Hero

Default Thank you for making Spell Focus stack with school focus items!

Thank you Turbine devs for making Spell Focus (previously called Spell Focus Mastery) stack with specific school items. This is a step in the right direction for making DC casting effective again!

Pre-U19:
    "Spell Focus Mastery +2: All spells have the DC to resist their effects increased by +2. This bonus does not stack with other item-based spell focus effects."

U19:
    "Spell Focus II: Passive: +2 Equipment Bonus to the DC to resist all of your spells."

Note that Turbine explicitly removed the phrase "This bonus does not stack with other item based spell-focus effects."

Thanks for finally providing a reason to equip Stormreaver's Tablecloth and Twilight. It's about time that spellcasters got a the same treatment as melee who have long benefited from Combat Mastery and a specific tactics bonus (such as Stunning +10) stacking with each other.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

To be nerfed in next partch would be my guess.

I really hope this is WAI. A dev confirmation would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    To be nerfed in next partch would be my guess.
    I doubt it. Turbine specifically removed the "doesn't stack" clause. Someone put specific thought and effort into doing that. The change should have happened a long time ago, once Combat Mastery was introduced to stack with specific tactics bonuses. Casters are finally playing catch up.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    I doubt it. Turbine specifically removed the "doesn't stack" clause. Someone put specific thought and effort into doing that. The change should have happened a long time ago, once Combat Mastery was introduced to stack with specific tactics bonuses. Casters are finally playing catch up.
    Yes but they also added the term "equipment bonus" which likely means it should not stack with any other item that adds an "equipment bonus" to your DC's. I haven't looked at school focus items yet to see how they are worded.

Probably Turbine has no idea what stacks with what so they just remove all references to stacking.