Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    146

    Default Please help with a TWF Barb...

    I'm waiting on my TR Barb to get transferred from my other server (coming back after a 2 year hiatus, and boy has this game changed!)

    Anyways, I'm not paying $29 to transfer over my non TR barb, but I can't find any of the builds I used to have.

    Would love it if anybody here can help me with a fun barb build

    Here's the outline

    Human
    Barb
    TWF
    Khopesh? - my last TWF barb had his dual greensteal khopeshs made and swinging them at lvl 14 or 16. It was a lot of fun. Not sure if it's still viable.

  2. #2
    Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,311

    Default Crit Range TWF Barb

    Here is one that you might like:

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

    Take a look at this link and look under the melee's at the TWF Crit Ranged Barb
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

    Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

    Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehawke View Post
    Here is one that you might like:

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

    Take a look at this link and look under the melee's at the TWF Crit Ranged Barb
    If I'm already lvl 6 barb and have taken TWF and Oversize TWF how should I level the rest?

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    616

    Default as for the character transfer ...

    Quote Originally Posted by lherndo View Post
    I'm waiting on my TR Barb to get transferred from my other server (coming back after a 2 year hiatus, and boy has this game changed!)

    Anyways, I'm not paying $29 to transfer over my non TR barb, but I can't find any of the builds I used to have.

    Would love it if anybody here can help me with a fun barb build

    Here's the outline

    Human
    Barb
    TWF
    Khopesh? - my last TWF barb had his dual greensteal khopeshs made and swinging them at lvl 14 or 16. It was a lot of fun. Not sure if it's still viable.
    Have a look at the recently renewed character transfer. I think the devs mentioned that you can get one for free, if you spend some money in the DDO store recently (so if you returned and bought the Xpack, or TP or a VIP subscription you should qualify), it might help you transfer that character afterall.

  5. #5
    Community Member SiliconShadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lherndo View Post
    If I'm already lvl 6 barb and have taken TWF and Oversize TWF how should I level the rest?
    You want the whole twf line so do you have the 17 dex required? (14 with +3 tome)

    You want toughness, IC Slashing and skip Khopesh, just aim for Adaxus at the moment, lv12 version is amazing lv2x version is 10~15 points more dmg.

    It's basically a x4 20crit weapon.

    You really want cleave, great cleave, power attack and overwhelming critical as well. However I don't think your feats will be enough for this if you are going pure barbarian (This is why they tend to be part ranger to dump dex and free up feats)

    Also for destines use legendary dreadnought or primal avatar NOT fury as fury doesnt play well with twf. For critical focus and if you can work it for cleave+great cleave + PA then definitely go Legendary Dreadnought + Occult Slayer.

    Another option to get your feats is to add in two fighter levels now, this will also open up the lower kensai abilities for you giving you an extra +2 hit and +2 damage.

    IF I was planning this from scratch I would aim for 11 ranger for the full line or put in a little fighter to make up the feats and optimise barbarian. While a Barbarian twf is nice you tend to lose more from going full barb than dropping some barbarian and taking another class to make up the feats.
    "(Party): [Party] Mislabeled: you were killed by Qrazydirections"

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconShadow View Post
    You want the whole twf line so do you have the 17 dex required? (14 with +3 tome)

    You want toughness, IC Slashing and skip Khopesh, just aim for Adaxus at the moment, lv12 version is amazing lv2x version is 10~15 points more dmg.

    It's basically a x4 20crit weapon.

    You really want cleave, great cleave, power attack and overwhelming critical as well. However I don't think your feats will be enough for this if you are going pure barbarian (This is why they tend to be part ranger to dump dex and free up feats)

    Also for destines use legendary dreadnought or primal avatar NOT fury as fury doesnt play well with twf. For critical focus and if you can work it for cleave+great cleave + PA then definitely go Legendary Dreadnought + Occult Slayer.

    Another option to get your feats is to add in two fighter levels now, this will also open up the lower kensai abilities for you giving you an extra +2 hit and +2 damage.

    IF I was planning this from scratch I would aim for 11 ranger for the full line or put in a little fighter to make up the feats and optimise barbarian. While a Barbarian twf is nice you tend to lose more from going full barb than dropping some barbarian and taking another class to make up the feats.
    I do have 17 dex (but I didn't use a tome but this is really my 3rd alt once my other two guys get transferred so not too big of a deal)

    Could I just take my next two lvls of ranger? Will it let me pick a different feat since it will try to grant me TWF and I already have it? If not do you think the two lvls of fighter would be better? I'm okay losing the kophesh, but like I said, this is my 3rd alt so I was shooting for a little flavor since my main alt is already a THF barbarian.

    Thanks for the input so far.

  7. #7
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    14,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lherndo View Post
    Could I just take my next two lvls of ranger? Will it let me pick a different feat since it will try to grant me TWF and I already have it?
    Unfortunately not. But what you could do is swap TWF for something else just before taking rgr 2. I'd also drop OTWF; the to-hit bonus is unnecessary and, as you'll soon see, pure barbs are feat-starved...

    The basics for a TWF barb haven't changed much. Feat-wise, you still want TWF/ITWF/GTWF, Power Atk, Improved Crit, Cleave/GC/Overwhelming Crit, and Perfect TWF (ED feat); also khopesh or b.sword prof if you plan to use either. Stat-wise, you need enough base DEX (w/tome) for the TWF chain, max STR, rest into CON.

    The first question is: pure or splashed? I'm underwhelmed by the new barb capstones, although staying pure still gets you Mighty Rage, +1 Rage, +1 DR, and +1% Dodge (IUD). But the most common splashes are rogue (UMD + Evasion) or rgr or ftr (extra feats + Haste Boost). Also intriguing would be druid 2: this gets you Ram's Might (to offset losing Mighty Rage), Beguile, and Vengeful Hunter; it also lets you add Emp Heal to combine w/Rejuv Cocoon. [I'd like Fatal Harrier, but that takes druid 3.]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload