If you have not already read
, go read it before you continue. It is very well written with lots of detail and I'm not going to repeat information that already has an excellent write up. Due to differences in priorities and playstyle, I did end up making some different choices. Now that I have ran the build up to 28 and done my first epic reinc (yeah, I'm slow and easily distracted), I wanted to update this post with my thoughts and findings.
Originally Posted by cdr
GrandMaster Scourge - Palemaster AoV Shiradi
This is my survivalist (translate... dump DC casting) take on a palemaster shiradi. If you are on Thelanis and pug EE's, Shammuh has probably ran with you.
The concept of this build is a highly survivable toon with high saves, evsion, good melee avoidance and sustainable dps. This build can be done on a first life even without tomes (although more build points and tomes obviously help).
Warforge 16 Wiz/2 Monk/2 FVS
2 Monk provides nice class saves, movement speed, dodge, evasion, 2 extra feats and the Henshin mystic core 1.
2 FVS provides mana procs, crit chance, spell power and some nice class saves.
Alignment: Lawful Good or Lawful Neutral
Enough into dex so that your tome (if any) will get you to 13.
Rest into con.
Enough into con to reach 21 after the tome points (if any).
Rest into int.
With a 36 point build and +3 tomes, you can max int/con and put all levelups into int.
I switched to int for levelups not because I suddenly care about DCs, but because I gravitated towards being reflex save freak. From a survival standpoint, more reflex seemed to help more than a small increase in hitpoints.
Enlarge - For the force SLAs, this is amazing, especially in EE2 Monk Bonus
Adept of Forms
Master of Forms - This must be the lvl 12 or 15 feat
Gransmaster of Forms - This must be the lvl 18 feat
Toughness4 Wiz Bonus
Dodge - If you have enough dodge from other sources, deflect arrows is a viable alternative
Improved Mental Toughness
Epic ToughnessI haven't tested the level 28 feat much... There is no required combat between the fatesinger and the reinc room.
Epic Mental Toughness
Epic fail to remember what the 5th feat was
Elusive Target - but no point for now, I'm 28 then... I'm not
SpellcraftPut the rest wherever you want, but it is a lot of points just to cover the basics
Heal (for neg energy)
Repair (for when you aren't in wraith form)
Perform (Several Shiradi Proc's are sonic damage)
Warforged (1 points)
Core 1 - Improved Fort (1 point)Angel of Vengence (17 points)
Core 1 - Font of Power (1 point)Pale Master (21 points)
Teir 1 - Scourge (3 points)
Teir 1 - Smiting (2 points)
Teir 1 - Angelic Resistance (3 points)
Teir 2 - Smiting (2 points)
Teir 2 - Just Reward (3 points)
Core 1 - 4ArchMage (32 points)
Tier 1 Deathless Vigor (6 points)
Tier 1 Negative Energy Conduit (3 points)
Teir 1 Spell Crit Neg (2 points)
Teir 1 Skeletal Knight (2 points)
Teir 2 Spell Crit Neg (2 points)
Teir 3 Spell Crit Neg (2 points)
Core 1 MM SLAEldritch Knight (11 points)
Core 2 Gust SLA
Core 3 Chain Missile SLA
Core 4 Fire Shield
Teir 1 Spell Crit Elemental and Force (2 points)
Teir 1 Traditionalist Caster (3 points)
Teir 1 Wand and Scroll Mastery (1 point, filler)
Teir 2 Improved Quickening (4 Points, mostly just filler)
Teir 2 Spell Crit Elemental and Force (2 points)
Teir 3 Spell Crit Elemental and Force (2 points)
Teir 3 Intelligence (2 points)
Teir 4 Spell Crit Elemental and Force (2 points)
Teir 4 Intelligence (2 points)
Teir 5 Arcane Supremecy (2 points)
Core 1 Henshin Mystic (1 point)
Teir 1 Battle Mage (3 points)
Teir 1 Improved Mage Armor (3 points)
Teir 2 Improved Shield (3 points)
- Wraith form: Immunities and extra melee avoidance. I like the constant regen, and neg energy burst has been enough of an emergency heal. By being warfoged, I always have the option to drop wraith form if there is too much light damage being thrown around.
- Arcane supremacy: For me, this is a must. It somewhat reliable to fire every time I wait just a bit and then start spamming... AKA, boss/end fights. I don't mind the random nature and I love the big numbers. It was a big help leveling in heroics, and it allowed me to do very well in EE kill counts even when I'm not in shiradi.
- Ninja Spy and the warforged points: Both of these trees don't help my spell power. I put one point in warforgd in case I'm outside wraith form (very very rare). 25% incorp is better than 3% more dodge, EK takes care of arcane spell failure. I have been very happy with this shift.
- What is optional?: For this build, not much... AP is tight. 21 is the minimum to get wraith form, 32 is the minimum to get arcane supremecy, 10 is the minum to get mana procs and both FVS criticals. That leaves 17 to toy with. The one point in henshin mystic is a great buy, and 6 points in EK to remove arcane spell failure is a better deal than spending the points in warforged.
Primary Desinty: Shiradi
Points / Desc
2 Stay frosty (I sometimes twist this when leveling other destinies)
3 Wild Shot (this is great! buggy, but great!)
3 Fey Form
2 Double Rainbow
2 Elemental Absorption (wish I had more points here)
3 In the Weeds
3 Nerve Toxin
2 Audience with the Queen
Lots of ways to do this, this is just how I did it
I almost always use the following twists
Energy Burst, Boulder Toss, Unearthly reactions.
For FOT raids, I sometimes swap out unearthly reactions for electric damage shield from draconic
Build Highlights from previous life:
- Solo cleared EE study in sable to the end boss 2nd time I ever ran it. First time was solo EH run
- Tanked EH Lord of blades
- Many many EE groups, always in the top half for kill count
Nothing really video worthy yet, but I have ran it enough to say it is a very solid build.
THE EAT CROW SECTION
Here are things I've changed my mind on since my original build post:
- Epic Reflex - When I read CDRs post that chose this feat, I thought he was nuts... Once I did that, every time I died rolling a 1... I realized how right he was.
- Hellball/Ruin - My original post picked these feats, but tetween the shiradi pew pew and NovaSoul style twist offense... why would I spend 100 sp on that?
- Toss Boulder - I actually posted telling someone there was no need to twist this in a shiradi. I was wrong... I championed toss boulder in the NovaSoul build, I should have known I was wrong. Here is why it is a good twist: 1.) It is nice to have burst DPS 2.) The build goes crazy for impulse spell power and kinetic crit chance... Boulders LOVE that. 3.) You don't have to be in EE mode all the time. A lot of time is spent just doing exp runs in easier content. For that content, having more fire power is good. Energy burst + boulder toss + arcane supremecy is silly fun. 4.) It works in EE? This may not make sense, but when I wasn't in shiradi, this build was powerful enough to jump into the middle of a bunch of EE mobs to take (and survive) the alpha attack, spam chain missle to trigger arcane supremacy and then energy burst/boulder toss to clear most of them. I had several melee toons waiting for the kamakazi wizard to be the first to charge into some crowded rooms.
- Levelups to int - For a long time, I was a fan of level points to con. The extra reflex save and sp helps survival... and yeah, I suppose higher DC isn't a bad thing.