Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    The key difference is that this paladin has high saves and lower dps.

The kensei warpriest has good dps but horrible saves.
    Thanks for quick reply... And i already start to see the kensai warpriest lack of saves, lol only thing killing me so far are traps!

Community Member

Idiot question from a new player. I thought you could only use evasion in light or no armor. So by taking the 2nd rogue level to get evasion, are you questing in light armor? Or switching back and forth with heavier armor as the need calls for? Am I missing something?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jayshirley View Post
    Idiot question from a new player. I thought you could only use evasion in light or no armor. So by taking the 2nd rogue level to get evasion, are you questing in light armor? Or switching back and forth with heavier armor as the need calls for? Am I missing something?
    Most players dump AC, and rely on Dodge, Concealment (Blur and Displacement), Incorporeal (Ghostly), and to some degree DR and PRR for defense.
    So once you get evasion on this build, you would go robes or light armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    This is the official forum. Wear a thick skin and abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

Exactly.

Way back on my first life I used Crimson Chain, then upgraded to Dragontouched Leather Armor. Once MotU was released I upgraded to Hide of the Goristro.

My AC, PRR and dodge are all pathetically low. His survivability is based on high saves, evasion and an almost ridiculous amount of self-healing thanks to a combination of all the amp, devotion and a torc.

Hi Elllis, do you have a THF mostly Paladin build that is DPS focused? The OP says a nod to DPS. I would like to splash in Fighter or something as long as still mainly Paladin and go with either Cleaver or Breach for some huge crits.
    Conn Niall Paladin 20 TRx2
    Cormac Mac Airt Ranger/Rogue 12/1
    Connyl Niall Paladin 1 Connlyssa Paladin/Fighter 18/2

Quote Originally Posted by noneill View Post
    Hi Elllis, do you have a THF mostly Paladin build that is DPS focused? The OP says a nod to DPS. I would like to splash in Fighter or something as long as still mainly Paladin and go with either Cleaver or Breach for some huge crits.
    DPS focused won't be mostly paladin, unfortunately. 12 fighter is probably the best dps platform to build from, which then unerringly leads to at least 2 and up to 6 monk to get +1 crit multiplier (among other goodies) from earth stance. The last 2 levels could be paladin; a 12/6/2 fighter/monk/pally is quite nice. If you want divine might without burning a twist, 12/6/2 fighter/pally/monk would work well also.

For me, thanks to the raider's box I'm planning on TRing my evasion paladin into a 15/5 pally/rogue acrobat build using sireth. I'm quite looking forward to it, actually, but for now I'm kind of stuck leveling up my non-legend builds during this one month I have VIP to take advantage of elite open.

Even the 15/5 staff build will be suboptimal dps, but I really like pallies and their bluebar healing. If I wanted to make a real dps sireth build I'd probably do something like a 12 fighter/5 rogue/3 monk, strength-based. Yeah, that's the stuff: 11-20x4 *drool*

Community Member

Thanks a lot for the build. I have a lvl 9 TWF Drow paladin. I was wondering if it would make sense to use my lesser reincarnation into this build. Or whether the human enhancements (especially healing amp) were deal breakers and I'd be better off starting a fresh new character?

I only have access to 28 point builds and Drow.

A TWF drow pally is its own thing, and that thing is not overly terrible. Certainly drow synergizes with pally, and pally synergizes with TWF, so I'd say keep him if you have another free character slot to play with.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yinmay View Post
    I have a lvl 9 TWF Drow paladin. I was wondering if it would make sense to use my lesser reincarnation into this build. Or whether the human enhancements (especially healing amp) were deal breakers and I'd be better off starting a fresh new character?
    If you're going TWF drow pally, I recommend rgr 3 instead of ftr; you can get an extra 10% offhand procs from Tempest and can take advantage of Bow STR+Rapid Shot to add PBS+Manyshot. While the a rog splash gets you Evasion while still keeping pal 14 or 15. Feats are tight but should work out: Power Atk, ITWF, GTWF, PBS, Manyshot, Cleave, GC, IC:Pierce or Ranged, Overwhelming Crit, with 1 left over at lvl 27.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    DPS focused won't be mostly paladin, unfortunately. 12 fighter is probably the best dps platform to build from, which then unerringly leads to at least 2 and up to 6 monk to get +1 crit multiplier (among other goodies) from earth stance. The last 2 levels could be paladin; a 12/6/2 fighter/monk/pally is quite nice. If you want divine might without burning a twist, 12/6/2 fighter/pally/monk would work well also.

