Community Member

Default How to adapt to a post-U19 game - where to start learning the new system?

Hi all,

I was thinking... we're supposed to get the LR+20, yes. But, at least I am not quite sure how to best use it, at least not RIGHT away.

So... what kind of builds are likely to be useful for trying out the new enhancements WITHOUT using that up, and which are not? For those of us with several toons, that is.

I mean, clerics and paladins for example are supposed to get new bonus feats that don't show up retroactively, so that's two classes that need to reincarnate/reroll already? Any others?

Rangers are likely to have feats for old PrE prerequisites, may not be optimal in the new system but possibly not useless... at least more useful than Weapon Focus on warchanters, anyway?

Hm... I have a few pure or mostly-pure rogues that apparently would at most swap Toughness for something else, those might be good for learning the new interface... I think... although the dwarf acrobat may require a bit more than that...

And then again some people have already been very busy with new-system build plans. I noticed EllisDee37 has updated several of his(?), for example - thanks for that.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of 3 more DDO players so far (I do have more children than that).

Community Member

i'm planning to mess about with enhancements for a while before cashing in on any of my +20LR's.

after tinkering in lama land my sword and board paly tank is due to get better, so i wont LR him initially as i focus on fine tuning the new enhancements. the freebie feats wont break my build as it stands, and when i know how i want to finalise him then i can LR and make use of those feats and maybe some skils swaps about to boost my self healing

i am a little concerned about my rogue, i TRed him previously to get more CON for more HP, now he's losing HP from the lack of toughness enhancements, and it looks like i might need to mix assassin in on a mechanic build. i still wont LR him though, i'll take him back to cap as he is then mess with enhancements at cap before making my final choice.

so, TL;DR there is no need to jump on the LR token, just tinker with things, play with the new system then LR when you have a better idea on how you want your skills, feats and attributes to mesh with the new system (or indeed to follow any new builds that pop up)

your characters will be playable from day 1 without the LR, you can optimise later
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperAlexEU View Post
    so, TL;DR there is no need to jump on the LR token, just tinker with things, play with the new system then LR when you have a better idea on how you want your skills, feats and attributes to mesh with the new system (or indeed to follow any new builds that pop up)

your characters will be playable from day 1 without the LR, you can optimize later
    +1

I didn't mess with the new system on Lamma Land so I will do exactly what Reaper says and just playing with it and learning it before using my free stone to "fix" everything (I use "fix" in a very loose term here btw). To say I am not worried about my toons would be a lie but part of me is really looking forward to the enhancement pass and waiting to see new builds that emerge that are as good (if not better) than ones previously. We as a species don't like change (that is a proven fact) but life throws constant changes at us and MMO's have to adapt/change/grow/whatever to compete with their competitors, yes we may not like it at the time but eventually the dust settles and the boffins find things that work well together and the new generation of uber builds comes along.

Stoner81.

your characters will be playable from day 1 without the LR, you can optimise later
    To add to this, since new players might not know about it, there's a copy character tool using which you can copy any of your existing toons on lamma. Now use your free +20 stone/ or TR if that's your plan post expansion on the toon. There's a guy over there who gives you free xp so that you can level up without actually playing.

What I did for my main toons was take them to lamma and TR them as per what I'd planned for their next life (a new player would use the +20 heart at this point). I now took levels and played quests at key levels. For eg, you can stop at 10/11 and a quest on von. Then stop at 15ish and do an elite quest on sands, etc. This lets you know how exactly your toon is going to perform in the new system. I played 2-3 different builds on each toon till I settled on how I'm going to build them on live on the new system.

Hope this helps

Community Member

Does anyone have a link to a thread that describes the resurrection process? My highest level is 10 so I've never had to go through the steps before. It would be nice to know how it works before I waste a stone and mess up a character.
    Thanks for any help, in advance.

Community Member

Thank you. No wonder I couldn't find it. I was doing searches for the wrong thing. Reincarnation, not resurrection. Seems I get the two confused.

i'm planning to mess about with enhancements for a while before cashing in on any of my +20LR's.
    I couldn't disagree more.

Doing an LR was one of the first things I did. I did the same thing on Lammania - messing with just enhancements - and was wholly discouraged by what I got. After playing with the feats, however, that changed. Some of the enhancements that got lost wound up as feats, and also were expanded.

I'll agree that playing around with the enhancements might be a good idea to see what you're going to get by mixing various trees, but in some cases you will not see a significant change for the better unless you re-do your feats as well.