Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Summary:Crit Profile: 17-18/x3, 19-20/x7
    Feedback welcome.
    I'm a little confused by the Crit profile

Clever 20/x3
    IPC 19-20
    Keen edge +1 competence is this stacking with IPC now instead of just adding +1 as Kensii III was prior to U19

if so then woot

Default 9 monk/8 fighter/3 druid variant

I am using a very similar build and it rocks.

IMO taking a third level of druid adds a lot. Fatal harrier is pretty awesome and requires 3 levels of druid. It has great synergy with this build (that can stay perma haste/double strike boosted while in LD) for a number of reasons:
    15% from haste, 30 from haste boost, 25 from fice stacks of fatal harrier = extra 70% attack speed = Fun!
    Gives you another edge when starting up a blitz in a group that will not co opertare/assist or communicate.
    Natures warrior has nice stuff to take so you are not taking any fillers just to get to third tier access.

Regarding ed to take I am a strong advocate of LD. The action hero innate which eliminates the cooldown on your endless boosts is just to great not to have as well as the 50% extra damage on helpless foes.
    Built for blitzing as well. You can fight for your kills if you have no choise but also have the dps and survivability to break off from the party to take on a group of mobs solo and come back to the party with a good few stacks of masters blitz.

Regarding twists, I take them with regard to the party composition. If there are shiradi's/enchanters or even monkchers I know that effectivly use pin/otto's whistler I prefer to take Sense Weakness, other wise I take Standing with Stone. Rejuv cocoon and dance of flowers are always there.
    Officer of the notorious Double Deviants of khyber.
    Costing you 10% xp on
    Goodthings, Goldnblood, Goodmetal, Goldmooon, Goldsunn, Blackart, Catalyster, Lichlordd and Goldlit.

Hero

Fatal Harrier does not stack with the Haste spell or Speed effects.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Fatal Harrier does not stack with the Haste spell or Speed effects.
    I have confirmed that it doesn't stack based on the attack speed indicator on the character sheet, but know that it did previously stack "unofficially" based on animations from another thread discussing Mitwo's build. It was an older thread....did they "stealth" fix this at some point in the last year? I have been less active recently.

With beguile now nerfed is there any viability to put 2 ranger there and get manyshot?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crann View Post
    I have confirmed that it doesn't stack based on the attack speed indicator on the character sheet, but know that it did previously stack "unofficially" based on animations from another thread discussing Mitwo's build. It was an older thread....did they "stealth" fix this at some point in the last year? I have been less active recently.
    Never was meant to stack, however with full stacks was meant to give a greater bonus than haste.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    With beguile now nerfed is there any viability to put 2 ranger there and get manyshot?
    Once you get a 10% Dodge item, you could ditch Mobility. Empower Heal Spell gets replaced by 6 AP in Deepwood Stalker. Toughness @ level 24 was a filler anyway, so there are the feat slots you need for Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot and Manyshot. You won't be centered with a bow, and with the Ninja Training II bug that forces you to use DEX for dmg with bows even if STR if higher, you don't want to be. I think it works in this build as a way to quickly stack up Master's Blitz.
    Last edited by Carpone; 09-02-2013 at 09:18 PM.

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)

Once you get a 10% Dodge item, you could ditch Mobility. Empower Heal Spell gets replaced by 6 AP in Deepwood Stalker. Toughness @ level 24 was a filler anyway, so there are the feat slots you need for Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot and Manyshot. You won't be centered with a bow, and with the Ninja Training II bug that forces you to use DEX for dmg with bows even if STR if higher, you don't want to be. I think it works in this build as a way to quickly stack up Master's Blitz.
    Just curious if with the changes you like the 9 Fighter/9 Monk/2 Ranger (with ManyShot) more than the original 9 Fighter/9 Monk/2 Druid.

Also curious what changes you would make if doing this on a first lifer 32-point Human (or PDK) starting at level 15 with no past lives (PDK would require starting with 1 Fighter instead of Ranger so less initial skills).

In my case I plan to level a duo up from 15 with a PDK Cleric/Fighter so I will have a pocket healer all the way through. Knowing that I will have a healer from 15 on and that I have never played Monks is there a way to be able to use Axes at 15 instead of Monk attacks without gimping the build at the higher levels?

Starting at level 15, what Axes from AH/quests you would recommend until you can get Cleaver?

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Why not take epic spell power positive for your second ED feat instead of toughness? You don't really need the second toughness, especially if you decide to drop mobility for another toughness.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    Why not take epic spell power positive for your second ED feat instead of toughness? You don't really need the second toughness, especially if you decide to drop mobility for another toughness.
    Sure, it's an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Cetus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mezzorco View Post
    Can you explain your 19-20 x7?
    Base is x3, you get 1 from headman's chop -> x4
    Then?
    base 3

1 devastating crit

1 hedamans

1 overwhelming

1 earth stance
    I am curious...