For me, thanks to the raider's box I'm planning on TRing my evasion paladin into a 15/5 pally/rogue acrobat build using sireth. I'm quite looking forward to it, actually, but for now I'm kind of stuck leveling up my non-legend builds during this one month I have VIP to take advantage of elite open.

Even the 15/5 staff build will be suboptimal dps, but I really like pallies and their bluebar healing. If I wanted to make a real dps sireth build I'd probably do something like a 12 fighter/5 rogue/3 monk, strength-based. Yeah, that's the stuff: 11-20x4 *drool*
    Raider's box FTW!!! and i have 2 on this toon to play with But sireth is not my first pick, i have an ESoS... so a THF melee class is what i want... But i always wanted to do a staff build... and yours seems quite nice! Now... imagine that build on a bladeforged!!! arghhhh "stickobot" (copyright on that name BTW, lol)
    Last edited by Choopak; 12-21-2013 at 01:38 AM.

Paladin is one of 2 classes i haven't yet played, the other being favored soul. So i'm going to tr my ranger into a two weapon fighting evasion pally. I'm going to use a drow, should end up with the same amount of heal amp i currently have on my human ranger, and it's plenty for me, (little over 200%).

Since you probably know, i'd like to ask about 2 abilities in the paladin tree. Rally, and holy retribution.

I see that you don't take either of these abilites. What fuels them? Do they use up turns? Holy retribution in particular looks like a pretty darned good ability, with a 6 second cooldown. There must be a catch i don't see. Limited uses, based on turns or something?

My most likely split would be pally 15, monk 3, fighter 2. I think you referred to it as a pyrene build. I haven't actually looked at that build, but i will definitely check it out now that i know how to google it.

Seems like i can get an awful lot of dodge, assuming i take the feat, which i planned to, and the drow ability stacks with the fighter abillity of the same name. Any knowledge of whether they stack or not?

Community Member

I started working on this build, just got to level 6, and the game won't let me pick a spell, saying i have to low ability score.
    As far as I know paladins use their Charisma for spellcasting, and 14 should be enough. I even tried to wear a +4 charisma item, geting me to 18, 14 base+4 item, and still had that same issue.

Am i missing something or is the game broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Asegeir View Post
    I started working on this build, just got to level 6, and the game won't let me pick a spell, saying i have to low ability score.
    As far as I know paladins use their Charisma for spellcasting, and 14 should be enough. I even tried to wear a +4 charisma item, geting me to 18, 14 base+4 item, and still had that same issue.

Am i missing something or is the game broken?
    it's actually wisdom.

Community Member

Hmm... OK. So what abily score do we have to reach? Does item bonus count?

Quote Originally Posted by Asegeir View Post
    Hmm... OK. So what abily score do we have to reach? Does item bonus count?
    10 + spell level. So 11 at level 6 when you first get level 1 spells. Items do count, as do owl's wisdom potions.

Community Member

Thank you very much! That will be easy to solve!

Community Member

Thanks for the builds! I am using this one for my first real try to lv 20. Currently 1/2/12, I am still rather confused with builds for this game, most games there are 1-3 tried and true ways to go while this has so many options. The only problem I have is I think I can be better. I dont want this to sound cocky or anything like that but I have no issue buying things for the game if I want them. If you find time could you possibly list changes for a 32 point build + tomes Just getting to lv 15 I bought a +4 for all stats. I guess like a p2p build. Some equipment advice would be great too!

Was just loking at this build for someone.

I think its a pity to stop at rogue 3, when rogue 4 is essentially +6 dodge. (Uncanny dodge)

Id either drop the dragonmark (even though I recommended it earlier), and go 15paladin, 4rogue, 1fighter

Or go keep it and go 14paladin, 4rogue, 2fighter, losing dw and a smite would be a pain though.

Looking at the options, on a tr life ill be going 14/4/2, for someone planning on playing in epics though, I think a 15/4/1 is a huge defensive boost.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Another interesting variant would be pal 14 / rog 5 / ftr 1 built for staves: rog 5 for rog skills & Acrobat (+15% atk speed, Quick Strike, +1 crit range & multiplier); pal 14 for Zeal, better LoHs, etc.; ftr 1 for extra feat & Extra Action Boost.

Community Member

Default Wis?

So in your build you have 8 wis if I saw that correctly..
    That means you can't cast ANY paladin spells, right?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast