Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada,Ontario, GTA
    Posts
    6,819

    Default

    Lol LSD that last point is a good one

    Hmmm...didn't think of CSW though...so its a though ill leave that up to the player its a small enough change that I can do it on the spot. As for not having evasion this is a heavy armor s&b build evasion never factored in...shield deflection on the other hand did....my god with some skill thats an amazing feat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    Hmmm...didn't think of CSW though...so its a though ill leave that up to the player its a small enough change
    You'll get better healing from 15 pally and no ranger than 14 pally with 1 ranger.

    EDIT: For context, upgrading from cure moderate to cure serious is the same effect as adding an extra 49% healing amplification for cure spells only.

  3. #23
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada,Ontario, GTA
    Posts
    6,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    You'll get better healing from 15 pally and no ranger than 14 pally with 1 ranger.

    EDIT: For context, upgrading from cure moderate to cure serious is the same effect as adding an extra 49% healing amplification for cure spells only.
    It was between range TWO and paladin 15, im suggesting 15pally/fighter4/ranger1 but the player was really excited about getting Vigor from DwS tier 2 so thats why despite my suggestions its more up to the player. (I'm continuing assuming 15/4/1 though)

    Like this:

    Code:
    Lawful Good Pally15/PDK4/Ranger1 (Unyielding Sentinel)
    
    Dex 12
    Con 14
    Int 14
    Cha 18 (Lvl-ups here)
    
    Skills: Concen, Intim, Balance, UMD, Jump
    
    Level Order:  F-PP-R-PPPP-FFF-PPPPPPPPP
    
    Feats 
    
    1 Shield Mastery
    F1 CE
    3 Quicken
    6 Empower Healing
    9 ISM
    F9 Dodge
    F11 Mobility
    12 IC: Slashing
    15 Spring Attack
    18 Extend
    ED Unyielding Sentinel
    21 Whirlwind
    24 Bulwark of Defense
    26 Holy Strike
    27 Blinding Speed
    28 ESP: Positive
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-05-2013 at 12:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    the player was really excited about getting Vigor from DwS tier 2
    Well, one advantage of lesser vigor (the sla is lesser, not regular) is that you can get it with your 2nd ranger level, which can be much earlier than pally 15 if you want it earlier.

    On my original tempest trapmonkey, since he needed to take spring attack for the tempest prestige I decided to experiment with his epic feats and took combat expertise and whirlwind attack @ 21 & 24. I'd read bad things about whirlwind, but decided to try it for myself. Nope, they were right: whirlwind attack pretty much blows. Once the enhancement pass rolled around I gladly dropped all FIVE feats devoted to whirlwind.

    Dodge could still be worthwhile, but mobility, spring attack, combat expertise and whirlwind attack were easy drops. Your build can clearly benefit from combat expertise, and I get the dodge, but I'd much rather have power attack, cleave and great cleave than mobility, spring attack and whirlwind. I'd probably then drop dodge or extend for overwhelming critical.

  5. #25

    Default

    Looking at when you take which levels, here are a few things to consider:

    - Normally I'd say ranger @ 1 for the skill points but that doesn't work with iconics. If ever you do a non-iconic version, go with ranger @ 1.
    - Ranger 1's biggest benefit is devotion for cure spells, but pallies don't get cure spells until level 4. Since you have to go iconic @ 1, it's probably best to wait until at least 4 pally levels before taking ranger.
    - Pally 6 can give you ghost touch on all weapons. If you opt for this -- which is extremely nice for leveling -- the big undead level is 7, when you start running necropolis 1 and the first delera's quest for bravery. Lots of incorporeals in both.

    So I might go 1 pdk, 6 pally, 1 ranger, then whatever the rest of the way.

  6. #26
    The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Canada,Ontario, GTA
    Posts
    6,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Looking at when you take which levels, here are a few things to consider:

    - Normally I'd say ranger @ 1 for the skill points but that doesn't work with iconics. If ever you do a non-iconic version, go with ranger @ 1.
    - Ranger 1's biggest benefit is devotion for cure spells, but pallies don't get cure spells until level 4. Since you have to go iconic @ 1, it's probably best to wait until at least 4 pally levels before taking ranger.
    - Pally 6 can give you ghost touch on all weapons. If you opt for this -- which is extremely nice for leveling -- the big undead level is 7, when you start running necropolis 1 and the first delera's quest for bravery. Lots of incorporeals in both.

    So I might go 1 pdk, 6 pally, 1 ranger, then whatever the rest of the way.
    That's actually a really good idea, I've been looking at glorious stand for Pally 18 (so it would be Pally18/PDK1/Ranger1) it seems like it could be pretty awesome, has anyone use it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload