Community Member

Default TWF without taking the feats.

I have multiple past lives. I'm a triple completionist, and have enchant weapon epic past life feats x3.

I want to do a two weapon fighting paladin. Considering the above plfs give me a +6 to hit, do I really need to take all three of the two weapon fighting feats?

What effect would it have to just skip them altogether?

Quote Originally Posted by skaught78 View Post
    I have multiple past lives. I'm a triple completionist, and have enchant weapon epic past life feats x3.

I want to do a two weapon fighting paladin. Considering the above plfs give me a +6 to hit, do I really need to take all three of the two weapon fighting feats?

What effect would it have to just skip them altogether?
    For someone whom has all those past lives u sure r un informed . TWFING feats give off hand chance so with out the twfing feats....u will be doing half the damage. So a build with all the feats will get 8-10 attacks , u will get 5 with out.
    Most ppl call me Az. Captains crew on G-land.

Community Member

two-weapon fighting line of feats reduces the penalties to hit when wielding two weapons.
    however, this is fairly minor benefit

the main thing is that it increases your chance to proc off-hand attacks

without TWF: 20% chance to attack with offhand whenever you strike with main hand weapon
    TWF: 40%
    ITWF: 60%
    GTWF: 80%

http://ddowiki.com/page/Two_Weapon_Fighting

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Irongutz2000 View Post
    For someone whom has all those past lives u sure r un informed . TWFING feats give off hand chance so with out the twfing feats....u will be doing half the damage. So a build with all the feats will get 8-10 attacks , u will get 5 with out.
    I've always found a lot of information difficult to find, and the wiki is often somewhat vague. A lot of the mechanics are complex and difficult to find clear answers to.

So the offhand chance has nothing to do with attack bonuses then?

Community Member KomradKillMachine's Avatar

Stonepletionist.

I've always found a lot of information difficult to find, and the wiki is often somewhat vague. A lot of the mechanics are complex and difficult to find clear answers to.

only if you use an oversized weapon in the offhand (basically--non-light).
    Quote Originally Posted by KomradKillMachine View Post
    Stonepletionist.
    That is not a fair judgement. There are game mechanics people sometimes just avoid. People aiming for multiple past lives may choose one form of combat (like THF) and just vary it. I personally do not do casters--despite playing this game for nearly six years I am ignorant about arcane & divine classes.

OTOH I have played stealthy builds and monk-based throwers.
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!

Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

As others have said what you are losing by not taking the TWF feats is the off-hand percentage.

Using a light off-hand weapon will further reduce the issue of To-Hit penalty but without increasing the off-hand chance to hit your off-hand weapon becomes more a place to hold effects for the main hand.

I would look at your feat choices and attributes to see how you can at least qualify for the Improved Two Weapon Fighting (Dex 17 Base + Tome). Or at least get Two Weapon Fighting.

Is the Dexterity requirement the part you feel you won't be able to meet?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Correct. Without the TWF line, you don't get +60% offhand proc chance (20% -> 80%) so your DPS will be significantly worse.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Two_Weapon_Fighting
    After Update 5, an off-hand attack would have a chance to proc on any main hand attack now, instead of being predetermined on certain attacks. The default chance to proc an off-hand attack is 20%.

Two Weapon Fighting increases the chance to proc an off-hand attack by 20%, bringing the total chance to 40%. Having more TWF feats increases the percentage chance of proccing an off-hand attack by 20% per feat, to a max of 80% with Greater Two Weapon Fighting. The first and fourth steps of the Tempest enhancements core abilities can increase the chance by 10% each, as can the Deft Strikes and Meditation of War (in Wind Stance) Shintao enhancements. However, there's no benefit of having more than a 100% off-hand strike chance.
    Revisiting the Classics: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard
    Other build threads: Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

If you really wanted to play with technical stuff...you could take one level of ranger and then take the tempest first core enhancement which will give you TWF free. If you then take 1 level of monk, Shintao offers Deft strikes so for another 4 AP you can add +10% offhand. Together, without taking any TWF feats, you could hence have 50% offhand strikes.

I don't think this is what you are looking for, but just speaking technically.
    ROGUE Part QUATRE: Prove your Stealth Skills!

Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist), Naerfelka (farmer)

Default Why the Grief?

What the hell is wrong with people? Dude asked a simple question. Either answer or don't.

We don't need dirt bags in this community; It thrives on all the great people that love sharing knowledge and their builds. Also Heroic Completionist doesn't really require a heck of a lot of specific character needs. It can be done casually by simply playing the game.

Lay of the OP and keep it friendly. Most games don't have forums as active as ours, don't turn people away.