Default Expansion pack question,can somebody clear this up

I understand the new quests,but my main question is about the new lvl 15 characters. These ideas i have can be completely wrong but i cant seem to find a straight answer that lays down what is really going on with the new characters.

So these have to start at lvl 15? I cant refuse and start in Karthos.

I have no choice of race?With the first one i understand ( a little,seems like a prestige not class) ,but the other classes?

I cant buy the classes separate? only if i buy this new pack,and i cant buy the new races separate because some of them have to have the race and class together.

You cant TR into any of the new classes/races.

Im really only interested in one of the 4 new classes/races,so im not interested in the whole pack. I can do without spending any money for stuff i dont want.

Seems that this is a all or nothing deal.

Im not gonna hate quit or anything,but dont wanna spend money on stuff that i will never use.

any info would be appreciated

Default Iconics are races, not classes

The new Iconics are races, not classes. They require a specific class at level 1 as well. For example Purple Dragon Knights must take Paladin as their first level class.

My impression is that you will be able to buy them separately, no doubt for a sizable markup in price. It's only logical; consider the situation for people who bought the basic shadowfell package that only includes 2 of the 4. Do they now have to buy another shadowfell (the standard edition) to get the last 2 iconics? Highly doubtful.

One thing turbine seems big on is not letting you pay twice for the same thing. So I doubt they'd make you (do they even let you?) buy two different versions of the same expansion.

Iconic TR is (or will be) being worked on. It will be available, just not by U19.

You don't have to start at level 15, you can bail on the free leveling. If you do, once you reach level 15 you get the free gear that comes with that iconic. (This is what someone else posted. I can't confirm this point.)

Quote Originally Posted by Greantun View Post
    The new Iconics are races, not classes. They require a specific class at level 1 as well. For example Purple Dragon Knights must take Paladin as their first level class.
    well that sort of clears up one thing,sort of just a prestige,Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    My impression is that you will be able to buy them separately, no doubt for a sizable markup in price. It's only logical; consider the situation for people who bought the basic shadowfell package that only includes 2 of the 4. Do they now have to buy another shadowfell (the standard edition) to get the last 2 iconics? Highly doubtful.

One thing turbine seems big on is not letting you pay twice for the same thing. So I doubt they'd make you (do they even let you?) buy two different versions of the same expansion.

Iconic TR is (or will be) being worked on. It will be available, just not by U19.

You don't have to start at level 15, you can bail on the free leveling. If you do, once you reach level 15 you get the free gear that comes with that iconic. (This is what someone else posted. I can't confirm this point.)
    Oh i thought you got all 4 with the pack,so the good news is i can just get the one i want.

The part about gear doesnt sound bad,thanks for the info. Glad i waited

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post
    I understand the new quests,but my main question is about the new lvl 15 characters. These ideas i have can be completely wrong but i cant seem to find a straight answer that lays down what is really going on with the new characters.

So these have to start at lvl 15? I cant refuse and start in Karthos.

I have no choice of race?With the first one i understand ( a little,seems like a prestige not class) ,but the other classes?

I cant buy the classes separate? only if i buy this new pack,and i cant buy the new races separate because some of them have to have the race and class together.

You cant TR into any of the new classes/races.

Im really only interested in one of the 4 new classes/races,so im not interested in the whole pack. I can do without spending any money for stuff i dont want.

Seems that this is a all or nothing deal.

Im not gonna hate quit or anything,but dont wanna spend money on stuff that i will never use.

any info would be appreciated
    Iconics have their own unique backstories. This makes them start in unique areas. They're otherwise exactly the same as if you were starting a level 15 variant of Veteran, except your first level is preset (though you can LR +1 it out, UD20). Other than that level, they function as a new race.

The devs indicated that, unlike MotU content, both the full expansion content and Iconics will be released into the store without overly long delay.

Iconics also supposedly each have their own unique quest to run, and they all begin with what is essentially level 15 veteran gear.

I think that covers most everything~
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda13 View Post
    Oh i thought you got all 4 with the pack,so the good news is i can just get the one i want.
    I had the names wrong. Just in terms of iconics:

$30 Standard Edition comes with PDK
    $50 Collector's Edition comes with PDK, Morninglord and Shader-kai
    Both come with Bladeforged if you preorder (ie: buy today or tonight)

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post

As for the first paragraph I believe Cordovan said that you will be able to purchase them separately from the DDO Store for 1295 TP in Update 20 or something.

For the Second Paragraph I have gotten several versions of the same expansion. First I got the Base Edition of MotU, then later I got the Standard Edition, and finally a long time after got the Pre-Purchase Collectors Edition of MotU. (Yes all of those were applied to the same account in that order)

~Somewhat Friendly Neighborhood Halfling
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (24 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (28 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (25 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (28 Barb) ~Erofenbless (28 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (28 Cleric Dualbox) ~Erofenten (20 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o