1750 these days but anything would be better than the current system
    I see where you're going with this but instead of every life maybe every other life?Ex. (free tome 1st life) Life one: +2tome//Life two: no tome//Life three: +3tome//Life four: No tome//Life five: +4tome//Life six: No tome//Life seven: Tome of Learning (To help TRs level up faster). Or maybe every 3 lifes getting one free on your 1st life
    Last edited by Demonhalf5; 08-30-2013 at 03:12 PM.

A complete overhaul of the favor rewards needs to be done. For multi TRs, there's only a handful of favor rewards worth getting. When tomes carried over on TRs, that about killed the 1750 favor. Whatever change, if ever, is made devs need to keep in mind of new players and vets and also some rewards that can be useful by all classes.

Community Member

Gah! See this is the problem when you are nice to people. How can anyone complain about someone giving them a gift? You people should be somewhat ashamed of yourselves.

Thank you devs for the free stuff!