Can you also activate 'Fists of Iron' to get another +1 crit multiplier?

Can you do 'The Trembling Earth' for an additional +2 crit multiplier?

I saw these on the DDO wiki but I don't know if this is still accurate considering U19:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Finishing_Move

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    Yes. I've incorporated it into my build as a way to ki dump against a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    I am curious...

Can you do 'The Trembling Earth' for an additional +2 crit multiplier?

I saw these on the DDO wiki but I don't know if this is still accurate considering U19:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Finishing_Move
    Oh yea, I spam fists of iron like crazy. It greatly favors ESOS, since all crits gain the +1 multiplier, and ESOS goes 12-20 vs cleaver which would be 16-20.

The earth finisher seems to not provide the 2 multiplier, I've played with it and didn't see higher crits on the same roll versus fists of iron - I'm suspecting that its +1 instead of +2.

I could be mistaken though - I started a bug thread on lamannia forums a while back, no confirmation or rebuttal from anyone yet.

Also, it doesn't look like carpone grabbed ninja poison from the ninja spy tree. Its great free damage - getting the full stack is easy, and I've seen it tick as high as 140 every 3 seconds.
    Last edited by Cetus; 09-06-2013 at 07:47 PM.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Hero

Oh yea, I spam fists of iron like crazy. It greatly favors ESOS, since all crits gain the +1 multiplier, and ESOS goes 12-20 vs cleaver which would be 16-20.
    eSoS has a great profile, but it brings up other issues like requiring eClaw to get +4 artifact damage and doesn't provide 15 PRR.

Also, it doesn't look like carpone grabbed ninja poison from the ninja spy tree. Its great free damage - getting the full stack is easy, and I've seen it tick as high as 140 every 3 seconds.
    If you've got the AP for it, Sting of the Ninja is ok. Personally, I'd rather spend the AP elsewhere.

eSoS has a great profile, but it brings up other issues like requiring eClaw to get +4 artifact damage and doesn't provide 15 PRR.

If you've got the AP for it, Sting of the Ninja is ok. Personally, I'd rather spend the AP elsewhere.
    Requires Eclaw? - why?

Wearing 8% doublestrike in bracer slot + EE backstabbers in gloves slot (otherwise, nether grasps if you have an avithoul ring on)> 4 artifact damage. (litany also gives 1 profane damage - so that further squeezes the damage difference, even if you decide to go gloves/trinket instead for claw set - not to mention the opportunity to slot in a really nice random gen trinket to free up any other gear slot that would otherwise have it).

The 15PRR is alright, considering that it translates to a lower % chance damage reduction from the interval you are already sitting at (due to diminishing returns) + the self healing you've already incorporated.

Sting of the Ninja:

For 2 Action points you gain like 30-50 dps, since it ticks for well over a hundred every 3 seconds. I'll take it.
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE

Hero

Requires Eclaw? - why?

Wearing 8% doublestrike in bracer slot + EE backstabbers in gloves slot (otherwise, nether grasps if you have an avithoul ring on)> 4 artifact damage. (litany also gives 1 profane damage - so that further squeezes the damage difference, even if you decide to go gloves/trinket instead for claw set - not to mention the opportunity to slot in a really nice random gen trinket to free up any other gear slot that would otherwise have it).

The 15PRR is alright, considering that it translates to a lower % chance damage reduction from the interval you are already sitting at (due to diminishing returns) + the self healing you've already incorporated.
    And now you don't have 30% healing amp, and you've got to find a slot for Seeker. It's not as straightforward as you make it. If you want to convince people to use eSoS, then provide a complete gear list with Dodge, PRR and Healing Amp calculated.

And now you don't have 30% healing amp, and you've got to find a slot for Seeker. It's not as straightforward as you make it. If you want to convince people to use eSoS, then provide a complete gear list with Dodge, PRR and Healing Amp calculated.
    He does have his gear setup on his thread. Also IIRC he has a heal stick he uses whenever he casts a scroll.

I've got the gear setup listed on my build thread. It doesn't help to claim that I don't have a setup without first looking.

I keep myself up with heal scrolls, so equipping them with a 10/20/30 healing amp stick is how I maximize their efficiency.

If a healer wants to throw an occasional heal on me, I have 15% past lives + 30% from enhancements, plenty to get spot healed.
    YouTube Channel HERE

How much would cocoon heal for without empower? Been reading this build and Cetus's tonight and it seems like taking 2 pally instead of druid would shore up the saves on this build and you could twist in divine might if you wanted. You lose the double strike boost, but gain survivability? I have greataxes so I want to play this build, but the low saves scare me off a bit.

I keep myself up with heal scrolls, so equipping them with a 10/20/30 healing amp stick is how I maximize their efficiency.
    Triple pos greensteel?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast