Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Emerge2012 View Post
    You're right he did post the build and how it was made. Which means you should clearly be able to see that it requires at least +5 tomes and a ridiculous gear set to be viable. Don't even get me started on how people pretend as though all of the +5 tomes they all use were drops and not purchased for more than $50. Carpone's variation here doesn't need 90 str for stunning blow and charisma is completely dumped. This leaves str/con as focus stats just as anyone would even if they were new. Thus this build here is far more economical in terms of both time and resources.

Gear swapping is gear swapping. If a player is going to build for cocoon they should probably use it and save themselves the trouble of swapping. Because like I said, excessive swapping takes the fun out of everything.
    Other than the ESOS and Litany (which neither can be bought in the store) what about his gearset is particularly hard to aquire? I mean sure the stuff is Epic Elite, but that doesn't mean a version of all EH stuff would be absolute ****y.

If anything, just swap the sword and trinket for a cleaver and planar prowess. Voila, now both gear sets look pretty similar.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    I believe this is the most sig worthy thing to ever be written on these forums.
    Yeah but if you just snip it like that, people will see it and not get that im trying to mimic someone else lol, but maybe thats the idea?

Community Member

Default My 2 Coppers

Quote Originally Posted by Musashiclaw View Post
    When you level from 1-20 what weapons do you use? Wraps or THF?
    I highly recommend wraps until you can fight while centered. That should be around level 16 or so. Early game, you own content, and your power slightly drops off as all the THF feats are spent while you are still sporting wrap I had a Green Steel axe and re did enhancements as soon as I could go centered w/ it.

I suppose you could consider a stick build to at least take advantage of the spent THF feats while working towards Cleaver. Also, I didn't really like the Druid splash much and would look into a Cleric (War Priest) next life.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Cleaver > eSoS. Limbchopper is awesome. Plus you'd have to wear eClaw set to make up the lost artifact hit/dmg. It's not terrible, but it's not optimal.

I don't wear exceptional Fortification for EE. The avoidance and mitigation are good enough.
    I don't agree at all.
    Consider ESOS on a 8 kensei has a crit range of 13-20! With a x7 on a 19-20. This is what my build has. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...atsword-Kensei
    When you are doing this much damage who cares if the enemy's limb is choped off - they are dead in a few seconds anyway.
    With good defence mine is - 50% displace / 25 % incorp / 15% dodge / 75 AC and / 80-100 PRR the few attacks the limb chop mitigates don't mean nada.

Cleaver is super overrated - it has a crit range of 20 at worse and 17-20 at best. I don't want the enemy limb chopped or cursed I just want them dead.

Community Member

Yea, Cleaver is not better than ESOS. It's just easier to get so more people have it. I have both and while Cleaver can come close sometimes, it's not better.
    Characters:
    5th Life Human Paladin - Sorrowanddoo
    11th Life Sun Elf Wizard - Sorrowandei
    3rd Life Human Fighter - Sorrowandai

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChemE View Post
    Yea, Cleaver is not better than ESOS. It's just easier to get so more people have it. I have both and while Cleaver can come close sometimes, it's not better.
    The one downside of ESOS is that it is based on critical hits so if you have an enemy with high fortification you have to have some way to mitigate.

I use giant crafted armor (or black dragonscale) -15% + shattering strike -15% + twisted grim percision -15% = -45%

Quote Originally Posted by jakedamus View Post
    The one downside of ESOS is that it is based on critical hits so if you have an enemy with high fortification you have to have some way to mitigate.

I use giant crafted armor (or black dragonscale) -15% + shattering strike -15% + twisted grim percision -15% = -45%
    That all stacks? Good to know, i always thought same number types don't stack.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234